Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
1/25/2018 7:38:29 AM
Posted: 8/1/2002 8:57:33 PM EST
[Last Edit: 8/1/2002 9:09:35 PM EST by The_Emu]
I finally got sick of ER. In tonights (rerun) episode a little girl shoots her father 5 times because he wouldn't let her watch TV. Last weekend I saw one where a "weapons merchant" got hurt and had to go to the hospital. while there his wife tried to sell a grenade launcher to one of the staff. wouldn't you know its loaded (with HE) and goes off in the hospital, the round go out the front door, blowing up the gun dealers truck which blows up and cooks off all the ammo in the truck. the cooked off rounds the shoot up an ambulance and the ER. What a bunch of hollywood crap. Ben eddited because "of" and "off" don't mean the same thing.
Link Posted: 8/1/2002 9:02:42 PM EST
Last night I listened to a discussion forum on NPR that featured various Hollywood writers. They were all complaining that Hollywood was too "corporate" and "conservative". They felt constricted and stifled, so they claimed to have "disguised" their message in the plot. Huh? The only truly enjoyable segment of that broadcast was when the African-American commentator chided the panel for not being "diverse" enough in regards to the integration of black characters into mainstream media.
Link Posted: 8/1/2002 9:05:36 PM EST
Where was a season finale I watched almost a year ago. Some guy was shooting up a bunch of people, then a guy with a CCW came in and took the guy out, saving a bunch of lifes. In the process he got shot too, but not that bad. He went into the ER, and Dr. Carter made all kinds of anti-gun sarcastic comments like "yeah, we should arm the whole city", etc etc. The whole thing blamed the gun. I've never watched since, and never well. Boston Public is the same way. You hear about when a teacher on that show preached to his students and gun owners, NRA members specifically said that we were all a bunch of incest bread hicks who want to shoot everything up? (paradon my paraphrase, but you get my dirft- yeah, they said that)
Link Posted: 8/1/2002 9:16:37 PM EST
[Last Edit: 8/1/2002 9:17:03 PM EST by M4_Aiming_at_U]
When the hell is the earth going to swallow CA all togehter? Im sorry for saying that to all the CA members here. but damn,is this the root of all anti crap or what?
Link Posted: 8/1/2002 9:19:57 PM EST
Link Posted: 8/1/2002 9:35:51 PM EST
i urinate on ER. screw that show and its freaky ass lesbo plotlines. law and order had a show where the hero lawyer (dont care enough to know his name) that seems to be the main charicter we trying to get criminal charges on a gun maker who made a pistol that was converted to F/A and used in a rampage. the pistol had a fake name, but looked like a LINDA pistol i think. in the show he lost the case, but that still isnt redeeming. i wish the guy with the full auto LINDA would walk into er....
Link Posted: 8/1/2002 9:39:19 PM EST
Have to agree, ER has had several episodes where firearms have been blamed for violence and gun owners slammed as bad guys, ALL OF US! Another show that loves to show anti-gun bias is Law & Order. Problem is after a while the make us responsible gun owners feel like we need to hide the fact we are gun owners like it is a social problem. That is the Anti's best efforts working. Off my soapbox now, BillSP1
Link Posted: 8/1/2002 9:44:10 PM EST
Did I mention that the ER writers are also anti-Motorcycle? Bastards
Link Posted: 8/1/2002 9:48:47 PM EST
Your right! I mean when your right your right and you are. You could not be more right if you gave it your very best try for a long long time! Of and off don't mean the same thing.
Link Posted: 8/1/2002 10:45:38 PM EST
Again, the best and only use for a TV nowadays is as a live fire target. Do you REALLY expect anything other than statist propaganda in dramas and sitcoms? That's the WHOLE POINT of TV today: keep 'em dazed and dumbed down. Why do you think the Fuds never follow-up on their threats to crack down on Hollyweird? 'Nuff said. Your time is better spent shooting, doing physical training, hiking, learning new skills and networking with like-minded indivduals. Very soon here we will all face the choice of either action or submission. Make sure that if you choose action you've been training in the real world, not watching HEAT for the 117th time.
Link Posted: 8/1/2002 11:19:38 PM EST
Originally Posted By mattsd: i urinate on ER. screw that show and its freaky ass lesbo plotlines. law and order had a show where the hero lawyer (dont care enough to know his name) that seems to be the main charicter we trying to get criminal charges on a gun maker who made a pistol that was converted to F/A and used in a rampage. the pistol had a fake name, but looked like a LINDA pistol i think. in the show he lost the case, but that still isnt redeeming. i wish the guy with the full auto LINDA would walk into er....
View Quote
Actually, the DA won that case against the gun maker, but the judge decided he wouldn't let it stand as it was a dangerous precident and threw it out. They named the gun in the episode a "Raulf-9" I believe. Don't remember what it looked like, seems like it was kinda MAC10-ish though. ER is total crap, at least Law & Order is fairly decent most of the time.
Link Posted: 8/1/2002 11:30:49 PM EST
Link Posted: 8/1/2002 11:52:17 PM EST
I wasn't sure it was possible for that show to get worse, but based on what I've heard here over the years, it has. The details that Emu sketched out are fantastic indeed and show a pattern of vicious propaganda.
