Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/1/2001 6:04:50 AM EDT
Probably a lot of you have had more and more sheeple coming to you with questions such as; "should I buy a gun", How do I know if / make water safe to drink", "do I need a generator", etc. Today, at the office there seemed to be a great interest in gas masks. In an effort to inject a little reason into the conversations I passed around a binder filled with news articles and mil. manuals re:NBC warfare that I've been collecting for years. I then pointed out that the simple possession of a gas mask protects you from NOTHING. You have to know it will work (why was it surplused to begin with?) you have to know HOW to use it, you have to carry it with you at all times, you have to know WHEN to "dawn" your mask, what other protective equip. will you have to use with it, etc. I think I brought people back into the reality of the situation when the office BDSM (Big Dumb Soccer Mom) who had been agreeing with me (which, by the way, was NOT comforting) blurted out that "besides, if there were any real danger of a "gas attack", "THE GOVERNMENT WOULD ISSUE GAS MASKS TO THE POPULATION". Now, I really am scared!
Link Posted: 10/1/2001 6:15:48 AM EDT
[#1]
Isn't that what government is for?  To take care of us citizens.... Now I can go on with my daily life, without out having to worry about that nasty old 'personal responsibility'

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top