Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/14/2011 2:14:42 AM EDT
I feel kind of hyped up.

Sort of a "don't touch me."

DON'T FUCKING TOUCH ME.

I'M GONNA BITE YOUR HEAD OFF MOTHERFUCKER!!!
Is that normal?
Link Posted: 8/14/2011 2:34:40 AM EDT
[#1]
Try Chantrix. It's been 2 weeks without a cigarette for me and I'm very calmn cool and collected. Just be careful if your wife takes it while PMSing.
Link Posted: 8/14/2011 2:36:51 AM EDT
[#2]
Yep, its normal.

Chew gum.  Or workout.  It's working for me.

Link Posted: 8/14/2011 2:42:59 AM EDT
[#3]
I have not a chew is a day.
Link Posted: 8/14/2011 2:44:08 AM EDT
[#4]
Find something you enjoy doing (one of your hobbies) or do some chores.  It's amazing how productive you are if you force yourself to do something to put your mind in places other than craving nicotine or the habit of placing that cig to your mouth.  It will pass and you will get better.

But I will say I've been smoke free for over a year now and there are some days where I still want one.

My father who smoked for about 30 years and has been smoke free for 13 years said not a month goes by that he doesn't crave a cig every now and then.  

Link Posted: 8/14/2011 2:44:35 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

que!? lol
Link Posted: 8/14/2011 2:49:33 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Try Chantrix. It's been 2 weeks without a cigarette for me and I'm very calmn cool and collected. Just be careful if your wife takes it while PMSing.
Yep. Champix/Chantrix (different name in different countries) is awesome. It completely killed that urgent, itchy, chemical drive to light up. Still had the trained habit/Pavlovian response for smoking at certain times (ie after dinner, while walking the dog, etc) but once the "need" is taken away that was trivial to ignore.

If you can get it, it's an awesome investment to make. Just be careful if you have an history of depression.

Link Posted: 8/14/2011 2:55:17 AM EDT
[#7]
I have not had a dip of skoal in 2 months, for the first week I thought I was going to kill somebody.  I still crave it just not as bad now.
Link Posted: 8/14/2011 3:21:28 AM EDT
[#8]
I quit, you can too.  Just remember, you can't ever have another one again. Ever.
Link Posted: 8/14/2011 3:28:23 AM EDT
[#9]
My last cigarette was on June 19th. I have felt better in that 2 months than i have in all my 6 years of smoking. Keep it up the quitting is very worth it.
Link Posted: 8/14/2011 3:42:57 AM EDT
[#10]
Just remember, five hours becomes a day.  A day becomes a week.  A week becomes a month.  And then you've quit.
Link Posted: 8/14/2011 3:51:10 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Quoted:

que!? lol

Uh, read his sig line dude.
Link Posted: 8/14/2011 3:58:48 AM EDT
[#12]
I'd be a bit skeptical of chantrix or whatever it's called. I've read where it makes some people think and see things differently and has ended in some very bad situations.
Link Posted: 8/14/2011 4:25:18 AM EDT
[#13]
I quit in February. Cold turkey.

Had one just two days ago.

One.

Don't miss it.

Not thinking about it.

I'm over them.

You will be too.
Link Posted: 8/14/2011 4:48:57 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Believe me or not, your message couldn't be more CLEAR brother.

Hope you'll get back all that was taken away from you one day.

Link Posted: 8/14/2011 4:52:09 AM EDT
[#15]
Yes. It gets worse and worse. I typically last a day. BRB. Gotta light up...
Link Posted: 8/14/2011 4:54:07 AM EDT
[#16]
I quit for at least 5 hours every evening.  Then I wake up.
Link Posted: 8/14/2011 5:01:42 AM EDT
[#17]

Man, my wife can't stand me when I try quitting.

I can't stand myself.

But at least hey, they say my semen should taste better..

Quoted:

Yes. It gets worse and worse. I typically last a day. BRB. Gotta light up...

Link Posted: 8/14/2011 5:08:53 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Just remember, five hours becomes a day.  A day becomes a week.  A week becomes a month.  And then you've quit.

This is correct.

I used Chantix and have been smoke free for a year and a half.  

YOU can do it!
Link Posted: 8/14/2011 5:12:08 AM EDT
[#19]
Don't give in.  

I used the patch, and that took the "I'm pissed for no good reason, I know it, but I can't seem to stop being REALLY pissed, and even that pisses me off more" problem and made it easier to control.

My biggest problem with quitting was the fact that I had a damn hard time with the difficulty that I had controlling my temper.

Link Posted: 8/14/2011 5:17:26 AM EDT
[#20]
I smoked for about 20 years, quit a little over a year ago with chantix. I do still chew snuff but I can go without that stuff with almost no cravings, not quite the same as smoking. I did have a stressfull stretch a few weeks ago, I smoked a few packs of cigs then but decided I was starting to get hooked again so I quit.

Good luck, its a horrible addiction, one I wish I had never started.
Link Posted: 8/14/2011 5:19:38 AM EDT
[#21]
I quit after 14 years of smoking.

I remained a non smoker for 6 years, and then one day I had a cigarette at a party. Just one. All the sudden I was hooked again.

I have to quit again now. The first time was easy, but it has been hard this time.
Link Posted: 8/14/2011 5:21:01 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I quit, you can too.  Just remember, you can't ever have another one again. Ever.

This is the truth.
Link Posted: 8/14/2011 5:22:43 AM EDT
[#23]
I have quit many times over the years. I am only 25, but believe it or not, I smoked for over 10 years.

I haven't smoked in over two years now. I feel great. I am swimming and working out; eating healthy again.

Don't give up and don't give in. It is just a stupid little white rolled-up dead plant that you are going crazy over. Don't let it beat you.

Link Posted: 8/14/2011 5:40:53 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I feel kind of hyped up.
Sort of a "don't touch me."
DON'T FUCKING TOUCH ME.

I'M GONNA BITE YOUR HEAD OFF MOTHERFUCKER!!!
5 hours?  You should try to get a full 8 hours sleep at nite.

Good luck OP. You can do it.

Is that normal?

Link Posted: 8/14/2011 5:47:22 AM EDT
[#25]
Ever considered e-cigs?

It worked for me. I bought an e-Go and haven't had a cig since.
Loving all the flavors too!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top