Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 2/25/2007 8:31:28 PM EST
[Last Edit: 2/25/2007 8:31:57 PM EST by Commando223]
They want an asshole thats gonna mistreat them and ignore them

wow thats why I'm single cuz I'm a nice guy!

nice = boring and dose not work these days its not like the 1950's

lol

sorry Hooray for beer!

Link Posted: 2/25/2007 8:32:45 PM EST
true dat
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 8:33:05 PM EST
For your sake I hope you're 14. You've only just learned this?

Link Posted: 2/25/2007 8:34:17 PM EST

Originally Posted By pulpsmack:

I'm afraid not my good man, although I didn't get out much
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 8:34:46 PM EST
i just wish someone woulda told me that at age 12

its so true though...
be unconditionaly nice and theres a 99.999% chance they will walk all over you
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 8:36:59 PM EST
I'm nice, and staying single.
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 8:37:29 PM EST

Originally Posted By aaron_fsp:
I'm nice, and staying single.

ha
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 8:37:48 PM EST
Yep, the girls like the bad boys. I'm glad that I'm just bad enough to keep mine around without getting myself into trouble.
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 8:37:56 PM EST
This is one of the truths that should be tattooed on every man's arm at birth.
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 8:38:51 PM EST

Originally Posted By texas_mustang_01:
This is one of the truths that should be tattooed on every man's arm at birth.

you said it man
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 8:40:29 PM EST
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 8:40:46 PM EST
Join the club. We have jackets.

Women only want what they can't have.
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 8:41:50 PM EST
It's all clear now though. I mean the only girls that will like a nice guy are gonna be older first of all, second the ones that have several kids and realize those assholes ain't helping them and they want a nice guy.

but I say no, hell no. fucking up my game and I cant have it

Anyone else like Red Stripe beer?
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 8:46:12 PM EST

Start hanging out with a better class of women.

Most of the women I know - (who are kind, successful and smart) - would kick a "bad boy" out on his ass. Self-confident WOMEN are not attracted to the asshole. Insecure and immature GIRLS are.

Link Posted: 2/25/2007 8:46:36 PM EST

Originally Posted By Commando223:

lol

sorry Hooray for beer!

Until about two months ago I was completely with you....and then I met her.

I don't know why God let this complete sweetie into my life...but He did.

It took many women many years to dupe me into treating them like shit....and for years I did. I always felt sick about it. After a while I got tired of the psycho chicks and I started dating really nice girls but I was so used to games and crap that I essentially ignored every sweet girl right out of my life. I gave up dating.

Fast forward seven years. Out of complete boredom I start dating a very ncie girl who did nothing for me. There I was again, stuck in the same ol' rut.

And then.....it happened....by why I can only classify as a miracle, I met someone who valued everything I learned to value and had also learned a lot over the years herself.

She's the most amazing woman I have ever met. I do not deserve her in the slightest....but I ain't gonna let that stop me.
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 8:46:48 PM EST
Not to worry.....There are nice women looking for nice guys.....you just ain't gonna find them in bars and such.
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 8:50:16 PM EST

Originally Posted By desertmoon:

lol

sorry Hooray for beer!

It took many women many years to dupe me into treating them like shit....and for years I did. I always felt sick about it. After a while I got tired of the psycho chicks and I started dating really nice girls but I was so used to games and crap that I essentially ignored every sweet girl right out of my life. I gave up dating.

Fast forward seven years. Out of complete boredom I start dating a very ncie girl who did nothing for me. There I was again, stuck in the same ol' rut.

And then.....it happened....by why I can only classify as a miracle, I met someone who valued everything I learned to value and had also learned a lot over the years herself.

She's the most amazing woman I have ever met. I do not deserve her in the slightest....but I ain't gonna let that stop me.

Rub it in, why dontcha?
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 8:55:46 PM EST
You should consider getting a boyfriend instead. barley-addict says they're much less trouble and will hit on anything that moves, even an ARFcommer. Besides, it's an "in" thing to do.

