Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 8/15/2005 1:29:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/17/2005 3:37:16 PM EDT by 1shott]
By switching to State Farm.....

My current insuarnce is with Farmers Group...every 6 months my premium is $500...Full coverage, 30-60-25 with $500 deductable, no ticketts, claims or accidents.

State Farm qouted me $380 every 6 months for 50-100-50 and a $500 deductable.

Homeowners insurance, she turned in a roof inspection should be done in about a week,

Farmers: $1200 every 12 months, $500 deductable, no claims.

State Farm: $780 every 12 months, $700 deductable.

Good bye farmers, Hello State Farm.

as a side note, I have been with Farmers since 1988. never filed a claim.

UPDATE 8/17/05

Well yesterday 8/16/05 I stopped off at a local State Farm agents aoffice, and signed up for a new policy for my truck, saved me $300 a year over farmers.

Today 8/17/05 the State Farm agent showed up at my house as I was mowing the yard, she said HI, I need to take a few pictures fo your place, and to inform you that we are going to insure your house and property, and to Welcome you to the State Farm family.

That jesture alone will go far with me. That is something my farmers agent never did, heck I had a hell of a time getting him to return my calls.

They are going to save me roughly $600 a year on my home owners insurance. So between that and my auto policy, I am saving about $900 a year, sweet......

Link Posted: 8/15/2005 1:30:21 PM EDT
It pays to shop around.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 1:33:23 PM EDT
Do they have jeep roof coverage? Some dillhole cut off my last one.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 1:33:40 PM EDT
um, I was under the impression that Farmers was the parent company to state farm
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 1:34:00 PM EDT

Originally Posted By photokirk:

I'm sure you had it coming.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 1:35:24 PM EDT
I switched 6-8 months ago from my agent who represents numerous companies. Never had a claim, Hartford jacked me pretty good. When I switched, the agent said, "I wish you had told me, I have a company that could have beat the Hartford."

Me to agent, "So what is it that YOU do?" Still getting raped IMHO, just not as hard.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 1:35:42 PM EDT
I'm with USAA. for Veterans and children of Veterans. They haven't been beat when it comes to car insurance and service.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 1:36:35 PM EDT
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 1:36:48 PM EDT
Now you'll have more money for guns and ammo!
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 1:37:48 PM EDT
Interesting.......I had heard State Farm stopped writing home owner policies a while back. Sounds like that is no longer true?

I have State Farm for 6 vehicles and my house. I can't beat their rates, and I cannot insure everything I own with a single agency.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 1:39:49 PM EDT

Farmers will cover it.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 1:39:58 PM EDT
In the WalMart Parking lot?

Link Posted: 8/15/2005 1:45:55 PM EDT

Originally Posted By deej86:
In the WalMart Parking lot?

Was it raining?
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 1:52:35 PM EDT

Originally Posted By mcnielsen:
I'm with USAA. for Veterans and children of Veterans. They haven't been beat when it comes to car insurance and service.

I switched from USAA to Allstate.

I had stuck with USAA when they balked at paying my then-girlfriend's ambulance trip after a deer-car induced rollover accident. I stuck with them for the nine months it took to get them to pay, including over ten hours on the phone over the course of the last four months trying to get them to pay or at least explain why they hadn't paid. In the end, with the ambulance service company having set a deadline for payment or they would send my girlfriend to collections, I let USAA know that we were going to contact an attorney to see if the attorney could find out why the claim hadn't been paid yet. It was finally paid, but only after extreme pressure was applied.

I tried to stick with USAA when we were buying a home. I contacted them about getting an insurance quote, they sent a questionnaire, I filled it out, I never heard back from them. I contacted them over and over again, to no avail. They finally said they had questions about the knob-and-tube wiring (which, by the inspector's report, was non-functional--it had been bypassed by modern wiring) and the roof (which, by inspector's report, had more than ten years left).

Allstate, with our inspectors report and a drive-by inspection, gave us a quote and we closed on our house. USAA, currently three and a half years after I made the request, still hasn't sent us an estimate.

Guess who has had our insurance (home and auto) business since then?

Jim
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 1:57:40 PM EDT
I've got Geico, not sure about the rates but it's really cheap for me.

Link Posted: 8/15/2005 2:18:38 PM EDT

I pay about $600 less a year w/ Progressive than what USAA quoted me.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 3:49:30 PM EDT
I avoid Geico like the plauge. They support gun control.

