Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/15/2004 10:23:00 PM EDT
I am 18, andI have aquired a half a dozen paperless guns. Should I keep waiting for things to come to the secondhand market, or start filling out 4473s?
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 10:24:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Just start labeling your guns "Duck Hunting Accident" and "Registered"
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 10:25:10 PM EDT
[#2]
I filled out 3 of them the other day.  I wish I could carry ones with all my info already on it.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 10:27:12 PM EDT
[#3]

Good god NO!!!!

What ever you do, do not start filling out those forms.

Buy all of your stuff private party now and forever.

Be patient, you will get what you need.

I wish I had never touched one of those pee yellow forms.

And most men I know who made that mistake feel the same way.

(of course most men who own guns where I live are pretty cynical about our govt)

Zen

"This is my rifle, there are many like it, but this one is mine"  
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 10:31:14 PM EDT
[#4]
It doesn't matter ... if things get realllly bad you won't be using your own weapon anyway.

MT
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 10:40:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Your CCW should definantly have paperwork to go with it, as for guns you want off the books, I don't know about where you live, but every private seller here wants forms filled out along with numerous forms of ID.  If you can get something with no paper all the more power to you, but depending on the state it could get annoying.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 10:44:38 PM EDT
[#6]
No way fill out that 4473!!

Paperless guns = SECURITY & FREEDOM!
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 10:45:36 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Your CCW should definantly have paperwork to go with it, as for guns you want off the books, I don't know about where you live, but every private seller here wants forms filled out along with numerous forms of ID.  If you can get something with no paper all the more power to you, but depending on the state it could get annoying.

I think 18 is too young to get a CCW anywhere. I'm pretty positive it's 21, and I only leave it open to the realm of possibility that it might be 18 in certain some states because some states issue CCWs that allow for the carrying of ANY weapon, be it rifle, knife, etc.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 10:45:58 PM EDT
[#8]
Damn, how an I gonna get an RF94 and a SEAK without paper?
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 10:46:34 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I think 18 is too young to get a CCW anywhere. I'm pretty positive it's 21, and I only leave it open to the realm of possibility that it might be 18 in certain some states because some states issue CCWs that allow for the carrying of ANY weapon, be it rifle, knife, etc.

There are a couple of states that allow it at age 18, but not mine.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 10:47:41 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Isn't trying to intentionally avoid the 4473 form illegal? I mean it's one thing to buy a rifle in a private person to person transfer, but going through a proxy to purchase a rifle is different. The only way I could see you getting one is with a straw purchase unless you find one used and locally later down the road.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 10:48:28 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hes to young for a CCW now, but he'll be 21 in no time.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 10:49:35 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Is trying to intentionally avoid the 4473 form illegal? I mean it's one thing to buy a rifle in a private person to person transfer, but going through a proxy to purchase a rifle is different.

Going through a proxy sounds like an illegal straw purchase
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 10:50:27 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

You know what happens when yuo asume?  I know 16 year olds who have had them in NH.  In fact mabe they were 14???

mark
[email protected]
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 10:55:23 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You know what happens when yuo asume?  I know 16 year olds who have had them in NH.  In fact mabe they were 14???

mark
[email protected]

They issue Pistol/Revolver Licenses to 14 year olds in New Hampshire?

Link Posted: 9/15/2004 11:03:27 PM EDT
[#15]
No straw purchases, just private party.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 11:08:21 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 11:10:58 PM EDT
[#17]
Oh you may have to use it at least once
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 11:11:27 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 11:13:51 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
What would possibly be the reason to not fill one out?

Do you think .gov assumes there are no firearms in your house?

Of course one of them is in my house.  Ask the little shiteater for a price and an addy to send the funds.

Holy shit Steve thats funny. I'll let him know. You going to Gunstock this year?
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 11:15:20 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
I am 18, andI have aquired a half a dozen paperless guns. Should I keep waiting for things to come to the secondhand market, or start filling out 4473s?

You have allready answered it so let me be the first to say no!!

Because at 18 you cannot own one!!  To try and fill out a 4473 would make you a criminal!!

Wait till you grow up then buy them legaly!!!

Bob
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 11:16:38 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You have allready answered it so let be the first to say no!!

Because at 18 you cannot own one!!  To try and fill out a 4473 would make you a criminal!!

Wait till you grow up then buy them legaly!!!

Bob

Huh? Longarms Bobby,not handguns.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 11:26:08 PM EDT
[#22]
And thats what pops my pepper,if you can own a long gun then you should damn well have the right to own a pistol!!!

There are only a few pistols and revolvers that have the energy transfer of most any rifle(long gun)!

I think we should ban all long guns(make every body have Mak-nines,Tarus and Berettas) the police would feel much better!

Bob
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top