Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 3/17/2006 10:51:59 AM EDT
What kind do you recommend? I am replacing my dead Weber and I want to only spend less than $700 on one. I saw a Ducane at Homey D that looked nice.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 10:58:56 AM EDT
Lowes carries the best deals in my neck of the woods.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 11:09:18 AM EDT
I highly recommend one of the Weber Genesis models.

I have a Genesis Gold and it is without a doubt the best gas grill I've ever owned...

www.weber.com/bbq/pub/grill/2005/gas/gg_gen.aspx
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 11:11:34 AM EDT

Originally Posted By AZ_Sky:

I have a Genesis Gold and it is without a doubt the best gas grill I've ever owned...

That is the exact one in MY future once my finances are in better order. I'll also get the rotisserie.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 11:17:01 AM EDT
I've been shopoping for one myself lately. Ran across this buyer's guide. You might find it useful.

bbq.about.com/cs/grills/bb/aabyb042503.htm

According to this guy, some of the cheaper stainless grills use low-quality stainless that is prone to rusting.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 11:21:35 AM EDT
Don't get a Commercial Char-broil. it has cheap stainless, but it does have brass burners which are a lot better than the stainless ones tha tyou find on most grills.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 11:36:49 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Greywolf2112:

That is the exact one in MY future once my finances are in better order. I'll also get the rotisserie.

Hey Greywolf2112,

Good choice going with stainless. I don't post much but I do lurk quite a bit. I know that you recently moved to Florida. The humidity here is so high that anything other than stainless will only last a couple of years. Buy the best one you can afford. Three years ago I bought a Members Mark (Sams store brand). It has cast iron burners in lieu of the standard sheet stainless burners on most grills, I thought these would last a long time. Even the cast iron burners rust out, I have already had to replace them. I grill out at least two - three times a week. I love my gas grill.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 12:53:39 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Swamprat51:

Originally Posted By Greywolf2112:

Hey Greywolf2112,

Good choice going with stainless. I don't post much but I do lurk quite a bit. I know that you recently moved to Florida. The humidity here is so high that anything other than stainless will only last a couple of years. Buy the best one you can afford. Three years ago I bought a Members Mark (Sams store brand). It has cast iron burners in lieu of the standard sheet stainless burners on most grills, I thought these would last a long time. Even the cast iron burners rust out, I have already had to replace them. I grill out at least two - three times a week. I love my gas grill.

Howdy! Yeah, I bought a Weber portable charcoal a few weeks ago to tide me over until my house sells and I can afford the $800 Weber Genesis Gold and Rotisserie. I'm having a blast grilling every weekend!
Top Top