Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/28/2001 12:20:53 PM EDT
I won't ship through them anymore since the price increase. I was just comparing prices between Fedex and usps and are we getting ripped or what.
Example.....6x6x6 box that weighs 10lbs and shipped almost clear across the country.....
usps...12.93
Fedex...6.56
Good-bye USPS.

And why do you think the usps wants you to put everything on CC or bank card?

Just bored today...
Rick
Link Posted: 4/28/2001 1:04:22 PM EDT
[#1]
I shipped a rifle off today Priority Mail w/ delivery confirmation and insurance for $450 and it cost $16.00.  The rifle will arrive Monday.  What would the equivalent service with Fedex be?

Bradd
Link Posted: 4/28/2001 1:08:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Check out the sites and price for yourself.

http://rate.dmz.fedex.com/servlet/RateFinderServlet?orig_country=US&language=english

http://postcalc.usps.gov/zipwt.asp?LP=package&BL=off&OV=off

I'm not one to follow the masses.

Rick
Link Posted: 4/28/2001 1:25:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/28/2001 1:28:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Agreed, Garand.

Under 6 or so pounds, they have fairly decent prices (around $10 or less for a package of any size).  But after that the rates go way up for a package that UPS or Fedex can ship for $10 about anywhere.

Fedex/UPS has the upper hand in mid- to large sized packages.
Link Posted: 4/28/2001 2:14:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 4/28/2001 2:15:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 4/28/2001 3:14:13 PM EDT
[#7]
My experience with UPS has almost always been bad. For me Fed Ex and USPS are the only way to go.

Anyone ever use DHL or Airborn Express?
Link Posted: 4/28/2001 3:51:42 PM EDT
[#8]
BOYCOTT UPS

Here in Canada UPS has a policy of not shipping any firearm products.  This is specially true in bringing them up from the states.

A friend of mine had UPS refuse to ship his rifle scope.  It seems that anything that could be used with a gun in on their NO NO list.

The NFA called for a UPS boycott a year or so ago

Link Posted: 4/29/2001 12:34:31 AM EDT
[#9]
USPS Parcel Post is almoast always cheaper than Fed Ex of UPS.

USPS is definately the cheapest way to ship Books, TM's, & videos. Just ask for the "book rate".
Link Posted: 4/29/2001 12:58:24 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Phil in Seattle:
Please correct me if I'm wrong but isn't Fed Exs delivery also 3 days or less anywhere in the contigous United States?
View Quote

yes!!
Link Posted: 4/29/2001 1:00:25 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
USPS Parcel Post is almoast always cheaper than Fed Ex of UPS.

USPS is definately the cheapest way to ship Books, TM's, & videos. Just ask for the "book rate".
View Quote

Just not for firearms
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top