Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/4/2005 8:09:10 AM EDT
Watching coverage of air lifts on Fox a little while ago and as the camera was scanning around I saw a dog, looked like a black lab, stranded on a porch........just kinda hit me that pets won't be rescued......
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 8:13:06 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Watching coverage of air lifts on Fox a little while ago and as the camera was scanning around I saw a dog, looked like a black lab, stranded on a porch........just kinda hit me that pets won't be rescued......

some of them aren't leaving because of that.

Link Posted: 9/4/2005 8:18:47 AM EDT
[#2]
I'd stand by my pooch too
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 8:20:08 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Me too man.

"We walk from here"
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 8:20:34 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 8:20:36 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

+1

And cats.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 8:20:58 AM EDT
[#6]
If Gizmo don't go
I don't go!

Could you live with yourself after leaving your best friend behind?
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 8:21:28 AM EDT
[#7]
I say rescue the pets, leave the animals.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 8:22:19 AM EDT
[#8]
I got a couple of hounds that I like dearly, but when I first got them I had the  idea that if ever the shtf, then they'd be a available food source.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 8:23:52 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Ain't that the truth.

+1

HH
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 8:30:25 AM EDT
[#10]

........I saw a dog, looked like a black lab, stranded on a porch........just kinda hit me that pets won't be rescued......

Mmmmmmmmmmm............"lab soup"...............if they starve it's their own fault!
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 8:58:49 AM EDT
[#11]
Just another reason to NOT depend on the .gov or anyone but yourself in a disaster.  I don't want to have to leave any member of my household behind.

Alpine
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 12:29:29 PM EDT
[#12]
Just watching the rescue mission. A millitary 10 ton truck hit a bump, the driver stopped and looked out the window, as he saw a LOOTER  under his wheels with his guts squashed out, turned and smiled at his buddy " THANK GOD, THERE FOR A MINUTE I THOUGHT WE HIT A DOG"....!!!
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 12:47:00 PM EDT
[#13]
Besides the available food source (which I'd hate to do) there is another good reason to take the dogs.  While you sleep, they guard.  Most criminal types are afraid of the dog, unless of course it's tiny and cute.  But even the tiny ones will bark when someone comes by that ain't supposed to be there.

I ain't figured the reason to take the cat, but I'd have to anyhow.  
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 12:57:08 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Amen, Hell yes, etc etc.

Link Posted: 9/4/2005 12:58:38 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

+1!
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 1:09:40 PM EDT
[#16]
I dont have a pet so I don't understand realy. If do however feel sorrow seeing animals stranded or in pain.

But I get the feeling some people would die for their pets.

Is that how strong you guys feel about it.?

not a troll question....I'm curios as to how far you would go
I hope this is not a thread hijack question

Taffy
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 1:10:45 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Just another reason to NOT depend on the .gov or anyone but yourself in a disaster.  I don't want to have to leave any member of my household behind.

Alpine

+1
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top