Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 1/4/2012 11:21:25 PM EDT
And it was pretty anti-climactic. Once you get to a high enough level it's all easy mode. 100 Enchanting & 100 Smithing doesn't help make things more difficult.

I think I'm going to play Forza now.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 11:26:05 PM EDT
wat
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 11:26:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/4/2012 11:30:26 PM EDT by johnny_dot_exe]
If you mostly focus on the main storyline the game doesn't last long. The point is to do side quest chains for various factions and etc.

With that said, I got bored about 23-ish hours in to the game and still haven't finished the main storyline, it just doesn't seem interesting anymore. Go walk around in this cave for an hour, go walk around in that cave for an hour, and so on. Even the main Imperial/Stormcloak battle wasn't that great, I just stood there with my bow and picked off NPCs as they spawned. Now when I do quests, I sneak up until I'm in range of NPCs and snipe them with my Daedric bow + Daedric arrows. Just isn't fun anymore.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 11:28:22 PM EDT
Originally Posted By johnny_dot_exe:
If you mostly focus on the main storyline the game doesn't last long. The point is to do side quest chains for various factions and etc.

With that said, I got bored about 23-ish hours in to the game and still haven't finished the main storyline, it just doesn't seem interesting anymore.

Got tired of collecting 10 bear pelts over and over didn't you?
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 11:30:15 PM EDT
Heard all kinds of awesome thing about this game, I rented it for 2 nights before dropping $70 on it, good thing I did, I don't get all the hype but then again its not really my type of game.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 11:30:48 PM EDT

With that said, I got bored about 23-ish hours in to the game and still haven't finished the main storyline, it just doesn't seem interesting anymore.

I did most of the big side quests - The Companions, the Empire, the Dark Brotherhood, the Mage's College dealio, & the Thieves' Guild. It was a great game, but the end of the main quest was just really really disappointing.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 11:32:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/4/2012 11:33:17 PM EDT by johnny_dot_exe]
As a new game it was a lot of fun, but that fun wears off REALLY fast...unless you're one of those types that wants to explore and play every little detail the game has to offer, do multiple playthroughs to try out all the races/skill trees/quest lines, etc. If you look at the game as the latter type of player, it's great and offers infinite replayability...but that isn't the case for the casual gamer.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 11:32:46 PM EDT
Originally Posted By ElectricSheep556:

I did most of the big side quests - The Companions, the Empire, the Dark Brotherhood, the Mage's College dealio, & the Thieves' Guild. It was a great game, but the end of the main quest was just really really disappointing.

I love the game but I have to agree. I saved the main quest line for last thinking that it would be some epic thing as it was in Oliviion.

I was wrong.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 12:26:09 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/5/2012 12:26:51 AM EDT by Nakanokalronin]
The PS3 version is rather buggy half way into playing all the quests. I wish Bethesda knew how to program for the PS3 because FO3, FONV and now Skyrim have been nothing but buggy nightmares. They need to do another FO game but use a different engine and hire some designers and programmers that know how to make a nice wide open area game that runs as smooth as everything else. I sure know it's not the PS3 because no other game bugs out even .01% as much as Bethesda titles. The bugs are not just on the PS3 though since every platform seems to have similar issues.

As far as the main quest, it wasn't bad but by the time I got to it, I was already maxed out on most of my perks so it was a piece of cake. The side quests are fun but since the damn thing glitches out, some of them cannot be finished. One example is the celebration of burning king Olaf (or what ever the name is) that has been going on for basically a game year now. The guy kept going to burn the dummy and now he hammers it while everyone just stands around.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 12:55:47 AM EDT
Originally Posted By ElectricSheep556:
And it was pretty anti-climactic. Once you get to a high enough level it's all easy mode. 100 Enchanting & 100 Smithing doesn't help make things more difficult.

I think I'm going to play Forza now.

Welcome back.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 1:07:34 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/5/2012 1:31:47 AM EDT by Kstanton]
I beat the main quest, and didn't even realize I had done it.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 2:11:18 AM EDT
I bought MW3 and Skyrim for a relative of mine for Christmas. I was hesitating between those games and Dark Souls / BF3.

In hindsight I think I should have bought the other 2 instead.
Top Top