User Panel

Link Posted: 12/24/2005 1:21:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Good...., some new laws.
That'll fix things right up
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 1:24:53 PM EDT
[#2]

Lawmakers agree to toughen gun control, "cop killer" laws

You mean up until now you were allowed to kill cops in NY??
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 1:54:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Why would a law stiffening the penalty for killing a cop
or selling guns illegally even concern you ?

I could see if they went the typical route and tried to
ban the ownership of weapons from law abiding citizens
but that's not the case here .

In fact there was more the one article in the lib rag
NY Times where NYPD cops said that keeping guns
from Joe citizen isn't the answer . All they wanted
was for existing laws to be enforced by liberal judges .
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 2:00:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 2:00:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Looks like they are going after the bad guys ? I think it is a good thing.
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 2:01:19 PM EDT
[#6]
No death penalty for cop killing?

Had to compromise on that?

Link Posted: 12/24/2005 2:22:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Bad guys gotta be laughing, cops will get some, I know you guys remember the guy who killed the cop from the 3-4 precint then fled to the Dominican Republic, well he could not be extradited, but he commited suicide when he "fell" off a 4 story jail in the Dominican Republic....NYPD metes out justice...
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 2:33:46 PM EDT
[#8]
The NY State Rifle & Pistol Association actually is very happy with the outcome of this latest gun law battle.  Some of the laws proposed would have put most NY dealers out of business.  The laws thatwere passed are targeted at those involved in the illicit gun trade.
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 3:11:23 PM EDT
[#9]
I have to say that it seems for once the NY State government has done the right thing and gone after scumbags instead of decent gun owners and honest gun dealers.
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 3:16:40 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Tougher laws against even menacing a cop....I'm all for it. Plus I'm happy the Gov is still trying for the death penalty. If I have to attend another of my fellow cop's funerals and listen to Amazing Grace on the bagpipes again...

As for the sale of illegal guns and the raising of the penalty, I'm all for that too.

"Wave"
NYPD

+1
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 3:17:36 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Tougher laws against even menacing a cop....I'm all for it. Plus I'm happy the Gov is still trying for the death penalty. If I have to attend another of my fellow cop's funerals and listen to Amazing Grace on the bagpipes again...

As for the sale of illegal guns and the raising of the penalty, I'm all for that too.

"Wave"
NYPD

Aren't most guns illegal in NYC? Unless, you are a cop, or well connected.
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 3:24:39 PM EDT
[#12]
It's true to say most of the guns in NYC are illegal, something like 2,000,000 illegal to 50,000 legal.

But any NYC resident with a clean record can get a permit to own pistols -- it's getting a carry permit that's impossible.
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 10:26:11 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

"Wave"
NYPD

Aren't most guns illegal in NYC? Unless, you are a cop, or well connected.

It was easier to buy an illegal gun than to go through with the paperwork...
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 10:37:12 PM EDT
[#14]
I think it's good... it's a law that punishes CRIMINALS, not law abiding citizens.  
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 7:15:35 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 10:56:59 AM EDT
[#16]
Oh I think it's generally good but only in NY would you have a special session on guns laws (and not to repeal them either).

It's the whole executing cop killers is wrong thing by the assembly that ticks me.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 12:08:38 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
It's the whole executing cop killers is wrong thing by the assembly that ticks me.

If the Democrats supported the death penalty they would lose the key support of the inner city "community leaders" and the votes they control that keep them in office. Do you think the Democrats actually care one way or the other about punishing cop killers?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top