Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/22/2007 6:49:59 PM EDT
After hearing about avg anti spyware on another thread, I downloaded and installed it. Since then, AVG anti virus won't load at startup. I can load it later on without a problem. Can't see the option for it in msconfig either. Any clues on how to fix this?
Link Posted: 4/22/2007 7:35:27 PM EDT
[#1]
I am going to take a guess and say uninstall AVG anti-spyware....

Did I win anything???

Link Posted: 4/22/2007 7:48:30 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I am going to take a guess and say uninstall AVG anti-spyware....

Did I win anything???

Orrrr.......  do the right thing and RE-install the AVG A/V.

These two programs both use some of the same .dlls and core components.  There's a combined version of them and other tools called AVG Internet Security that does both.

Reinstalling the Anti-Virus should straighten out the lost boot startup reg entries or whatever else got 86'd.

ETA:  AVG just did a version upgrade from v7 to v7.5 that was a forced reboot update.  Assuming this could mean your A/V version may have been the older one and it wasn't happy with the newer version anti-spyware install.

Try what I mentioned above and see what happens.

Link Posted: 4/22/2007 8:02:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Just because JB69 wrote more words doesn't mean he is right and I am wrong.

Trust your feelings, the force will guide your actions.

These aren't the droids you are looking for.

Move along.

Link Posted: 4/22/2007 8:24:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Load the updates till it works right, I had the same problem this AM, I've had AVG for over a year.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top