Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/8/2006 4:07:45 PM EDT
I went out to pick up some pizza and to let my wife pick out some wine. I had just sat down in my truck and a really weird-looking rabbit was coming down the driveway. I pointed at it and told my wife to look... she saw it, too, so I know I'm not imagining things. It's most definitely NOT a hullabalution.

I know most rabbits are grey. This one was white with black patches, like a cow.

If I see it again I'll try to get a picture of it.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 4:11:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Someone's pet got loose
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 4:12:59 PM EDT
[#2]

Use the holy hand granade.

Only way to be sure.

Link Posted: 3/8/2006 4:13:49 PM EDT
[#3]
glitch in the matrix. you need to get unplugged my friend
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 4:14:43 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I went out to pick up some pizza and to let my wife pick out some wine. I had just sat down in my truck and a really weird-looking rabbit was coming down the driveway. I pointed at it and told my wife to look... she saw it, too, so I know I'm not imagining things. It's most definitely NOT a hullabalution.

I know most rabbits are grey. This one was white with black patches, like a cow.

Have you never been to a pet store? Lots of rabbits look like that. Probably a loose pet.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 4:18:34 PM EDT
[#5]
DAMN YOU!
You let dinner get away!
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 4:21:32 PM EDT
[#6]
That's a good bet. It's a matter of time before it gets run over in the street or falls victim to a predator.

It really caught me off guard to see it coming down the driveway.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 4:22:11 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
DAMN YOU!
You let dinner get away!

NO! We had already ordered the pizza!
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 4:23:01 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Only way to be sure.

what is the count?
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 4:23:08 PM EDT
[#9]
i bet it's tasty, i dont care what color it is
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 4:23:35 PM EDT
[#10]
You looked pretty weird, yourself.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 4:26:03 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Only way to be sure.

what is the count?

Three shall be the number of the counting and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither shalt thou count two, excepting that thou then proceedeth to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the number of the counting, be reached, then lobbest thou the Holy Hand Grenade in the direction of thine foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 4:26:42 PM EDT
[#12]
HINT: They're all meat colored inside.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 4:27:36 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Only way to be sure.

what is the count?

Three shall be the number of the counting and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither shalt thou count two, excepting that thou then proceedeth to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the number of the counting, be reached, then lobbest thou the Holy Hand Grenade in the direction of thine foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it

alright then, one ....two....four
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 4:28:14 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Only way to be sure.

what is the count?

right then!  one..... two.....
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 4:28:17 PM EDT
[#15]
IT'S COMING RIGHT AT US!
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 4:30:05 PM EDT
[#16]
It'll die within the month.
Domestic rabbits don't do well
fending for themselves.
Been there.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 4:30:24 PM EDT
[#17]
Agree it's someone's pet.

I had one hanging around my junky place up in Maine a couple years ago.  Had no survival sense.  I'd look out the front window at 1am and it'd be out there in the open muching on grass.

Link Posted: 3/8/2006 4:31:45 PM EDT
[#18]
Has anyone seen my rabbit?
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 4:34:53 PM EDT
[#19]
 Dupe post.....deleted.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 4:55:43 PM EDT
[#20]
It is a Pooka.

Link Posted: 3/8/2006 5:02:18 PM EDT
[#21]
Were you listening to Grace Slick:

One pill makes you larger and
One pill makes you small and
The ones that Mother gives you
Don't do anything at all..........................
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 5:11:19 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Only way to be sure.

+1.....then run away, run away.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 9:11:06 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Were you listening to Grace Slick:

One pill makes you larger and
One pill makes you small and
The ones that Mother gives you
Don't do anything at all..........................

Ahh, those were the days! I think I saw J.A. once at the Hollywood Palladium, but my memory is a little bit fuzzy... or maybe it was Hot Tuna.

Wook! Wabbit twacks!
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 2:25:52 PM EDT
[#24]
Nice little domestic pet bunny got loose.  You might try trapping it in a cage;  it probably won't survive long unless you do.  You can take it to the House Rabbit Society if you have a chapter in your area.  They're a nationwide rabbit rescue group.

www.rabbit.org

Did it look anything like this?

