Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/9/2004 5:49:19 AM EDT
Has Ken Jennings ended his 'Jeopardy!' run?
-
Wednesday, September 8, 2004

(09-08) 20:52 PDT LOS ANGELES (AP) --

Has Ken Jennings ended his "Jeopardy!" streak?

A report posted Wednesday on the TV Week Web site said the brainy software engineer from Utah lost in a show taped Tuesday, walking away after his 75th straight game with about $2.5 million overall in cash and prizes. The magazine cited unnamed sources and said the show would air later this fall.

A spokesperson for the show told TV Week that it would not disclose whether Jennings lost.

Calls late Wednesday by The Associated Press to "Jeopardy!" publicist Jeff Ritter and to the show's production offices were not immediately returned.

Jennings, the 30-year-old from Salt Lake City, began his record-breaking run June 2, with a six-week hiatus for summer reruns.

After winning the show that aired Wednesday, his 41st, he had amassed $1,380,661.

To mark the start of its 20th season last September, the quiz show lifted its five-game limit for winners and allowed them to keep going until they lose.

URL: http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/news/archive/2004/09/08/entertainment2352EDT0227.DTL

Link Posted: 9/9/2004 6:01:45 AM EDT
[#1]
There are quite a few communist in America. Babbling on about how it is not fair Ken is still on the show. Give the other contestants a chance, etc.

As far as I'm concerned as ling as he keeps on winning even if it's 8 years from now, Ken should still be on Jeopardy. He wins decisively, he wins fair and square, and where I come from a win is a win.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 7:13:16 AM EDT
[#2]
The man knows his stuff. I have no idea how he makes time to learn all those esoteric facts, but hey...people are just jealous that he's smarter than they are. Let him keep on playing as long as he can.

75 shows? Wow. Got to be a record.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 7:15:02 AM EDT
[#3]
I heard this on the radio this morning. That guy is amazing.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 7:15:14 AM EDT
[#4]
I just heard about this on Regis and Kelli.

Easy!!  It's just on in the background.......
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 7:53:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Ben Stien is certainly in AWE!!!

I feel it must be like the 64,000 dollar question game(must be rigged)!

If he surly has this kind of cognance then he is the one of a kind with fully maybe twenty percent of his minds capabilitys!

Untill proven otherwise he be the man!!!!!!

Bob
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top