Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/3/2004 6:49:43 AM EDT
Locally, I am going after the ol' boy GOP tooth and nail. The corruption in the local party is rampant. But, that is personal and issue oriented, and I should not cross-collateralize their stupidity with some of the stupidity I see in the rank and file of the GOP on a national level.

When it comes to GWB vs. Kerry. I have finally made up my mind.

The clincher for me was seeing Kerry sitting with the NVA leadership. He's a traitor and should be thrown off the island.

I am retiring my until after the election.

FOUR MORE YEARS (and dump the fucking civil rights violations)!!
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 6:52:22 AM EDT
[#1]
Attaboy!
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 7:05:49 AM EDT
[#2]
Your opinion on the speeches last night, BenDover?

GWB -- very good. I thought that he was very specific on the issues (some of the compassionate conservative stuff I DO NOT agree with at all) and we know where he stands. When he teared up talking about visiting KIA families, I almost lost it myself.

JFK -- I have not heard the entire text, but the blurbs I've seen still seem whiney and he has yet to offer any substantiative plans other than raising my taxes!

Link Posted: 9/3/2004 7:06:00 AM EDT
[#3]
Actually, the other thing that did it for me was last night during GWB's speech.

You know how hard I've railed on Social Security and how GenX is going to get the real fuck job as Baby Boomers start retiring in droves (because there's fewer of us in the workforce to support the entitlement, etc...).  I've posted my rants about this in the past.

It just so happens that a while ago, I sent a well-articulated letter to GWB's office concerning the younger generation's issues with regard to SS. I appealed to his fatherhood of GenX aged-daughters and asked what he can do to push initiatives for SS reform with this in mind.

I don't know if he ever read my letter, but his statements last night regarding the partial privatization of the SS administration was exactly what I was suggesting and appealing for in the letter.... to a T.

So... he got my vote.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 7:06:44 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 7:14:10 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Welcome to the "I don't really care for Bush but I'll be damned if I'm going to let Kerry get in office," crowd.

I care very much for W.
I don't agree with him on a lot of things, though.
He is one of the best leaders I've ever seen.
That makes for a great president.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 7:17:49 AM EDT
[#6]
More Bush in 2005
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 7:19:35 AM EDT
[#7]
We knew you'd come around.  I figured you for a devil's advocate!
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 7:21:15 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Welcome to the "I don't really care for Bush but I'll be damned if I'm going to let Kerry get in office," crowd.

I care very much for W.
I don't agree with him on a lot of things, though.
He is one of the best leaders I've ever seen.
That makes for a great president.

+1 as they say.  People assume I agree with the President on everything simply because I like and respect him.  Totally wrong.  I disagree with him on a lot of things but I know one thing:  he's a good man who cares about this country.  It's so rare to get that in a politician that I can live with the disagreements.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 7:29:50 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
+1 as they say.  People assume I agree with the President on everything simply because I like and respect him.  Totally wrong.  I disagree with him on a lot of things but I know one thing:  he's a good man who cares about this country.  It's so rare to get that in a politician that I can live with the disagreements.

+1 +1
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 7:30:36 AM EDT
[#10]
He is willing to actually campaign on privatizing Social Security and restructuring the tax code.  Those things are extremely risky to do, and he is winning the arguement...

Link Posted: 9/3/2004 7:31:03 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 7:33:49 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
He is willing to actually campaign on privatizing Social Security and restructuring the tax code.  Those things are extremely risky to do, and he is winning the arguement...

www.unifac.com/altorfer/emp.jpg

I agree
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 7:35:28 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

a big +1
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 7:36:05 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

+1.  Its getting pretty crowded too.

I hear ya BenD.

Big picture, what  ya did was help us all sharpen our thinking and reasoning. Which ain't a bad thing.

Link Posted: 9/3/2004 7:36:22 AM EDT
[#15]
The SS issue has probably been one of my biggest for a long time. The reason I am harranguing about it so much NOW is because by the time it become the apparent problem, it will be far too late. We have to start NOW to make it work by the time the peak saturation rates of retiring Baby Boomers is here.

GW is paying attention. Now we have to actually DO something.

Oh... and stop trampling on civil rights.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 7:40:25 AM EDT
[#16]

NEO-CON sellout!!!
j/k

Quoted:
Locally, I am going after the ol' boy GOP tooth and nail. The corruption in the local party is rampant. But, that is personal and issue oriented, and I should not cross-collateralize their stupidity with some of the stupidity I see in the rank and file of the GOP on a national level.

The clincher for me was seeing Kerry sitting with the NVA leadership. He's a traitor and should be thrown off the island.

Yep.

It's unbelievable that ANYONE would risk letting an outright traitor anywhere near the Presidency.

Welcome aboard and I stand at your side fighting against excessive gov't spending, absurd infringements on freedom and lax border security - issues which I DO have strong disagreements over the GWBush Admin.

