Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/27/2004 3:01:44 AM EDT
No BS, I really need it.

Due to the GWOT Lake City is no longer able to supply OGAs with ammo.  Need Nato Spec ammo that will work in both GAU 17's and M60s.  The key is the links, some work in both, some cause problems in the Mini's.  

We have been using supposed Nato Spec ammo from Malaisia but it straight sucks, looking for perhaps Portugese?  

Link Posted: 8/27/2004 3:07:40 AM EDT
[#1]
Sounds like something Ammoman might be able to help ya out with, did ya check with him?

www.ammoman.com

Mike
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 3:26:17 AM EDT
[#2]
Just get yourself a dillions reloading machine. I bet 4 million rounds would deffinatly be cost effective. But you wouldn't be able to work for like 1 month straight.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 3:38:33 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Sounds like something Ammoman might be able to help ya out with, did ya check with him?

www.ammoman.com

Mike

As I told the VIP's that visited my launch site, "People who pay 30 grand for their own private machine gun dont shoot shit ammo"  I want the opinions of FA shooters before I do like someone did last year and find a distributer that has that quanity on hand.  Thats how we ended up with the bad ammo in the first place.

Link Posted: 8/27/2004 3:42:37 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 4:06:13 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
No BS, I really need it.

Due to the GWOT Lake City is no longer able to supply OGAs with ammo.  Need Nato Spec ammo that will work in both GAU 17's and M60s.  The key is the links, some work in both, some cause problems in the Mini's.  

We have been using supposed Nato Spec ammo from Malaisia but it straight sucks, looking for perhaps Portugese?  

at $.15 a round,  that's $150,000!!!!!  HOly shit, thats a lot of ammo.

WWVPCdo?

TXL
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 4:09:50 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 4:22:26 AM EDT
[#7]
oh, and I wanna party with you man!

TXL
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 4:25:03 AM EDT
[#8]
Psywar, are you OCONUS? I IM'ed you.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 4:25:57 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 6:35:29 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 6:42:16 AM EDT
[#11]

I need 4 million rounds of 7.62 Ball Tracer Mix  

Do you need any help shooting it up?
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 6:43:56 AM EDT
[#12]
have you checked with Jim McLoud?

www.gunsnh.com/
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 6:48:57 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 6:52:24 AM EDT
[#14]
IM sent.  
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 9:42:31 AM EDT
[#15]
I'm ignorant -- What is an OGA?
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 12:20:37 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
I'm ignorant -- What is an OGA?

Other Governmental Agency, IE a non DOD, but still US agency.

Thanks to all that provided me with links and possible sources.  Unfortunatly where Im working they dont let us Gringos fire the guns operationaly, but I find the time to test the guns on a regular basis :-)  Thats why you wont have to fight me for a place in line to fire a GAU at any of the shoots LOL.

To give feeback to some of the folks out there.  With a GAU and the DAFD 2000 Feeder we are not able to run South African, the links are too weak and stretch causing timeing related jams.  The Malay we have found numerous problems, some storage related, but also numerous rounds without powder, the primer pushing the bullet just far enough down the barrel to alow the next round to seat, and well then ya know what happens.    Also with the Malay the primer sealent(looks like bright red fingernail polish that was put on my hand) gums up the bolts.  The few minis Ive seen at Bulletfest and Knobb Creek were running an older (GE?) feeder/delinker and dont seem to have the problems with the SA ammo.

Link Posted: 8/27/2004 12:24:56 PM EDT
[#17]
I don't think Eric can provide 4 MILLION rounds, could he?

Well, maybe Cabelas can hook you up.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 12:25:47 PM EDT
[#18]
Give IMI a call?
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 12:48:06 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:
No BS, I really need it.

at $.15 a round,  that's $150,000!!!!!  HOly shit, thats a lot of ammo.

WWVPCdo?

TXL

At $.15/round I came up with $600,000.  damn.  I will be impressed if AR15.com can help fill that order!
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 12:54:48 PM EDT
[#20]
How about saving some of the surplus for the rest of us!  
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 1:00:02 PM EDT
[#21]
might try alliant tech sytstems
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 1:07:22 PM EDT
[#22]
FWIW, I'm almost 100% sure M60_Howard uses SA ammo in his mini.  That ammo should be ok.  However if there's a problem running it because of the links being too weak, why not de-link, re-link on newer or US-made links, and give it another shot.  Also check your feed chute; sounds like there may be something a little "off" with the SA links thats causing drag in either the feed chute or the feeder/delinker.  I don't know abut the Malay - I didn't think it was NATO spec, but after your experience with it, I wouldn't use it.  Just make sure anything you put in a mini is NATO spec.  A hangfire in a mini certainly wouldn't be fun.

If you want, IM me and I can put you in touch with Howard for more info.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 1:18:12 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
FWIW, I'm almost 100% sure M60_Howard uses SA ammo in his mini.  That ammo should be ok.  However if there's a problem running it because of the links being too weak, why not de-link, re-link on newer or US-made links, and give it another shot.  Also check your feed chute; sounds like there may be something a little "off" with the SA links thats causing drag in either the feed chute or the feeder/delinker.  I don't know abut the Malay - I didn't think it was NATO spec, but after your experience with it, I wouldn't use it.  Just make sure anything you put in a mini is NATO spec.  A hangfire in a mini certainly wouldn't be fun.

If you want, IM me and I can put you in touch with Howard for more info.

I wish we had the time to link and or de-link ect.  That would probably work in a traning enviroment, but not operationaly.  As to the feed chute issue, we do have problems with them, like 50lb BOB's getting dropped on them and such, or even the 98lb LBG standing on it and thinking it should work!

I lost Howards Contact info after BF, so please put us in contact.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 4:51:46 PM EDT
[#24]
OK I might be able to swing it - but I need specifics as to Production date acceptance, environment being used in etc.  NATO Countries only for sure --
Price -- everything has a premium today.

IM me
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 4:55:17 PM EDT
[#25]
Operational enviroment

Im not a Contracting Officer, nor do I play one on TV, Nor did I stay in Holiday Inn express last nite so all the other details I will let you and the Loggies work out
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 5:13:08 PM EDT
[#26]
If Ammoman or the other vendors can't help you try Summit Ammo. They might have something for you.

They supplied a lot of the ClassIII guys at the Machingun shoots I've attended. Summit Ammo

Our little group alone probably shot off about $6K-$10K worth of the ammo in 2002 in the four days we were at Dry Creek. We were still shooting our left over supply of their ammo at the following years 2003 Dry Creek Machine gun shoot.

They trailered the last minute orders & back ordered ammo directly to the shoot and the rest were droped shipped months in advance. Bunch of kool guys.

Link Posted: 8/27/2004 5:26:48 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
might try alliant tech sytstems

ATK is Lake City. and Federal and CCI/Speer.

I can tell you from a first hand perspective... Federal cannot take on  an additional 4 million rounds in the foreseeable future.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 5:59:59 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 6:07:54 PM EDT
[#29]
I'm guessing your mini's don't have the feeder motor?
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 6:11:46 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

There is a boost motor on the ammo can, but not on the feeder itself
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 6:33:38 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

There is a boost motor on the ammo can, but not on the feeder itself

And that's not helping with the links pulling apart?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top