Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/5/2003 8:01:09 AM EDT
[img]http://www3.mailordercentral.com/shootingstore/images/STI10509.JPG[/img]
THE EDGE "TO GAIN ADVANTAGE..."

Limited? Well, maybe...

Since its introduction in late 1997, the STI Edge has become the undisputed standard for USPSA/IPSC Limited Division competition shooting as demonstrated by Michael Voigt and Frank Garcia finishing one/two as they led the US IPSC Limited Team to victory at World Shoot XII. It has been adopted by SWAT teams, HRT teams, street cops, and law enforcement training sites. It has been embraced by almost all other shooting disciplines

[img]http://www.dawsonprecision.com/pageimages/toybox/toybox1/fp_stiedge.jpg[/img]

Behold my new IPSC gun. They said it could be 8 weeks [:(]. Its the most I have ever paid for a single firearm and it's not even a AR. I feel a little torn.

Link Posted: 6/5/2003 8:02:55 AM EDT
[#1]
that's not BLING BLING.

wid'out gold you just a scrub.
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 8:06:16 AM EDT
[#2]
Congrats! That is one hellova IPSC iron. How much did you suffer I dare to ask?

MN
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 8:08:58 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Congrats! That is one hellova IPSC iron. How much did you suffer I dare to ask?

MN
View Quote

$1775.00 [shock] How crazy is thats .....it is killing me.
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 8:12:51 AM EDT
[#4]
Is it platinum? Gold is just Bling, Platinum is Bling Bling!
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 8:12:55 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 8:24:25 AM EDT
[#6]
Employer has the normal blued model and a shooting friend got the hard chrome version recently from us.

Worth the price, period.

Link Posted: 6/5/2003 8:27:40 AM EDT
[#7]
I want an STI so bad I can taste it!  

But I still haven't been able to justify the price tag to myself yet.  I'm sure I'll talk myself into one some day...
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 9:32:30 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Is it platinum? Gold is just Bling, Platinum is Bling Bling!
View Quote

I'm still working with shiny stuff and calling it Bling bling.

I'm more of a flat black type of guy. Dirt brown and flat black =good. Shiny and glossy = bad.  I guess I will learn to love the glare.

Quoted:
I want an STI so bad I can taste it!  

But I still haven't been able to justify the price tag to myself yet.  I'm sure I'll talk myself into one some day...
View Quote

How much talking can it take from I guy with Avitar pic like your.

I am still working on talking myself in to a class 3. M16 or HK sear pack ......dammmmmmm dammmmm
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 10:01:43 AM EDT
[#9]
u-baddog
You are going to love that gun. I just had mine reworked by EGW and my open gun is a SV. Love them both. I'm selling my Para that I started with since the SV and STI are setup the same and I don't have to have 2 rigs or adjust for each gun.
By the way where do you shoot at?
I don't get down for the local matches, but will be at the Summer Blast on the 12th-13th and 14th.
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 10:07:35 AM EDT
[#10]
Beautiful.
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 10:16:08 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
How much talking can it take from I guy with Avitar pic like your.

I am still working on talking myself in to a class 3. M16 or HK sear pack ......dammmmmmm dammmmm
View Quote

Hell, that pic is just an optical illusion.  Notice the selector is on 'single,' that's because I don't have a happy switch yet.  It's just an SBR with a Navy housing.

I do kick myself for not talking myself into the sear several years ago, back when the prices were 'reasonable.'
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 10:24:34 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
u-baddog
You are going to love that gun. I just had mine reworked by EGW and my open gun is a SV. Love them both. I'm selling my Para that I started with since the SV and STI are setup the same and I don't have to have 2 rigs or adjust for each gun.
By the way where do you shoot at?
I don't get down for the local matches, but will be at the Summer Blast on the 12th-13th and 14th.
View Quote

The guns worked by Dave Dawson. He works with Todd Jarrett who is a memeber of our club and a instuctor down at Blackwater.

This is were we hold our matches. It is the best place I have ever shot. More bays than you need. It a play ground for shooting. If it looks like its going rain we can use he shoot houses. We have a urban range complete with a paved street and cars.[url]http://blackwateripsc.com/frames.html[/url]

[img]http://blackwaterusa.com/new/images/overhead.jpg[/img]

I also shoot at black Creek outside of Richmond VA also.

Summer Blast ??? were, when
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 10:41:12 AM EDT
[#13]
2003 Summer Blast, June 12-14 at Fredericksburg rod and gun club. It is a Major IPSC match. Larry Houch runs it. Unfortunately they are full up already. This is the 3rd year for this match. It benifits the Fredericksburg FOP.
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 10:46:47 AM EDT
[#14]
STI's are the best.
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 11:13:37 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
2003 Summer Blast, June 12-14 at Fredericksburg rod and gun club. It is a Major IPSC match. Larry Houch runs it. Unfortunately they are full up already. This is the 3rd year for this match. It benifits the Fredericksburg FOP.
View Quote

I have tried to get up to Frederickburg a couple of time, something always comes up. Last time was the God daughters 4 year birthday at Chucky cheeses, oh joy.
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 12:26:07 PM EDT
[#16]
Very nice!
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 12:34:41 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Thank you for distributing your wealth to the Central Texas area.
(STI is in Georgetown, Tx)
View Quote

Anything to help our neighbor to the north.

Central Texas is that part of Mexico yet ?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top