But there's no WAY I'm taking a chance of letting Hanoi-John & the Clinton-Crew get control of our foreign policy.

Link Posted: 9/3/2004 7:49:50 AM EDT
[#17]
+1
I like the guy. Wouldn't mind havin a beer with him. He's not as far right as I'd like to go..but hey....
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 7:51:11 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 7:57:17 AM EDT
[#19]
yeehaw
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 8:02:07 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 8:09:38 AM EDT
[#21]
Wow - a great thread too.  No fury over differences in our individual views or perceptions of imperfections.  Same as if we're talking about ARs - one specific configuration can't please all of us either.  General consensus upon best basic choice but each of us with unique preferences and goals.  Gosh - this must be ARFCOM!
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 8:14:22 AM EDT
[#22]
Some one going to say its a . ITS A TRAP!!  Some one?
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 8:25:35 AM EDT
[#23]
Nope... no trap.

GWB 04!!
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 8:28:27 AM EDT
[#24]
<Yawn>

SGtar15
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 8:32:34 AM EDT
[#25]
I'm on board with the "Not crazy about Bush, but at least you know where he stands (he seems to do exactly what he says he'll do) and he's by far better than kerry" crowd.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 8:37:10 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

About time. GWB has been one or our country's greatest Presidents. He's a true American Hero that certainly should be reelected. An absolute no brainer.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 8:39:30 AM EDT
[#27]
My biggest gripes -- which we'll wait to talk about again -- can all be resolved given enough attention. There's no law which cannot be undone.

Once the guns are gone though, we aren't getting them back.

That's my attitude about the 2nd Amendment issue in a nutshell. GWB has appeared to at least keep things status quo and allow some incremental rollback. That's a gold star next to his name on the bulletin board.

Now if we can shut off the Mexican Connection (including the SS Administration building in Mexico City), and cut back on some budget, while allowing us to fund our own retirement with additional incentives for IRAs 401K, SEPs, etc....

I have no problem putting even 25% of what I am currently sending to the SSA into a self-managed SEP, IRA, 401K, etc... I'm not looking for a pay raise out of this. I am looking to be in more control over what happens to my money that is supposed to be set aside for MY OWN retirement by law.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 8:43:18 AM EDT
[#28]
WELL DONE!

Link Posted: 9/3/2004 8:43:49 AM EDT
[#29]
I agree... the ONE thing about Bush that I haven't been able to be cool with is his embrace of Mexico. The flood over our border is a cancer that if not treated NOW, is going to eat us alive.

But I still support him 100% for another term.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 9:07:15 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
I agree... the ONE thing about Bush that I haven't been able to be cool with is his embrace of Mexico. The flood over our border is a cancer that if not treated NOW, is going to eat us alive.

But I still support him 100% for another term.

I've got no problem exploiting partnering with Mexico to advance both of our economies, but not to the detriment of jobs for American citizens, and benefits.

I've said before on here and got poopoo'd . To solve the problems with Mexico -- make it a state. Just annex the damn place and make Fox the governor elect. THen they can PAY IN to the entitlements with their own taxes, and NAFTA doesn't matter. Wages will increase because minimum wage applies. Etc... etc...
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 9:13:08 AM EDT
[#31]
Good for you Ben.  Now you can hold your head up high for the next 4 years.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 1:30:47 PM EDT
[#32]
I SURE don't agree with GWB on a lot of issues, but the reason I finally came around?

I know where he stands.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 2:54:11 PM EDT
[#33]
I dont think any of us completely agree with the whole platform but he damn sure cares and he got a set, two things kerry will never be able to say.

I would be proud to go huntin with him even if he kills a few killdees now and again, what the hey their just fuckbirds anyway.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 2:57:38 PM EDT
[#34]
It's all good in the hood.

The problem is that when you are skeptical and look hard at specific issues, you get the chant from the starry-eyed believers who almost come across as a cult.

My daddy didn't raise no joiner.

I've been through enough shit to know better than to fail in looking under the hood... especially when buying a used car.

There HAS to be attention to some of these issues, but to date all we have is a war on terror, restrictions on travel, bigger deficit, etc... The economy has shown signs of rebound, but it's still tentative.

So why should I run hog wild into the lights with my Nixon 'Victory' fingers waving without taking a hard look? Nope. Not gonna.

Sorry it gave so many people here such bowel irritations.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 3:04:17 PM EDT
[#35]
2 words for any fence sitters.....

Zell Miller

Link Posted: 9/3/2004 3:06:04 PM EDT
[#36]
After Sen. Zell Miller's slugfest from Wed. night, how can ANYONE even consider sKerry for ANY office.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 3:06:07 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 3:11:22 PM EDT
[#38]
Well... since everyone else is open with their thought processes here, I thought I'd be open with mine.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 3:17:29 PM EDT
[#39]

+1
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top