Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 10/3/2004 5:37:27 PM EST
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 5:38:20 PM EST
Id get it pulled, it will look cool.
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 5:39:23 PM EST
Uh...... That'll leave a mark?
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 5:40:14 PM EST
I'd get a pair of channel locks and yank that baby out!

Look at all the money you'll save.
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 5:41:47 PM EST
At least the price of a bushy...

unless you have insurance.
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 5:42:43 PM EST
Smooth move, ExLax.
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 5:44:41 PM EST
Ive done it myself. Pull out the rest of the tooth and rinse your mouth with peroxide and call it a day.
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 5:51:28 PM EST
When I broke my capped tooth, the break went between the roots and the dentist had to pull what was left. No solid base left to build onto so the rest had to go. I got a nice gold nugget out of it though.

Don in Ohio
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 5:54:02 PM EST
Sorry to hear that, but here is more bad news.

Go to a dentist. If you have had a root canal for any length of time the dead root of your tooth will fuse to your jab bone. Sometimes the dentist has to break off a pretty big chuck or jaw/tooth to get it out.
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 5:56:05 PM EST
Sorry to hear about your tooth. But this thread is worthless without pictures.
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 5:58:14 PM EST

Originally Posted By Msokol13:
Sorry to hear about your tooth. But this thread is worthless without pictures.

Yep we need pics
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 6:26:13 PM EST
Get a gold tooth with the ARFCOM logo on it!

bling bling
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 6:31:45 PM EST
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 6:33:00 PM EST
First thing, don't listen to these fuckers trying to get you to pull your own tooth. They are just trying to get a funny followup post out of you.

Pay a professional to work on your mouth. The risk of infection or breaking off part of the root or any other potential problem isn't worth it. You can get an implant to replace the AFU tooth.

My money is on the dentist pulling the tooth and either going back with a bridge or an implant. Maybe you can trade him two ARs for the work.
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 6:33:35 PM EST
Got a Dremel tool?

Seriously...

www.monkeyspit.net/sites/homedentist/

That's right, from the makers of fine woodworking and craftsman tools, comes every family's answer to the horrid dentist visit. Through the years, the name Bleck & Dacker has meant quality. From screwdrivers to circular saws, we are the true innovators. And now we bring that innovation to the world of oral health care!
Bleck & Dacker's Home Dentistry Kit is an all in one tooth maintenance arsenal. Included in this complete, and dentist approved, kit are various high power tools to aid in your pursuit of the perfect smile.

For those pesky cavities, we've got the Drill Master 5000. This cordless wonder will root out all your pain with its variable speed rotation and diamond cut drill bit attachments. Looking to even out your smile by shaving off a little of that snaggletooth you've been teased about for years? No problem! Just whip out the handy jig saw, and your smile will be picture perfect in seconds. Have you got plaque buildup along the gum line? Our high speed belt sander will have your teeth glistening, and your mate beaming over your new fresh breath.

The Bleck & Dacker Home Dentistry Kit has all these items and more! Over twenty powerful tools for the health of your mouth!

Sgtar15
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 6:33:47 PM EST
What did you decide to do with your floor?
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 7:21:40 PM EST
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 7:22:37 PM EST
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 7:24:53 PM EST
EWWWWW...
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 7:30:53 PM EST
get ready for lots of dentist drilling.

[drill noise]WeEEERRRR WRRRRR WeaERRRRR[/drill noise]
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 7:32:38 PM EST
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 7:34:37 PM EST

Originally Posted By sherrick13:

Originally Posted By Combat_Jack:
What did you decide to do with your floor?

My fiancée is now thinking about tile.

Gotta keep her happy.

Hmm, tile. If you have a steady hand, an eye for a straight line, and patience, go for it. If not, fid a local tile guy and tell him theres only one way to stay out of jail just kidding
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 8:48:20 PM EST
[Last Edit: 10/3/2004 8:52:34 PM EST by 199]
It’s possible the dentist might be able to put a post in the root and mount a dummy tooth on it.

In any event, despite the fact that it doesn’t hurt, I suggest you get to a dentist quickly.

And you’re probably going to have to postpone any planned firearms purchases for a while!!

Edited to add: Oops, sorta misread your post. Sounds like a cap is a least a possibility.
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 8:49:51 PM EST

Originally Posted By 199:

And you’re probably going to have to postpone any planned firearms purchases for a while!!

Why is that? He's a cop, he probably has a benefit package.
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 8:58:25 PM EST

Originally Posted By Combat_Jack.
Why is that? He's a cop, he probably has a benefit package.

Possibly not then, depending on whether or not he has dental insurance and on what it covers versus what he wants done.

Of course, if that tooth got busted during an on-the-job scuffle …
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 9:24:11 PM EST
I had a similar problem a few years ago. Definitely go with a gold tooth...chicks dig it!

Link Posted: 10/4/2004 6:21:51 PM EST
Super Glue?????

Think about it thats what he will do just charge you a lot for it!!!Dental Super Glue!!!

Bob
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 8:01:39 PM EST
[Last Edit: 10/4/2004 8:03:42 PM EST by another_shooter]

Originally Posted By sherrick13:
While eating I just cracked one of my teeth in half. I had a root canal many years ago and the tooth is dead so it doesn't really hurt much. The tooth is still attached at the gum but I can move half of it just a little.

Will the dentist have to take it out or can it be sealed and capped?

It depends on how far down the tooth the fracture actually extends. If you have a birooted tooth, even if the fracture went between the roots (into where the roots bifurcate -- aka the "furca" region) your dentist may be able to extract one root and save the other (quite heroic a procedure, and a guarded prognosis). It is probably better to save the whatever part of the tooth is remaining, if possible. If it is a single rooted tooth and the fracture isn't two far down, then again, you may be okay. The dentist will probably put a metal post or a cast dowel-&-core down the canal for strength. He will then build-up on that post (if he uses a post). He will then prep the build-up or core and be able to crown it. But all this depends on where the fracture extends.

Note: This is why you should always crown a tooth you spent money on to have root canal work. What a waste. Endodontically-treated teeth get brittle, they need a crown.

Link Posted: 10/4/2004 9:20:42 PM EST
At least its during the work week...

It sucks having a denatal emergeny on a friday evening and having to waite until monday to get it fixed!
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 10:36:14 PM EST
Top Top