Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 9/29/2011 5:14:43 PM EST
I was organizing my safe tonight and realized my Mosquito was missing. Went through all the spots where I would have kept it and its no where to be found. Can't even find the big blue box it came in which is leading me to believe I left it at the range a few months ago by accident.
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 5:15:55 PM EST
Nice.
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 5:17:07 PM EST
Derp.

Link Posted: 9/29/2011 5:17:17 PM EST
I'd check my car. "lost" a gun there before.
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 5:19:24 PM EST
Check behind/beside the safe.

Who were you on the range with? Have them check their bags. While you're at it, check your bags again.

It'll turn up.
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 5:20:11 PM EST
The CIA stole it to assassinate a politician with so you can be the fall guy.
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 5:20:28 PM EST
Originally Posted By SGocka:
Derp.

ill see your derp and raise you a herp
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 5:22:07 PM EST
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 5:22:24 PM EST
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 5:23:39 PM EST
I wouldn't have admitted it.
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 5:23:49 PM EST
Derp.

How old are you?, seriously.
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 5:24:45 PM EST
I've always found guns that I lost, but then, I use a spreadsheet to keep track of the five figures worth of guns I have on long term loan.
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 5:25:04 PM EST
Originally Posted By cavscouty:
Derp.

27. I have 41 guns. I've never lost one. Seriously.
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 5:25:44 PM EST
Happens to me all the time usually my 2 year old has it
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 5:26:22 PM EST
Well the good news if I truly left it at the range hopefully someone found it and has not used it for anything illegal yet.
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 5:26:40 PM EST
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 5:27:20 PM EST
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 5:27:26 PM EST
Look under your seat like i had to do to find one I forgot I put there. Went so far as to call the popo.
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 5:28:06 PM EST
[Last Edit: 9/29/2011 5:28:22 PM EST by cavscouty]
Derp.

OK, I just thought because of the "herp derp" BS you were more like 12. Guess I was wrong.
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 5:29:20 PM EST
Originally Posted By HardShell:

Derp.

When you're well into triple digits spread across multiple safes, it's easier to misplace one. Seriously.

Misplacing one is a different story. Ok you left it in your range bag and forgot about it. Put it in the wrong safe, whatever. Leaving one at the range?
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 5:30:37 PM EST
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 5:31:34 PM EST
Which is why I am thinking I DID NOT leave it at the range. In 10+ years of shooting I have NEVER done that. There is a first time for everything though.

Derp.

When you're well into triple digits spread across multiple safes, it's easier to misplace one. Seriously.

Misplacing one is a different story. Ok you left it in your range bag and forgot about it. Put it in the wrong safe, whatever. Leaving one at the range?

Link Posted: 9/29/2011 5:33:02 PM EST
Lost a Cold Steel knife for about a year and finally found it underneath my front seat in my truck!
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 5:33:09 PM EST
i used to do that when i was single. I would be getting cereal out and find a glock in the cabinet . Now that I am married guns don't go missing they are put up where the wife tells me.

I used to think a gun within reach of me at all times was a good idea, but it really didn't help when i couldn't remember where I put them. lol I am so lucky i found a wife hahaha. good luck to you op you'll find it
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 5:34:34 PM EST
[Last Edit: 9/29/2011 5:35:50 PM EST by REDMASTA]
Shit happens hopefully you locate it, maybe they are holding it at the range if you left it there. The real derp would be if person found it and instead of reporting a lost gun was willing to steal it and commit a felony just for a Sig Mosquito.
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 5:35:21 PM EST
Originally Posted By evenflow:
I was organizing my safe tonight and realized my Mosquito was missing. Went through all the spots where I would have kept it and its no where to be found. Can't even find the big blue box it came in which is leading me to believe I left it at the range a few months ago by accident.

Could anybody have stolen it from you?

Had to ask.

Chris

Link Posted: 9/29/2011 5:35:23 PM EST
I've left a bag full of ammo and magazines at the range before Picked it up the next day when I realized that I was one range bag short. OOPS!
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 5:35:50 PM EST

Originally Posted By Combat_Jack:
I've always found guns that I lost, but then, I use a spreadsheet to keep track of the five figures worth of guns I have on long term loan.

A spreadsheet you say...

That appeals to the nerd in me. I may have to make one too.
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 5:37:30 PM EST
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 5:38:52 PM EST
Originally Posted By ChrisGarrett:

Could anybody have stolen it from you?

Had to ask.

Chris

Possibly, but the only people I shoot with are close friends and we are normally the only ones at the range at the time.
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 5:39:52 PM EST
Ouch. Better late then never. Oh wait.
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 5:40:55 PM EST
Sorta the same thing happened to me a couple years ago. I took my P239 to the range, I took it out of the range bag. I left it on the dining room table to clean wrapped up in an old t-shirt. A couple weeks went by and I couldn't find it in the safe. I got that pit of my stomach felling as I thought I lost it or it was stolen. A couple days later I found it on the table.

