Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/6/2004 1:48:44 PM EDT

Dear Sir or Madam:

I assure you I have personally read your e-mail. However, due to the volume of messages received, I cannot give a personalized response to each to you.

However, here in a nutshell is a general response:

Because I publicly stated how I am going to cast my vote, almost all of you have threatened a boycott against my company.

So be it.

I took a position, and now I will accept the consequences.

I am still going to do my absolute best to make great tools and hope that you and all Americans, of every political affiliation, will find them of value. If not today, someday.
Tim Leatherman
President
Leatherman Tool Group, Inc.
-----Original Message-----
Sent: Friday, October 01, 2004 4:46 AM
To: Mktg-1
Subject: Just so you know.....

As a veteran and a patriot I embrace the right of all Americans to think freely and speak with the same freedom.

Stupidity has its price though.

I got my first Leatherman in Panama. As it had a great dgree of sentiment, I put it in my gunsafe and replaced it for daily use with an identical one that I still carried daily to work as of yesterday.

Today I will carry no knife to work, and tonight I will be going out and buying a new Gerber. Unless someone at Gerber decides to open their piehole and back Komrade Kerry.

What a shame, I really liked my Leatherman, but anyone who thinks a traitor, with the balls of a frenchman would be a good President needs their head examined.

I will share your sentiment with all my friends.

CavVet
Seattle, WA

Link Posted: 10/6/2004 1:50:36 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

As a veteran and a patriot I embrace the right of all Americans to think freely and speak with the same freedom.

I got my first Leatherman in Panama. As it had a great dgree of sentiment, I put it in my gunsafe and replaced it for daily use with an identical one that I still carried daily to work as of yesterday.

Today I will carry no knife to work, and tonight I will be going out and buying a new Gerber. Unless someone at Gerber decides to open their piehole and back Komrade Kerry.

What a shame, I really liked my Leatherman, but anyone who thinks a traitor, with the balls of a frenchman would be a good President needs their head examined.

CavVet
Seattle, WA

VERY nice letter!!!
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 1:52:46 PM EDT
[#2]
oops...DUPE...

IBTL!

Link Posted: 10/6/2004 1:53:12 PM EDT
[#3]
I believe Tim deserves the South Park response....

We have prepared a statement..."Go fuck yourself"

That is all.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 1:53:40 PM EDT
[#4]
just coming on line on this topic...

why the hell would he support Kerry?
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 1:55:41 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Dear Sir or Madam:

I assure you I have personally read your e-mail. However, due to the volume of messages received, I cannot give a personalized response to each to you.

Because I publicly stated how I am going to cast my vote, almost all of you have threatened a boycott against my company.

So be it.

I am still going to do my absolute best to make great tools and hope that you and all Americans, of every political affiliation, will find them of value. If not today, someday.
Tim Leatherman
President

CavVet
Seattle, WA

+1
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 1:56:56 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Because he (along with a list of other outdoor-oriented companies) feels that Bush's environmental policies are bad for his (their) business(es).
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 1:57:10 PM EDT
[#7]
I liked it so much I made some of it my sig line.  Thanks and hope you don't mind.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 1:59:31 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I liked it so much I made some of it my sig line.  Thanks and hope you don't mind.

Not at all.....Damn, I got two siglines goin on arfcom....

I smell a Group buy....

Link Posted: 10/6/2004 2:03:56 PM EDT
[#9]
As I said in the other Leatherman thread, REALLY stupid move for that asshat to throw his personal political choices into the public domain........NO SALE Tim
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 2:05:55 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Because he (along with a list of other outdoor-oriented companies) feels that Bush's environmental policies are bad for his (their) business(es).

Hope he feels the same way if Kerry wins and he is paying corporate taxes untill his ass bleeds.Oh well then he can move his factory to mexico.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 2:13:56 PM EDT
[#11]
If kerry gets elected leathermans will be banned. Too many options on them.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 2:28:50 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Dear Sir or Madam:

So be it.

Tim Leatherman
President

CavVet
Seattle, WA

Great response CavVet!

Merlin
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top