It's easy, you may just have to lower your standards.

Link Posted: 2/25/2007 8:57:43 PM EST

Originally Posted By California_Kid:
You should consider getting a boyfriend instead. barley-addict says they're much less trouble and will hit on anything that moves, even an ARFcommer. Besides, it's an "in" thing to do.

lol even an ARFcommer thats funny. But hell no thats not what I'm into...
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 9:00:17 PM EST

lol

sorry Hooray for beer!

How old are you? Grass is green, the sky is blue, water is wet, and women like to be treated like shit (to a certain degree).

I don't make the rules.
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 9:02:36 PM EST
So fucking true.
I can be the biggest asshole sometimes (usually not to the girl I'm with) but it's never driven a girl away.
They only get pissed off at me when I start ignoring them.
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 9:03:27 PM EST
[Last Edit: 2/25/2007 9:06:12 PM EST by thedoctors308]

lol

sorry Hooray for beer!

Keep telling yourself that.

I'm a nice guy, and I have no shortage of women who are drawn to me.
It's all about being interesting, well dressed, attractive, and Je ne sais pas ce qui.
Too many guys confuse being "nice" with being a doormat.
Someone already said they didn't understand why women walked all over him when he was "unconditionally nice."
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 9:23:34 PM EST

Originally Posted By tyman:

lol

sorry Hooray for beer!

Rub it in, why dontcha?

Hell, I am still in a state of shock. I have busted my ass to become a decent human being and I was REALLY losing faith that I would ever find someone who truly treasured someone who treated them decently. I'm not braggin'.....I'm just REAAAAALY fortunate.
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 9:31:24 PM EST
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 9:39:45 PM EST
[Last Edit: 2/25/2007 9:43:14 PM EST by barkley-addict]

Originally Posted By California_Kid:

it's a laugh that you're wound up enough over comments made in another topic that you post something about them in another topic like a kid would do. You misrepresent my comments at that, I guess that's intentional considering how offended you are.
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 9:42:54 PM EST

Originally Posted By thedoctors308:

lol

sorry Hooray for beer!

Keep telling yourself that.

I'm a nice guy, and I have no shortage of women who are drawn to me.
It's all about being interesting, well dressed, attractive, and Je ne sais pas ce qui.
Someone already said they didn't understand why women walked all over him when he was "unconditionally nice."

of course it's convenient if you actually are attractive. Not everyone can really do anything about that.
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 10:03:14 PM EST

The first thing I thought of as well. It sucks. I was always a nice guy, and missed out on a lot of leg because of it. I realised the error of my ways. I quit calling, stood them up, took them home in the middle of dates for no good reason. The next thing I knew, I was getting a lot more action.

Don't be violent, but sure as hell don't be nice. They even like it when you cheat on them (if they are young). The more disinterested you can act, the better, no matter what your heart tells you to do.

Women want what they think they can't get, and hate to be told no. If you act like they don't stand a chance with you, or you could care less, your doing good. They also want a guy they can change. They want an asshole who they think they can turn into prince charming.

Hell the list is endless, but you get the idea.
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 10:25:05 PM EST

Originally Posted By DK-Prof:

Most of the women I know - (who are kind, successful and smart) - would kick a "bad boy" out on his ass. Self-confident WOMEN are not attracted to the asshole. Insecure and immature GIRLS are.