You probably put it somewhere and just forgot where. Once you stop looking for it you'll find it. 9/10 it'll be right there under your nose. Good luck man.
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 5:41:23 PM EST
[Last Edit: 9/29/2011 5:43:08 PM EST by REDMASTA]

Originally Posted By nick89302:

Originally Posted By Combat_Jack:

A spreadsheet you say...

That appeals to the nerd in me. I may have to make one too.

It makes things easier, for sure.

Also for insurance reasons, I cataloged and photographed all my firearms in the unlikely event someone managed to comprise my safe I would have a leg to stand on when filling an insurance claim.
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 5:42:35 PM EST
Where I live if you had left it at the range it would have been turned in and you would have been contacted by now.

Sorry man. I misplaced a .45 mag a couple of months ago and went bananas.

A gun would drive me crazier than a bat in a belfry.
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 5:45:19 PM EST
I moved my gun cabinet the other day. Grabbed my Serbu Super Shorty AOW out and put it some place out of sight just in case some cheerleaders stopped by or something.

I had to check every drawer, cabinet, and mattress in the house. Finally found it but I was for a little while. Damn thing is so small it was easy to lose
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 5:46:14 PM EST
If it is like the one my wife has check the garage maybe you used it for a hammer and left it on the bench.
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 5:47:47 PM EST
Not too long ago I couldn't find my 1969 .243 Browning BAR for a few days, last time I remembered having it was at the end of hunting season. Not in the safe or anywhere around the house, checked the house at the hunting lease, vehicles, etc. Finally called my dad, and he checked his safes, there it was. I had forgotten that the last weekend I used it deer hunting I was going straight out of town for work from where we were at and had sent it along with him for safe keeping. Hope you figure it out.
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 5:51:22 PM EST
I lost a Mark III for over a year. Found it under the living room couch. I never did figure out how it got there or how it escaped being found despite looking under that couch several times.

OP, keep looking, you'll find it.
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 5:59:03 PM EST
Damn you got me paranoid now. I've been in this corporate apartment out of town for months and am moving out and heading home tomorrow. Been going around the last ten minutes checking under furniture, the mattress, cushions, drawers, etc. Know I've only had three guns over here with me and just laid eyes on all three in my bag but I'm always a nut anyway when it comes to checking out of hotels and extended stay places and worrying about leaving something, this just reinforced it a bit
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 5:59:57 PM EST
I lost a G34 not long ago... took me almost a week to find it.

this makes me feel a little better I found one after searching for 3 months.... exactly where i looked for it the 1 st time.
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 6:09:45 PM EST
Just today we got put into holding into Newark. Got it all done and went to look for my sunglasses and couldn't find them, despite being trapped into my seat. Looked everywhere in arms lengh to no avail. Finally my co-pilot pointed to my chest and started laughing. Yeah, hooked em onto my shirt. Guess the point of the story is, don't overlook obvious places. Hope ya find it.
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 6:12:32 PM EST
Happens some times,

Charter Arms .38, before hammerless wuz cool (cause the gal dumped 5 into him , then broke the hammer off in his skull )

That one was in my canoe on Blackwater.

Then there wuz the sks that a dirtbag thought he needed more that I did. He didn't.

He kinda figured out that you shouldn't take things outta an investigators pov.

But the Gov. marked Colt, I got nuttin, not a clue, just gone.
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 6:12:44 PM EST
Originally Posted By 9thEnBn:
Lost a Cold Steel knife for about a year and finally found it underneath my front seat in my truck!

My wife calls the area under and behind my truck seats the 'Black Hole of the Southwest'. Whenever I misplace something, that is the first place she looks.

Found my missing zippo lighter and a couple of dollars in change just the other day.
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 6:12:51 PM EST
Well the good news if I truly left it at the range hopefully someone found it and has not used it for anything illegal yet.

Have you called the range? I think most people would have turned it in.

I did have a coworker accidentally take someone's rifle once. It was in a case and there was a large group of us and it was near our area. He figured it out after the 1.5 hour drive back home. It belonged to one of the range officers, who got it back soon after.
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 6:15:22 PM EST
I lost a PF9 for a day once, I found it up in my closet on top of some old clothes
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 6:16:13 PM EST

I was organizing my safe tonight and realized my Mosquito was missing.

That's going to come back to bite you.
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 6:28:59 PM EST

Derp.

I have 6 guns. Seriously.
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 6:50:57 PM EST

OK, I just thought because of the "herp derp" BS you were more like 12. Guess I was wrong.

dude, you have so much herp built up. The only cure is the finest shotgun known to mankind.
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 6:53:49 PM EST
Are you, by any chance, a member of Obama's cabinet?

Hope and Change seem to have turned up missing as well.
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 7:04:20 PM EST
I freaked recently over a pistol that turned up under the butt of a shotgun in my gun cabinet. Had to WTF?! at myself.

Leaving one at the range is a huge fear of mine. I go all kinds of paranoid checking multiple times before I leave. On probably more than one occasion, I've stopped on the side of the road on the way home, to do an inventory.
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 7:08:49 PM EST
Hey guys!

I found a Sig Sauer .22 pistol at the range this week and traded it at a gun show to some dude for a shitload of beef jerky!

WIN!!!
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Top Top