Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
11/22/2017 10:05:29 PM
Posted: 8/31/2004 10:03:31 AM EST
But this is just too priceless...

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=132x702115

COLD LINK, do NOT hot link.

Some of the DUh inhabitants are already packing their bags to move to Canada.

Sorry to all of you in Canada, but you can have them.

Link Posted: 8/31/2004 10:04:33 AM EST

Originally Posted By Fast351:
But this is just too priceless...

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=132x702115

COLD LINK, do NOT hot link.

Sorry to all of you in Canada, but you can have them.

At least they are not to stupid to read the writing on the wall.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 10:04:46 AM EST

Originally Posted By Fast351:

Toodles!

Link Posted: 8/31/2004 10:10:35 AM EST
Someone pass the tissue to the DU idiots, as the crying has already started. What a bunch of braindead morons.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 10:11:07 AM EST
[Last Edit: 8/31/2004 10:13:19 AM EST by macro]
What is great is watching them begin to argue amongst themselves. The more they deflate, the more the infighting grows

EDITED TO ADD:

This is exactly why liberals arent capable of being leaders...when things get tough, they start pointing their finger at each other trying to evade blame, rather than do what a real leader does and identify ways to deal with the task at hand.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 10:16:53 AM EST
The meltdown at DUh come Election Night is going to be one for the record books.

I for one cannot wait to see it.

I do fully expect that if the GWB wins the Electoral College and loses the popular vote there will be more shrill cries of "We was robbed!" and a calls for the "abolishment of this antiquated and discriminatory system that cheats the people out of their democratic vote!"
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 10:21:27 AM EST
Maybe we should start a "Help a DUer move overseas" program.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 10:22:56 AM EST
when a political party wishes for the economy to be bad, our soldiers to die overseas, millions to be dependant on welfare, how could they possibly win?

My prediction for the future (10-20 years) is that democrats will completely disitegrate and be left as a minor third party like the green party, and that the new two parties will be neo-cons and libertarians.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 10:23:47 AM EST
It's fun to watch them squabble, but don't get complacent. The fat lady is still a couple months away from singing. Remember it all boils down to getting out and voting!
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 10:38:48 AM EST

Originally Posted By samsi:
It's fun to watch them squabble, but don't get complacent. The fat lady is still a couple months away from singing. Remember it all boils down to getting out and voting!

I know, I don't think SgtAR15 is right with 45 states, I think it'll still be close. I mean people with this much money can't be this bad at running a political campaign. Kerry's people must have SOMETHING up their sleeves don't ya think?

Most people I know will be voting Bush. Only one person I know will be voting for Kerry and I'm working on him, but he's been brainwashed I'm afraid. It's going to be a tough sell.

Last weekend we had a conversation like this:

Him: "Bush is doing a horrible job with the economy"

Me: "You have a job, your own house, and are living comfortably, better than you ever have, how can you say that?"

Him: "Well, usually I'm an 'All For Me' type of guy, but the numbers are disturbing"

Me: "What numbers? Like the unemployment rate? Same as 1996 when BC took office the second time. Dow? Over 10,000 last time I checked"

Him: <topic switch> "Bush has poor policies towards alternative energy sources. Our dependance on foreign oil is funding terrorists".

Me: "Our dependance on foreign oil could go away tomorrow, and the terrorists would still find enough money to attempt terrorist strikes. 9/11 only cost about $500K according to the 9/11 report. That's not alot of money. Going after the money is not the solution. Cutting off their safe havens is."

Him: "but but but" ....

You just can't win. And he's a good friend of mine. He just can't see the forest through the trees. *Sigh*

I'm in MN, a now so-called swing state. I'm trying to convince everyone I meet to vote Bush. I'm doing my part.

Link Posted: 8/31/2004 10:41:26 AM EST

Originally Posted By Nuclear:
when a political party wishes for the economy to be bad, our soldiers to die overseas, millions to be dependant on welfare, how could they possibly win?

