Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/12/2004 5:58:54 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 6:02:01 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't think they really gave a shit about it to begin with. How many people did they prosecute for assault weapon ban violations?
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 6:03:40 PM EDT
[#2]
I'd say more than a few of them were probably very tired of answering the same questions over and over about whether you could use a preban 30-rounder in a post-ban and what counts as a flash hider as opposed to a compensator, and tons of nitpicky questions about that contorted and confusing law.

Good riddance, I say, and probably so do most of the ATF.  
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 6:03:56 PM EDT
[#3]
I don't think the large quantities of MORONIC Inquiries are over for them yet.  But Fuck them anyway.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 6:14:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Indeed, the ATFe and FBI guys I know are pro 2nd amend. and pro Bush.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 6:16:54 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm guessing that the AWB was a useful adjunct in a handful of gun-related crimes, but was almost never the sole impetus for a prosecution – Prolly more trouble than it was worth, in most BATFE agents' eyes.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 6:22:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 6:25:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Of course they are happy. Less work for them enforcing BS laws.  You can be damn sure there are gun nuts in the BATF who are happy they can modify their personal colection as they see fit too.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 6:34:04 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Of course they are happy. Less work for them enforcing BS laws.  You can be damn sure there are gun nuts in the BATF who are happy they can modify their personal colection as they see fit too.

+1
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 6:39:52 PM EDT
[#9]
I don't know about the BATFE, but I am glad that Clinton's stupid law is going away.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top