Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/6/2003 2:07:05 PM EDT
I'm looking for a set of cheap new tires...
255-50R16 or 245-50R16

I'd rather pay shipping charges than 6% sales tax...

Any good sources ???

You guys at AR15.com have the answers to everything...[:D]

I'll bet there will be several good sources posted within... say...

12 minutes... [:D]
Link Posted: 1/6/2003 2:29:13 PM EDT
[#1]
[url=http://www.tirerack.com]Here ya go.[/url]  I've bought from there twice.  Shipping for a complete set of 275/75/17[?] was less than $30, 2-Day FedEx.
Link Posted: 1/6/2003 4:56:18 PM EDT
[#2]
I'll second the recomendation for Tire Rack.  Nice & cheap.
Link Posted: 1/6/2003 5:02:29 PM EDT
[#3]
I'll third the tire rack.  Ordered a pair pf Yoko's for my ex's Avenger....price was killer, they don't ride as well but durability is way better.  Shipped fast too.
Link Posted: 1/6/2003 5:06:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Definately Tire Rack.  It was the first thought that shot through my head when I saw your topic.  One note, I have ordered from them a few times, and always had stuff sent UPS.  I never got all four tires at once.  Usually three, then one.  They take up too much room in the truck.  I would get three one day, and the last one the next.  Total shipping time was about three business days.
Link Posted: 1/6/2003 5:07:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Another Tire Rack satisfied customer here.

With the exception of my racing tires, I have exclusively used TR for the past 5 yrs.  Never disappointed.

-934, who goes through lots of tires
Link Posted: 1/6/2003 5:14:01 PM EDT
[#6]
I've bought a lot of tires from Tire Rack and been very happy with prices and shipping.

That being said when I needed new tires for my Yukon (265/75-16) the OEM tires were available at Sam's Club, installed, with road hazard warranty, for only a few dollar's more than Tire Rack.

Link Posted: 1/6/2003 5:16:19 PM EDT
[#7]
[url]http://www.tirerack.com[/url] is the tops.
Link Posted: 1/6/2003 5:18:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Thanks for the info guys...

I found "kumho's" for $87ea there...
Unreal price...
Perfect tires for my beater car...

All they need to do is hold air.[:D]

Just got off the phone with my brother...
He's bought several sets of rear tires from them for his new 'Vette...
He says "tirerack" is da best...
Link Posted: 1/6/2003 5:42:37 PM EDT
[#9]
dragracer--

go to delaware--no sales tax and you can have them mounted and balanced while you wait.

also delaware is the cheapest place to buy cigarettes--marlboros $23/carton at the cigarette outlets.  they're $43 here in jersey and $75 in nyc!

earlybirdnj
Link Posted: 1/6/2003 10:59:43 PM EDT
[#10]
http://www.1010tires.com is way better than any other on line tire company for prices & shipping.

Compare tires & S&H on this site and see what you think.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top