My car insurance is with Farmer's, and once I get pictures of all my stuff, my renter's insurance will be, too.

While I was living in California, I had State Farm on my 1968 VW. Just liability was $42 a month. I was with them for 6 years, but I turned it off when I parked the VW.

I'll add the bug to my Farmer's when I get it fixed up a bit. It has......issues at the moment.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 3:55:50 PM EDT
"Yeah, BABY!"

..."YOU CAN DO ITTTT!"

HH
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 3:58:46 PM EDT

Originally Posted By wildearp:
Interesting.......I had heard State Farm stopped writing home owner policies a while back. Sounds like that is no longer true?

A couple years ago they got very tight with their policies and told me they wouldn't cover me. Last week I asked for a quote and they gave me one. So they must have let up on their restrictions.

State Farm is the lowest company by far for my vehicle insurance but for home owners they are about twice as much as what I pay now.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 6:17:58 AM EDT
Talk to an insurance broker. I saved about 26% by swtiching from Allstate to some company called Safeco. I never even heard of them until my broker ran me some quotes.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 6:23:13 AM EDT
Too bad Greywolf2112 doesn't sell insurance anymore.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 6:36:02 AM EDT

Originally Posted By KS_Physicist:

I switched from USAA to Allstate.

I had stuck with USAA when they balked at paying my then-girlfriend's ambulance trip after a deer-car induced rollover accident. I stuck with them for the nine months it took to get them to pay, including over ten hours on the phone over the course of the last four months trying to get them to pay or at least explain why they hadn't paid. In the end, with the ambulance service company having set a deadline for payment or they would send my girlfriend to collections, I let USAA know that we were going to contact an attorney to see if the attorney could find out why the claim hadn't been paid yet. It was finally paid, but only after extreme pressure was applied.

I tried to stick with USAA when we were buying a home. I contacted them about getting an insurance quote, they sent a questionnaire, I filled it out, I never heard back from them. I contacted them over and over again, to no avail. They finally said they had questions about the knob-and-tube wiring (which, by the inspector's report, was non-functional--it had been bypassed by modern wiring) and the roof (which, by inspector's report, had more than ten years left).

Allstate, with our inspectors report and a drive-by inspection, gave us a quote and we closed on our house. USAA, currently three and a half years after I made the request, still hasn't sent us an estimate.

Guess who has had our insurance (home and auto) business since then?

Jim

True enough, Jim. Home owners coverage has been going up and up w/USAA. Sorry to hear about your service, though. I have always had good experiences with that.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 6:37:19 AM EDT
My parents have AAA for auto insurance. Saved my dad a bundle.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 9:13:16 AM EDT
I also had bad luck with USAA. The story is already out there for the seach funciton to find so I will just recap. USAA had been very good to my dad startin in the late 60's and me when I went in. They had great service even with a few claims my dad had in the 80's. By the time I got my own policy in 1989 for auto they were the best thing since sliced bread. I got renter's and later homeowners coverage through them up until about 2000 or 2001. The last couple years it went to hell. By that time USAA had downsized the work force, increased the member base by letting in senior NCO's (not a bad thing by itself) and had almost 10 years of higher than average catastrophy losses ( begining with andrew in that early 90's) With that track record I understand that the late 90's ice and hail stroms here in KS had them wanting out of the market or at least shrinking their risk base here. Lots of non-renewals and the claims that were paid were fought tooth and nail.

We switched to American Family and they have consistantly beaten USAA's quotes for Homeowners, auto and such for several years. Your milage in other parts of the contry will certainly vary.

[sorry the spell check won't work when I post form work as it blocks the server - errors are mine]
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 9:14:16 AM EDT
USAA!
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 9:15:27 AM EDT

Actually they do----happened to me in '81.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 9:26:49 AM EDT

Shouldn't be ramming carts into other peoples rides, man.

Link Posted: 8/16/2005 9:28:39 AM EDT

Originally Posted By LaBelleRebel:

Shouldn't be ramming carts into other peoples rides, man.

+1.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 3:37:31 PM EDT
BTT for update.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 12:23:43 PM EDT
My current car insurance company is getting out of Florida. I got a cancellation notice about two months ago. You can't start shopping for insurance right away. The rates they quote won't be the same when you actually buy.

Now I'm shopping for insurance. This really sucks. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ I've got a little less than one month to find a company.

I usually shop every two to three years and see if I can beat my current rates.

Colt_SBR
Top Top