Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/8/2002 9:15:16 AM EDT
They pratically closed the whole city down for this. [url]http://www.ctnow.com/news/local/hc-cameraman0208.artfeb08.story?coll=hc%2Dheadlines%2Dhome[/url]
Link Posted: 2/8/2002 9:33:42 AM EDT
[#1]
HOHOHOHO the problem I believe here is phrases from people like "what she thought was a M.G." or " what looked like a weapon" or "mistaken for". This is the "ignorance" that is kickin our asses regarding gun laws. The people making those remarks who don't know what a gun looks like are the ones voting these sh%t laws in....Lord help us! They're everywhere! AAHHHHHHH [BD]
Link Posted: 2/8/2002 9:35:47 AM EDT
[#2]
Lord, have mercy!

Lucky for those media guys that this incident didn't happen in downtown Austin, Texas!

Back in 1966, when Charles Whitman began his shooting rampage atop the University of Texas Tower, several dozen Austin citizens stopped their vehicles and began returning fire!

I believe that it was one of those Texas citizens who went up into the Tower with a DPS officer and actually ended the shooting rampage with a well-placed barage!

See story at: [url]http://www.crimelibrary.com/serial/whitman/[/url]

Eric The(PardonMe,IsThatA'Pre-Ban'Or'Post-Ban'VideoCamera?)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 2/8/2002 9:42:17 AM EDT
[#3]
The cameraman / "alleged gunman" is lucky to not be dead.

There is only one proper response to Connecticut's stupidity.

MOVE.

Like I did.

garand(CT-expatriot)man

Link Posted: 2/8/2002 9:43:39 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 2/8/2002 9:49:43 AM EDT
[#5]
Dumb a$$ed pinicky widow woman anti-gun laws were the reason I had to get out of the great friggin' corn maze they call Iowa!

[;D]
Link Posted: 2/8/2002 9:52:51 AM EDT
[#6]
Probably thought it was a snubnosed machine gun with the 2" barrel.
Link Posted: 2/8/2002 9:57:02 AM EDT
[#7]
That's just friggn' amazing. [whacko]

Did you guys vote the poll?

"Did police over-react?"

37% yes

63% no

708 total votes
Link Posted: 2/8/2002 10:01:08 AM EDT
[#8]
"If this happened somewhere other than the Capitol grounds, we would have responded the same way tactically," Hartford Police Capt. Mark Pawlina said.
View Quote

So if somebody reports a prowler in their backyard with a gun, snipers will show up?
Link Posted: 2/8/2002 10:02:55 AM EDT
[#9]
Those ladies must not have been wearing their eyeglasses. How the heck can someone mistake a professional video camera for a MG?  and people say that gun owners are paranoid?
Link Posted: 2/8/2002 10:05:45 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 2/8/2002 10:35:41 AM EDT
[#11]
LMAO!
Link Posted: 2/8/2002 10:44:56 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

i think the poll should read: "did the paranoid old bitties overreact?"

cops are cops, they come when called. paranoid people are the ones causing the trouble...unbelievable.
Link Posted: 2/8/2002 10:46:19 AM EDT
[#13]
I don't know if I should laugh, cry, be pissed at this incident.  I do know that someone over-reacted in a BIG way.

I know that people have to be on a higher state of alert since 9/11....but people are using that as the excuse for EVERYTHING!

medcop
Link Posted: 2/8/2002 10:48:29 AM EDT
[#14]
Quick!  Someone Photoshop up a picture of a Machine Gun Camera!

Make sure it has all the bells and whistles.  bayonet, pistol grop, collapsible stock, directional mic, etc.
Link Posted: 2/8/2002 10:48:47 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

i think the poll should read: "did the paranoid old bitties overreact?"

cops are cops, they come when called. paranoid people are the ones causing the trouble...unbelievable.
View Quote

Yep.
Link Posted: 2/8/2002 10:55:26 AM EDT
[#16]
Among those who supported the massive police response were Thomassen Bailey and Canty.

"The Capitol police and the state police did a fantastic job," Canty said.
View Quote

-From [i]The Waterbury Republican American.[/i]

Good.
I hope that the Connecticut Federation of Educational and Professional Employees feels the same way when they receive the bill.

Their behavior is what caused the problems:
The lockdown began shortly after Thomassen and his partner decided to go up to the garage roof for one last shot for a show sponsored by the Connecticut Federation of Educational and Professional Employees.

The pair had taken out a filming permit with the Capitol police that allowed them to film until 1 p.m., state police sources said.

The two men had already returned to the Capitol police headquarters and signed out, indicating they were done filming.

On their way out, though, "they wanted to grab one more shot of the Capitol to use for background for the television show," said Leo Canty, union executive director.
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/8/2002 12:34:39 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 2/8/2002 12:49:35 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
The lockdown began shortly after Thomassen and his partner decided to go up to the garage roof for one last shot for a show sponsored by the Connecticut Federation of Educational and Professional Employees.

The pair had taken out a filming permit with the Capitol police that allowed them to film until 1 p.m., state police sources said.

View Quote

You need a friggen permit to "film" an event????

That's even scarier than the mental midgets who mistook a camera for a machine gun.

Sounds like Granny's been watchin' too many Steven Segall movies.

Link Posted: 2/8/2002 12:54:28 PM EDT
[#19]
Hey, if it was only a video camera, then maybe all them black helicopters people complain about are really the Channel 7 NewsHawk SkyChoppers?
Link Posted: 2/8/2002 2:42:49 PM EDT
[#20]
This is what it looked like to the sammich eatin womanz...

[img]http://www.afghan-web.com/gallery/mujahidrpg.jpg[/img]

Link Posted: 2/8/2002 4:01:03 PM EDT
[#21]
Iam wondering if the camara was chambered in 8mm... [:D]
Link Posted: 2/8/2002 4:24:08 PM EDT
[#22]
It’s a good thing nobody reported seeing this.

[img]http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20020204/capt.1012843548.philippines_us_troops_mla105.jpg[/img]

The all bread AR.

Mike
Link Posted: 2/8/2002 4:34:01 PM EDT
[#23]
Wow that thing is cool.  Pre or post-ban?
Link Posted: 2/8/2002 4:41:31 PM EDT
[#24]
wow. last week, i was at the handgun range and everyone freaked out because they thought my glock was some type of camera.[grenade]
Link Posted: 2/8/2002 4:58:33 PM EDT
[#25]
I think this is great! I hope we hear stories like this on the news everyday, with law enforcement closing down malls and trapping everyone inside over something completely stupid. If we could get this to happen ten or twenty times a week everyone would realize how stupid it really is and would demand a stop to it.

Nothing like hearing about the people who know what is best for the rest of us making a complete ass out of themselves.[:)]
Link Posted: 2/8/2002 4:59:42 PM EDT
[#26]
"I think there is always a tendency in a situation like this to show what you've got. If it's two helicopters and a plane and a tank and a shoulder-mounted assault rifle, you'll show it. ... We have to find the right balance. We don't want to be in a position where every time people make a report, this place shuts down."
View Quote

Wozza "shoulder-mounted assault rifle"??  Zat anything like a "roof-mounted assault camera"??
Link Posted: 2/8/2002 5:16:02 PM EDT
[#27]
[b]"I could see how someone looking real quick might think [the video camera] could be a gun," Thomassen said.[/b]

Just like me holding my 55lb. Chesapeake Bay Retriever at low ready could be mistaken for an M-60!!!

IDIOTS! [grenade]
Link Posted: 2/8/2002 5:23:58 PM EDT
[#28]
What a bunch of dumbass Yankee F@#CK HEADS.
cpermd
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top