Link Posted: 8/2/2002 1:00:09 AM EST
you can blame Kalif and hollywood for this crap, but that blame is partially mis-guided. a LOT of shows are made in canada eh, less are made in kalif, also if you were to blow kalif and canada off the map the shows would still exist .......WHY??? BECAUSE THERE IS A SHITLOAD OF STUPID PEOPLE IN THIS COUNTRY WHO ARE DUMB TO ACTUALLY WATCH AND ENJOY THESE BULLSHIT SHOWS. get rid of these morons and the shows will cease to exist.
Link Posted: 8/2/2002 1:07:42 AM EST
Link Posted: 8/2/2002 2:40:38 AM EST
I've only watched the show once or twice, and didn't pay much attention. Kind of a shame they don't show the reality of the Cook Co. ER--things like patients always stacked up in the hallways outside the treatment room, all the wheelchairs missing, less than a quarter the space for four times the people wandering around (and that's just the staff), ordering tests, and having the patient wait for 24 hours before they finally give up on getting it done and transfering him to the wards. And that's just the stuff I've seen in one week at CCH. Oh, yeah, let's not forget to mention that you have to be very careful where you step in the whole hospital as there is always a pile of vomit or fecal material somewhere nearby. AFARR
Link Posted: 8/2/2002 2:59:38 AM EST
Good call, AFARR. My sister used to live in Chi-town. That hospital is a hole! Oh and as for So-Kal? TOOL said it best in their song Enema. "...I sure could use a vacation from this bull$h*t three ring circus sideshow of freaks here in this hopeless f*cking hole we call LA The only way to fix it is to flush it all away. Any f*cking time. Any f*cking day. Learn to swim, I'll see you down in Arizona bay."
Link Posted: 8/2/2002 6:42:26 AM EST
Originally Posted By Kaiser_Soze: Do you REALLY expect anything other than statist propaganda in dramas and sitcoms? That's the WHOLE POINT of TV today: keep 'em dazed and dumbed down
View Quote
Not if you watch farscape (plug for a great show) It's set in deep outer space, one lost human (John Chricton) with a bunch of aliens on a ship. From last week's episode: Old woman with three eyes: "You're a warrior" John Chricton: "No I'm not." Old Woman: "You carry a weapon" John Chricton (Pats his holstered pulse pistol nicknamed 'winona'): "2nd Amendment." Of course, the old alien woman has no idea of what the constitution is, but the usual john chricton flippant remark has a lot of meaning to the audience. LMAO when I heard that. The show has never done anything to portray weapons as anything less than necessary tools to preserve lives. Heck, it even had an episode where one of the characters was kiling off the enemy with artillery and mentioned that he forgot to compensate for windage! Good shows are out there, you just have to find them.
Link Posted: 8/2/2002 10:53:07 AM EST
has anybody seen the one ER where the doctor (he was "gilbert" in revenge of the nerds) gets mugged at gun point & i believe got shot in the leg or something. he's then all freaked out and get's a gun. he's then confronted by 3 thugs on the mover. they harass him and right before robbing the doctor, he whips out his sig at the assailants. after they run away, he's at a bridge all upset. because the gun saved his ass, he gives it a good look and throws it in the river. what a weak message.
Link Posted: 8/2/2002 11:08:59 AM EST
ER? Law and Order? Never watched an episode. I have better things to do. Like clean my guns. [:D]
Link Posted: 8/2/2002 2:30:03 PM EST
[Last Edit: 8/2/2002 2:31:38 PM EST by KBaker]
Originally Posted By bastiat: Not if you watch farscape (plug for a great show) It's set in deep outer space, one lost human (John Chricton) with a bunch of aliens on a ship. From last week's episode: Old woman with three eyes: "You're a warrior" John Chricton: "No I'm not." Old Woman: "You carry a weapon" John Chricton (Pats his holstered pulse pistol nicknamed 'winona'): "2nd Amendment." Of course, the old alien woman has no idea of what the constitution is, but the usual john chricton flippant remark has a lot of meaning to the audience. LMAO when I heard that. The show has never done anything to portray weapons as anything less than necessary tools to preserve lives. Heck, it even had an episode where one of the characters was kiling off the enemy with artillery and mentioned that he forgot to compensate for windage! Good shows are out there, you just have to find them.
View Quote
I missed that one! Damn! I freaking LOVE Farscape. John Chricton RULES! Remember when he was captured and was being interrogated. He called the alien chick "Frau Blucher." I damned near fell off the couch laughing. Damn, that's well written, and well acted. Oh, another one: D'Argo is about to fire the main weapon of his ship and says "I've never told anyone this, but I LOVE to shoot things. I'm really good at it!"
Link Posted: 8/2/2002 2:43:33 PM EST
Man, you missed a fun one. It was a mix of don quixote (it was actually called 'john quixote')and monty python and the holy grail - rygel was the black knight... Farscape is great for one liners that have no meaning to anyone but john chricton and the audience. I also love "Freeze - or I'll fill you full of...little yellow bolts of light!" from the premiere episode. For those that don't watch it, DVD's of the first season are available to get you up to speed. And it's on tonight at 10 eastern / 9 central (scifi channel). This show rocks. No liberalism, just action, suspense, comedy, and more. Plus no extended 'star trek' type soliloquies - all the dialog is something you'd hear normal people say. If they were stranded in space. And some of them were aliens. With giant tongues that can snap you upside the head and leave you unconscious...you get the point. BTW, a diablo type farscape game should be out later this year...guess I really do need to upgrade the ole' pc!
Link Posted: 8/2/2002 2:47:39 PM EST
You've taken the first step on the road to recovery. Remember, one day at a time.
Top Top