Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/6/2003 10:06:54 PM EDT
Ever happen to you??

My head was in a fog all day today, customers talking to me but for some reason I dont lock into what they are saying... same thing when I order dinner tonight. Guy reads back what I ordered and I say "OK if you say so."

overtired? Stressed?

No fucking clue.

Link Posted: 6/6/2003 10:09:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Maybe you have cockroaches in your ears.....

Sgtar15
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 10:10:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks.... had to bring up those fucking roaches again.
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 10:15:43 PM EDT
[#3]
[img] http://www.bio.umass.edu/biology/kunkel/jpegs/pa_f1.jpg [/img]
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 10:20:12 PM EDT
[#4]
overtired? Stressed?  Makes for a good answer either or a combo of them both makes for a hell of a day or week.
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 10:26:18 PM EDT
[#5]
It happens.

Sometimes someone will tell me something and I swear, all I hear is Charlie Brown's teacher in my head.
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 10:40:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Dr you must be the Maytag repairman, huh???
Link Posted: 6/7/2003 9:21:55 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Ever happen to you??

My head was in a fog all day today, customers talking to me but for some reason I dont lock into what they are saying... same thing when I order dinner tonight. Guy reads back what I ordered and I say "OK if you say so."

overtired? Stressed?

View Quote

I think that I experienced that last night when my fiance's mom called to tell me (again) all of the reasons why we shouldn't get married (1 week, 2 hours, and 2 minuites from now). After I said "what?" she said, "oh, were you not listening again?" I think I said something about her saying a bunch of words and not conveying much thought...
Link Posted: 6/7/2003 9:58:02 AM EDT
[#8]
I experience this when I am really stressed or if I take a nap during the day.  I know people are talking to me but I can not comprehend what they are saying.
Link Posted: 6/7/2003 10:22:38 AM EDT
[#9]
Mostly at work.

With particular people it's more of a problem.
Some don't make any sense in the best of conditions.

Also those 3:14 a.m. "relationship" talks do that to me.............
Link Posted: 6/7/2003 10:49:12 AM EDT
[#10]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top