When I disagree with the good professor I usually question myself, but this time I'm confident with my disagreement. I've noticed that the smarter and successful a woman is, generally the more she is attracted to a lazy jerk/leech. My wife and a good friend were marriage counselors for many years so I saw a lot of it.z
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 11:33:50 PM EST
How in the world can a topic like this get to two pages without ladder theory being mentioned?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ladder_theory

http://www.intellectualwhores.com/masterladder.html

Steve
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 12:39:00 AM EST
Once they find out that you have manners, can hold a conversation, and like to listen to real music instead of the grunge rock, they lable you a fag. A nice fag, to be sure, one that'll build a loft for them, but a fag nonetheless.
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 12:51:34 AM EST

the professor nails it on the head!!!

my current super-hot girlfriend is with me specifically because i'm nice, confident, good looking, classy and cultured. i'm also totally down to earth, unpretentious, a very good cook and highly athletic.

she's all woman; classy as can be, fit as all get out, super smart (two 4 year degrees, a phd, and a law degree), a serious go-getter. and very self-confident. i jokingly refer to her as my "uppity-woman".

raise your standards and raise your game, there's some real hotties out there...
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 12:56:15 AM EST
I'm a nice guy too. I've actually tried playing games with girls and treating them badly and I'm not proud of that but I must say it works surprisingly well. Playing games, to me, is when you dangle your companionship infront of them like a carrot and yank it out once in a while when they grab for it. For example, show up late to dates, cancel dates, don't call them right away, ect. I felt like a dick doing it, but it worked.

Link Posted: 2/26/2007 2:09:54 AM EST

Originally Posted By thedoctors308:

Thats exactly right. Where's swingset when you need him? Girls want a man, period. I don't lead an exciting life, I dont spend money on women*, I dont dress nice, and I dont make a ton of money ... but I pull tale. And I owe it all to being a nice guy.

*I do spend warrented money on women, birthdays xmas and the like, but I've never bought a girl a drink at a bar or anything half assed like that. I dont treat women any better than I'd treat a friend, I dont put them up on a pedestal, and I treat them how they treat me, not how I'd like to be treated.

The real problem is being a man about things and if you don't want to go out with her one night because you want to go out with your friends, tell her that. Hell if you want to sit home and eat cheese doodles without her there, say so. It's not going to end the relationship, and if it does well ... it should.

Relationships really aren't that hard.
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 2:15:58 AM EST

lol

sorry Hooray for beer!

Have Hope young Padawan....

Someday, the chicky-snacks you are chasing will grow up and want to settle down with a stable, responsible person who can give them nice things like a regular paycheck, a roof over their head, and medical insurance. That will be when they take a shine to you.

Problem is that they will still be getting their bells rung by the bad boys on the side...

The older and more cynical I get, the more I am convinced that if you haven't married a woman by the time you are both 27 and have kids right away, your marriage is doomed to failure. I'm sure there are exceptions on ARFCOM, but when people get older than that they miss having 'options'. Like, the option to go bang the badboy you met at the bar when you and your girlfriends had your last "girl's night out", or the option of just throwing a marriage away like they used to with dating relationships.

Link Posted: 2/26/2007 2:15:59 AM EST
Maybe you are not as nice as you think you are. Maybe women don't like an unemployed guy in his 30s who is 80 lbs overweight and still living in his parents basement. Not that thats you specifically, but thats the kind of guy I envision making that sort of complaint. Or you are simply setting your sights too high for what you have to offer in return, a Shallow Hal kind of guy.Not to mention that most of the guys here have really lousy views on women, which wont play well in getting or keeping a quality wife.
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 3:00:22 AM EST

Originally Posted By sta1treeman:

The first thing I thought of as well. It sucks. I was always a nice guy, and missed out on a lot of leg because of it. I realised the error of my ways. I quit calling, stood them up, took them home in the middle of dates for no good reason. The next thing I knew, I was getting a lot more action.

Don't be violent, but sure as hell don't be nice. They even like it when you cheat on them (if they are young). The more disinterested you can act, the better, no matter what your heart tells you to do.

Women want what they think they can't get, and hate to be told no. If you act like they don't stand a chance with you, or you could care less, your doing good. They also want a guy they can change. They want an asshole who they think they can turn into prince charming.

Hell the list is endless, but you get the idea.

I always liken it to why some people like exotic pets. like pirhanna, pythons, tigers, etc. Many women enjoy the thrill of something that is not really tame, but that they can somewhat control.