In Redmond, WA, a mile or two from the Microsoft HQ, someone let a domestic rabbit loose, and it somehow managed to survive, interbred with the wild rabbits, and produced a large herd of cute fluffy black and white bunnies.  A few were a really weird mix of brown and white, or brown and black -- just one of the two main marking colors had gotten overwritten with the wild rabbits' brown fur genes.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 2:27:55 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

If it was wearing a tophat you may want to leave the mushrooms off the pizza.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 2:40:46 PM EDT
[#26]
That's no ordinary rrrrrabbit

Link Posted: 3/9/2006 2:57:30 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
Nice little domestic pet bunny got loose.  You might try trapping it in a cage;  it probably won't survive long unless you do.  You can take it to the House Rabbit Society if you have a chapter in your area.  They're a nationwide rabbit rescue group.

www.rabbit.org

i12.photobucket.com/albums/a222/chelsea1991/Rabbits009.jpg

In Redmond, WA, a mile or two from the Microsoft HQ, someone let a domestic rabbit loose, and it somehow managed to survive, interbred with the wild rabbits, and produced a large herd of cute fluffy black and white bunnies.  A few were a really weird mix of brown and white, or brown and black -- just one of the two main marking colors had gotten overwritten with the wild rabbits' brown fur genes.

Yes, it did look like that.

My wife says it's been around since November. I guess she didn't see the need to tell me. It just surprised the Heck out of me when I saw it... it was almost surreal.

And, NO, it had nothing to do with the mushrooms on the pizza... LMFAO
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 3:48:30 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:
i12.photobucket.com/albums/a222/chelsea1991/Rabbits009.jpg

Yes, it did look like that.

My wife says it's been around since November. I guess she didn't see the need to tell me. It just surprised the Heck out of me when I saw it... it was almost surreal.

And, NO, it had nothing to do with the mushrooms on the pizza... LMFAO

Wow, four or five months, and in winter, too.  Well, maybe it learned enough to live.  It'd still probably enjoy being given a good home again, though.

Mine wouldn't survive five minutes if I let her loose.  Taiwan has a huge abandoned pet problem, especially with dogs and cats;  rabbits don't stand a chance with all the hungry dogs out there.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 3:49:56 PM EDT
[#29]
I went out for a walk at 3am, and 2 rabbits that were about knee high and really fat with spots came up to me from under a car and stared me down.  They then went under a fence and vanished.  It was a spiritual experience.  
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 3:52:05 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

If it was wearing a tophat you may want to leave the mushrooms off the pizza.

I would say he all ready ate the shrooms.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 3:54:22 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 3:55:33 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
www.gowestusa.org/jackalope.JPG

I swear that I saw one of those in Wyoming.  Damn jackalopes.  
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 2:29:55 PM EDT
[#33]
I just saw that same weird rabbit again... this time I got PICS!

My 10 year old saw it run behind the tree... I got my camera and saw it behind the garage:

He was chasing a "regular" kind of rabbit... you can see the other one in this close-up:

They ran back through the swamp... I wanted a better picture, so I followed them to a grassier area:

Yep... looks like we're gonna have a LOT of weird bunnies running around here now.

(I wonder if that was the Easter Bunny... ???)
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 2:34:12 PM EDT
[#34]
Thats a pet that got out.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 2:35:40 PM EDT
[#35]
That's soon to be owl food.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 2:42:11 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
That's soon to be owl food.

Could be; I can hear the owls out back. Thing is, my kids say this rabbit has been around since November. I thought he'd be dead by now.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 2:49:59 PM EDT
[#37]

Looks like a cute bunny.  Do your kids want a pet?

You could set up a (live) trap...
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 2:56:06 PM EDT
[#38]
Screw the rabbit man, somebody fucked up your truck!
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 3:09:45 PM EDT
[#39]
It's probably late for a very important date
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 3:19:12 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
Screw the rabbit man, somebody fucked up your truck!

Quoted:
That's no ordinary rrrrrabbit

Link Posted: 4/5/2006 5:19:59 PM EDT
[#41]
Hey is that one of those new Ford hybrid trucks?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top