Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/28/2006 6:24:50 AM EDT
What's up with that?

Seems I do it more often as I'm nodding off.  I think of funny shit and just burst out laughing - sometimes it wakes me up, the other times my wife wakes me and wants to know what was so funny.  She says its "cute'.  Started about a year ago.

Quite different from my father, who always seemed to be running from Zombies in his sleep.  Dad was always murmerring "no!....  no!...".

I just crack up laughing.

Psycho-Analysis please?  I expect charts and graphs from the psychic....
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 6:28:06 AM EDT
[#1]
gelastic epilepsy? (laughing seizures)

j/k  you probably are a funny clever charming guy...in your dreams!
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 6:29:46 AM EDT
[#2]
It's better than talking in your sleep.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 6:30:14 AM EDT
[#3]
Watching this one with interest.

I sleepwalk. Recently, my husband woke up to find that I had unfolded all his laundry and thrown it on the floor.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 6:31:08 AM EDT
[#4]
i do all sorts of messed up things in my sleep.

the other night, i woke up the girl friend, and told her that if i die, i wanted her to find someone else that would treat her right, and to get on with her life. (we are planning on getting married) she spent three hours crying, and i honestly don't remember any of it.

oops.

Link Posted: 3/28/2006 6:33:26 AM EDT
[#5]
People do funny stuff in their sleep.

I caught my wife yawning in her sleep. I know it mainly means that she wasn't breathing deeply enough so she yawned to get more oxygen, but that's the first I've seen of that...

She's told me I do some funny stuff in my sleep. But I'm not gonna tell any of you.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 6:35:30 AM EDT
[#6]
I wouldn't worry too much about it.  It's definitely better than night terrors.

I have taken to writing down my good dreams (scary ones), and keep a notebook and pen at bedside.  Someday that may translate into my great American novel!  
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 6:36:39 AM EDT
[#7]
My roommate has full on conversatoins with me when I sleep. He says I also sleep walk and he has woke me up from it several times.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 6:41:37 AM EDT
[#8]
Once... in a dead sleep I thought I heard the door getting kicked so I grabbed my rifle, clicked the safety off and sent the bolt home while leaping over the bed and cleared the apartment all the way to the door. The whole time my wife was screaming "WHAT ARE YOU DOING!???" All I was wearing was tighty whiteys and a green rifle!

This was shortly after returning home from basic/ait.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 6:43:10 AM EDT
[#9]

It's definitely better than night terrors.

Those suck ass bad.

I shoot people in my sleep. I kept dreaming of shooting it out with some people in the woods by my house, and getting shot. So i dug a foxhole so i won't get hit when it happens, I'm looking for a calender but can't find one before i wakeup.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 7:10:23 AM EDT
[#10]
I'll be the first to say that this post is useless with out pics...
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 7:14:49 AM EDT
[#11]
I must admit than compared to many other things that people do in thier sleep, that laughing is pretty harmless.  I do get to start the slumber process with a smile, so that's good.  Just wondering if this is a positive sign that life is good, or some repressed sign that I'm about to go postal.

Life is pretty good, my wife is awesome.  Much bad stuff 3-5 years ago is behind me and fading away fast.

Just wondering if anyone else has the same sleep-laughing symptoms.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 3:58:14 PM EDT
[#12]
8 hours pass, and this topic has people sleeping.  I guess this laughing while sleeping thing must be due to my be-a-happy-guy-lifestyle.

Merrell - I anxiously await your charts and graphs that explain this phunny phenomenon.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 4:02:46 PM EDT
[#13]
thats what happens when you dream about:

Link Posted: 3/28/2006 4:02:48 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 4:03:51 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
it's better than your wife laughing during sex

which is still better than her laughing immediately before sex
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 4:04:34 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Sorry to hear about that dude...
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 4:08:24 PM EDT
[#17]
Napoleon_Tanerite - You have 2600 posts already?  What, did you get a two for one post deal with that screen name?  Yes, you're definately the post whore champ!
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 4:09:03 PM EDT
[#18]
Better than dreaming about throwing cans of Dr. Pepper at a cat, then trying to it eat it and waking up viciously biting your pillow.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 4:10:57 PM EDT
[#19]
I laugh in my sleep too.

I usually remember what I was dreaming about becaues the laughing
wakes me up, and it is usually something from my past that was particularly funny.

My wife thinks it is pretty strange, but at least I don't talk in my sleep like she does.

Link Posted: 3/28/2006 4:18:52 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

It's definitely better than night terrors.

Those suck ass bad.

I shoot people in my sleep. I kept dreaming of shooting it out with some people in the woods by my house, and getting shot. So i dug a foxhole so i won't get hit when it happens, I'm looking for a calender but can't find one before i wakeup.

I scream in my sleep. Night terrors suck. I do this at least a couple times per week.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 4:38:26 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Link Posted: 3/28/2006 4:41:39 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You gotta admit B-S, he set himself up perfectly....  I couldn't resist!!
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 4:42:32 PM EDT
[#23]
I laugh, talk, grind my teeth.  I hope for my future husband's sake that he is a heavy sleeper.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 4:44:01 PM EDT
[#24]
Link
My room mate from freshman year made a webpage, devoted to all the things I said in my sleep.
Check it out.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 4:49:27 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Link
My room mate from freshman year made a webpage, devoted to all the things I said in my sleep.
Check it out.

Wow, eeeeerrryyy  stuff...

Doc:  "Give me the gun."  -  Keep in mind that when he says these things, he is often times sitting up looking at me with his eyes open.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 4:53:08 PM EDT
[#26]

I laugh in my sleep  

You've got me beat.

I only bed beautiful women, recieve riches and have superhuman strength
in my dreams.

GM
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 4:56:03 PM EDT
[#27]

Doc:  "Great great great great great.  Thank you."

Me:  "You're welcome."

Doc:  "Yup."

Link Posted: 3/28/2006 5:17:13 PM EDT
[#28]
I make some sort of howling noise in my sleep, which causes my wife to wake me up. Then I start laughing uncontrollably. It started when we moved in to this house.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 5:59:08 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
I make some sort of howling noise in my sleep, which causes my wife to wake me up. Then I start laughing uncontrollably. It started when we moved in to this house.

Sounds like your doing that on purpose.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 6:25:18 PM EDT
[#30]
After being on the fire dpt. for 15 years, and having on average 9 other guys in the same sleeping qts. I have heard some weird shit. One guy was grunting like hell one night, everyone woke up, he had his mattress bowed up, screwing the hell out of it, and continued after we cut the lights on. Another would always scream, blood curdling screams, freaked the shit out of everyone. Another talks, and then makes this loud LELELELELELE! shaka zulu type scream. A lot of black guys say they dream about witches chasing them, and thats why they scream? Sounds like a voodoo curse or somthing. As long as I have been on, we have had someone who does this sort of stuff on a regular basis. Freaky! I just snore like hell.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top