Hamsters are boring.
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 3:03:41 AM EST

Originally Posted By tyman:

lol

sorry Hooray for beer!

Rub it in, why dontcha?

Hell, I am still in a state of shock. I have busted my ass to become a decent human being and I was REALLY losing faith that I would ever find someone who truly treasured someone who treated them decently. I'm not braggin'.....I'm just REAAAAALY fortunate.

Push the knife in a little deeper....
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 3:13:04 AM EST

lol

sorry Hooray for beer!

Bingo.

(the entire comment, including the beer)
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 3:16:49 AM EST
[Last Edit: 2/26/2007 3:17:43 AM EST by GetDown_M4A3]
Girls/Chicks like assholes. They like to be treated like shit.

Women like nice, confident guys. Not doormats, but Gentlemen.

I'll stick with women. The youngest woman I've dated and am still very close with is 21, and she's one of the most mature women I've ever met. Sucks to be in a job that keeps me away from her (USMC), as that's the only barrier we'd otherwise have.

Link Posted: 2/26/2007 3:39:23 AM EST
Well Duh!! I figured this out in College, when i was the good listener who gave a shoulder to cry on when Joe Asshat took the girl out and treated her bad. But when i suggested well there are other guys like me who aren't asshats, the answer was always "You are too nice, I couldn't have a relationship with somebody like you, I would fear ruining it."

The next weekend she would go out with another asshat, then same result. Fianlly i told these girls, look if you want to date Asshats, just because thay are "cute" and ignore Joe average guy who will treat you good, don't cry to me anymore.

The end result, These girls went off and married asshats, are divorced now and I'm 37 and single, and encounter these women who have several children now and all of a sudden want a guy like me, or they hate all men because they married "Joe Asshat."

The difference is I do not want to deal with someone elses kids who are just there to remind you they don't have to listen to you , because you aren't really their daddy.

I am lonely yes, but somehow it's better than playing head games with self destructive females, who were warned by nice guys not to seek out Joe asshat and they did anyhow.
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 3:40:10 AM EST

ding, ding,ding...........WINNAH !

and american women are a tougher crowd than forign women.

of all the american women I've dated and met most are or will be a bitch within the first few years.

forign women appreciate nice guys.............very much
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 3:53:47 AM EST
No, I think a better generalization is that women don't like poor, non-powerful guys. Find your career and a good dose of success and the women will jump in your lap.
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 3:55:56 AM EST

Originally Posted By operatorerror:
true dat

+1

Link Posted: 2/26/2007 3:57:10 AM EST

Wisdom takes time.
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 4:01:26 AM EST
Here's what I've learned about women in 18 years walking this earth:

1. If you're nice, smart, and clean cut they want to be friends with you.
2. If you're an ass, dumb as a rock, but have that long, unkept hair, they want to be date you. At college, it looks to me like "boys" are what they're after. I'm past the "boy" stage and into the "man" stage.

3. The reasoning behind #'s 1 and 2 is DRAMA! Most women can't live without it. Having a stable, productive boyfriend is too much for them. They want someone who will always be close to losing his job, in trouble with the law, and in general being a hot head.

4. DRAMA Is key to women. If one woman is happy, the others make it their goal to change that. Then, they can collectively bitch about things. The next woman that climbs up and makes herself happy will be quickly dragged right back down.

Link Posted: 2/26/2007 4:02:43 AM EST
What about the opposite? Are nice girls worth anything?
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 4:03:47 AM EST

Well let me know where I can find a few of em, cause I'm SOL in my area, hehe.

-Storm
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 4:04:21 AM EST
Nice women appreciate nice guys.

There ARE nice women out there.

(I married one)
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 4:07:30 AM EST
Treat 'em like dirt and they will stick to you like mud.
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 4:13:12 AM EST
think of how much money you're saving!
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 4:16:02 AM EST

Originally Posted By dpmmn:
It's a different world these days

no , women are different these days..

Fucking womens sufferage, ruined it for all of us.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Top Top