My prediction for the future (10-20 years) is that democrats will completely disitegrate and be left as a minor third party like the green party, and that the new two parties will be neo-cons and libertarians.

Unlikely. The Libertarians will never be a national party until they dump their platform of legalizing drugs and prostitution and open borders. What is more likely is that the Democratic Party will be retaken by moderates and the liberals will move in and grow the Green Party.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 10:43:34 AM EST
It's a trap! They are willing to endure 4 more years because they want hitlery in 08!
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 10:44:56 AM EST

this is serious, not joking....

we HAVE discussed leaving the country. We've had books mailed to us from various places in Canada -- Newfoundland, Labrador, Nova Scotia. I really dont think I could live in a country where these war mongering, slimy psychopaths are in charge any longer.

But I think when all the shit is cleared, Kerry WILL win.

I'll Tell All of the Stupid Americans Who Supported Bush

that they are going to get what they deserve and were too stupid to wise up about and then say "Have a nice life" and forget about politics forever (and then proceed to drink my life away).

I'm not kidding either.

If Kerry loses, there will never be another real election

so it won't matter who we put up. These fascists have to be stopped NOW!

Link Posted: 8/31/2004 10:48:00 AM EST

Originally Posted By samsi:
The fat lady is still a couple months away from singing. Remember it all boils down to getting out and voting!

It amazes me how quickly liberals give up, "Oh kerry is down 6% I guess I better start packing my bags now"
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 11:18:53 AM EST
From a thread at DU

"I feel sorry for myself. I feel sorry for Howard Dean and his supporters. I hope we understand what we sold our votes out for. Everybody loathes Bush, but it wasn't Bush who sank our battleship. For that, we can thank the USS Kerry. I'm so disgusted that I don't know why I popped onto this site--and I don't want to be a bad influence, so I guess I'll take my sore head and go back where I came from. Misery loves company, I guess. But I close with what I now truly believe in my gut: that Kerry is a loser. A McGovern-Mondale-Dukakis type loser, who will take 11 or 12 states tops--and CA won't be one of them. I hope I'm wrong, but...whatever. Kerry will get my vote. Carry on folks. "
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 11:23:36 AM EST
Somebody grab those screen names, so we can go back in February and ask all the "I'll leave" people what the hell they're doing in the country. I bet we could move anybody in the US to either border with each arfcommer making no more than a 1000 mile round trip to his own state line.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 11:24:43 AM EST

ellie (890 posts) Tue Aug-31-04 04:14 PM
Response to Original message

41. I'm going to move out of the country

I am not sure where I am going to go yet. But if smirky wins, I have had enough. I don't want my tax money going to fund wars of aggression or to destroying the environment, and if the majority of people in this country do, then I don't belong here.

Link Posted: 8/31/2004 11:25:55 AM EST
[AlecBaldwin]I'm leaving this country forever!!!! I'm pretty effin serious too!!![/AlecBaldwin]

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Link Posted: 8/31/2004 11:30:40 AM EST
I would really like to see all of them have a "I hate Bush so much I'll hurt myself!" contest.
"I hate Bush so much, I'm gonna cut off my ear!"
"Awwww! That's so Resevoire Doggish! I'm gonna castrate myself with a butter knife!"
"OH yeah! I really hate Bush. In fact, I hate him so much, I'm gonna marry Tarezha Heinz!"
"Oh shit! I can't top that!"
"Me neither! You must really hate him! Why don't you run for president!"

Bilster
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 11:31:43 AM EST
The perennial threats promises to move to Canada from DU. Same shit, different day.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 11:32:54 AM EST
To Hitlery, I say, "BRING IT ON!" She has as much chance of winning as Kerry.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 11:35:15 AM EST
None of them has the balls to move but I'd love to get rid of a few of them.

_ BG
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 11:46:06 AM EST
As we say down here in Mississippi ...

Let 'em carry thier ass on ...... (to Canada)
Top Top