Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/1/2002 6:44:52 AM EDT
I don't visit the GD often but this I just could not resist posting:

ANOTHER JOKE I RECEIVED:
Subject:Doctors
a. The number of physicians in the US is 700,000.
b. Accidental deaths caused by Physicians per year is 120,000.
c. Accidental deaths per physician is 0.171. (US Dept. of Health & Human Services) Then think about this:
a. The number of gun owners in the US is 80,000,000.
b. The number of accidental gun deaths per year (all age groups) is 1,500.
c. The number of accidental deaths per gun owner is .0000188.
Statistically, doctors are approximately 9,000 times more dangerous than gun owners.
FACT: NOT EVERYONE HAS A GUN, BUT ALMOST EVERYONE HAS AT LEAST ONE DOCTOR.
Please alert your friends to this alarming threat. We must ban doctors before this gets out of hand. As a public health measure I have withheld the statistics on lawyers for fear that the shock could cause people to seek medical attention.

[beer][beer][beer][beer][beer][beer]

Link Posted: 8/1/2002 6:46:35 AM EDT
[#1]
You know, I see this all the time, but one thing no one addresses is this, aren't we all supposed to die eventually?  Many times, when a patient dies, it is blamed on the physician, but in reality, their lungs gave out, their heart stopped ticking or their brain ceased sending signals.

We are mortal after all.
Link Posted: 8/1/2002 6:52:35 AM EDT
[#2]
I would like to know exactly how the number of "Accidental deaths" is determined. I would be willing to bet that the actual number of doctor caused death's is a LOT higher.
Link Posted: 8/1/2002 6:52:59 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/1/2002 6:56:57 AM EDT
[#4]
as I understand it, that is NOT a joke.  

I guess it's what society considers an 'acceptable risk'

The sheeple see the good doctors do, but the bad things are obscured, and rarely ever mentioned.  It's just the opposite with guns.  They save far more lives than they take, but the sheeple never hear about it.  Dumb sheeple.

Link Posted: 8/1/2002 6:59:26 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I would like to know exactly how the number of "Accidental deaths" is determined. I would be willing to bet that the actual number of doctor caused death's is a LOT higher.
View Quote
agreed, they are not known for volunteering this information
Link Posted: 8/1/2002 7:13:17 AM EDT
[#6]
"Well, nurse, looks like I killed another one.  Better write that up and send it in!"

And from [url=www.despair.com]Despair.com[/url]:  "That which does not kill me postpones the inevitable."  [:)]
Link Posted: 8/1/2002 7:16:14 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
You know, I see this all the time, but one thing no one addresses is this, aren't we all supposed to die eventually?  Many times, when a patient dies, it is blamed on the physician, but in reality, their lungs gave out, their heart stopped ticking or their brain ceased sending signals.

We are mortal after all.
View Quote

I thought that when the lungs gave out or the heart stopped at someone else's hand it was murder or manslaughter.  [:O] Just adding a twist to it!   [:D]
Link Posted: 8/1/2002 7:20:07 AM EDT
[#8]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top