Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/17/2009 2:23:14 PM EDT
Today was my first Brazilian Jujitsu class.  Its one thing to be working on getting back into the right size clothes and it's a whole different story  to get into shape.  I gotta tell ya, it was unbelievably fun.  The instructor was hilarious and patient.  And totally landed my ass.  I am sore already and I'm excited to practice what I learned with my little brother.  

(who knew getting your butt kicked would be so much fun!?!?!)
Link Posted: 10/17/2009 9:14:45 PM EDT
[#1]
I know exactly how you feel!! I started Tae Kwon Do earlier this year and when I started sparring, it was awesome.

I hope you continue having fun with yours!
Link Posted: 10/17/2009 10:51:04 PM EDT
[#2]
I've been wanting to try boxing, but Gold's doesn't offer it. Sadness
Link Posted: 10/18/2009 4:51:30 AM EDT
[#3]
That's cool!  I would like to try a martial art... like quarterstaff or Judo.
Link Posted: 10/18/2009 6:22:07 AM EDT
[#4]
Good for you girl!  I hope you keep having fun! It's great that you have found a way to stay in shape that sounds like so much fun!
Link Posted: 10/18/2009 7:29:43 AM EDT
[#5]
Aw white belts! I feel sorry for him, white belts are dangerous creatures...good luck with your studies
Link Posted: 10/18/2009 2:30:06 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm SO SORE!!!  

But it feels So good!

I'm starting 3 classes a week beginning  the 26th (birthday present to myself)  

There were a few moves that I couldn't do because my abs are so out of it from the baby. After a few weeks of this, they'll be better than before.  

Link Posted: 10/18/2009 6:14:58 PM EDT
[#7]
good for YOU!!!  how much fun!!!  BJJ seems like a perfect fit for you!  
Link Posted: 10/20/2009 5:15:25 PM EDT
[#8]
I was think about starting a hip hop dance fitness class.
Link Posted: 10/20/2009 5:28:58 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I was think about starting a hip hop dance fitness class.

I've done (and taught) those - if you love to dance and want a challenge, try it!    not all instructors are good, but you'll be able to tell, just by watching the class for a few minutes...  (and even by seeing how many people show up for the class)
Link Posted: 10/20/2009 5:46:25 PM EDT
[#10]
LOL....hip-hop

When we were first together, MrsWind, a shodan, thought she was bad. I told her I was going to put her on her belly on the floor, sit on her and let her up when I felt like it.
WHen I let her up, she called her Sensei and said it didn't work on him, Her Sensei laughed, and said 'hE Has no rules'
Remember that, bad guys have no rules, they are in any martial art for safety....TheWInd has no rules, you need to be like the wind
Link Posted: 10/20/2009 5:52:50 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
LOL....hip-hop

When we were first together, MrsWind, a shodan, thought she was bad. I told her I was going to put her on her belly on the floor, sit on her and let her up when I felt like it.
WHen I let her up, she called her Sensei and said it didn't work on him, Her Sensei laughed, and said 'hE Has no rules'
Remember that, bad guys have no rules, they are in any martial art for safety....TheWInd has no rules, you need to be like the wind

yeah, but how much booty-shaking and grinding do you do in the dojo?

wait - how much booty-shaking and grinding do you do in the dojo WHILE YOU'RE IN A MATCH?  
Link Posted: 10/21/2009 12:30:28 PM EDT
[#12]
Not I! I am a too dignified, and I can't dance......I did have a very cute student back years ago, wore a red G string under her Gi....she told me after I was single and dating aout it,, now she did shake hers
Link Posted: 10/21/2009 12:34:44 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Today was my first Brazilian Jujitsu class.  Its one thing to be working on getting back into the right size clothes and it's a whole different story  to get into shape.  I gotta tell ya, it was unbelievably fun.  The instructor was hilarious and patient.  And totally landed my ass.  I am sore already and I'm excited to practice what I learned with my little brother.  

Good for you.

A friend who lives in Austin had the chance to watch me working out here at a local MMA gym and thought she'd try it out at home in Austin. She has struggled with weight for years. She has taken to it like fish to water, has shed almost 60 lbs in the past 6 months and is even competing already.
Link Posted: 10/22/2009 1:51:47 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good for you.

A friend who lives in Austin had the chance to watch me working out here at a local MMA gym and thought she'd try it out at home in Austin. She has struggled with weight for years. She has taken to it like fish to water, has shed almost 60 lbs in the past 6 months and is even competing already.

I took on 3 extra tutoring jobs to afford it.  But I think it's totally worth it and trading massage with a friend for the babysitting while I'm in class. My abs are STILL sore.  It's wonderful. I dont know why but I tend to enjoy male dominated activities so much more than girly stuff.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 10:23:06 AM EDT
[#15]
So today was my first open class.  I was paired up with this guy a couple inches taller than me.  I learned a few punches, then the take down, and then the grappling.  The last 10 minutes were just trying to get your opponent to tap out....  My opponent was like, "Okay, go." I was like, "Today's my first class." and he was like, "Okay, you can do it this way." BAM!  Or you can do it this way." BAM!!  "Or even this way," BAM BAM BAM.  Yeah, those BAMS are me kissing mat! There were a few awkward moments.    

It was SOOOO much fun. I'm already sore.  
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 10:39:02 AM EDT
[#16]
At least he wasn't a cute guy that you were grappling with while your SO is in the same room.

That can be tough.

It sounds like you are having fun though! Is it helping to get rid of your baby weight?
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 11:14:56 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
At least he wasn't a cute guy that you were grappling with while your SO is in the same room.

That can be tough.

It sounds like you are having fun though! Is it helping to get rid of your baby weight?

Oh he was FINE.  and his Gi kept falling open.  But I have no SO so I'm safe on that front.  

I cycle Mon/ Wed/ Fri and I'm doing BJJ Tues/ Thurs/ Sat.   It's melting. (not fast enough for my tastes, but it's at least going in the right direction)  I just have to watch and make sure I drink enough water.  I'm finding that I'm thirst almost all the time.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top