Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/18/2008 5:20:26 PM EDT
Our little gang is getting worse. Not that big of a deal but this is happening all the time. At least when winter gets here they will not be out on the streets.

http://jamestown.localtoolbox.com/jamestown/read/publisher_1/2008-07-18.05

The part about the concealed weapon is scary. The little bastards like to hang out in the park where i used to take my kids. Since i cant even fucking carry in the park i dont go there anymore. On top of all this we have an asshole setting apt. buildings on fire in the middle of the night. He almost killed people last time.
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 5:26:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 5:26:16 PM EDT
[#2]

19 year old Barrett Hieb, charged with carrying a concealed dangerous weapon a Class A
Misdemeanor, consumption of alcohol be a person under 21 years of age, a Class B
Misdemeanor, and open container of an alcoholic beverage in a motor vehicle, an
infraction.

WTF, you get caught with an illegal gun, and you are illegally drunk and it just two misdemeanors, yea ban guns put don't punish the assholes that abuse it.
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 5:26:47 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
NEVER - EVER leave the house without your carry piece.
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 5:29:23 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

19 year old Barrett Hieb, charged with carrying a concealed dangerous weapon a Class A
Misdemeanor, consumption of alcohol be a person under 21 years of age, a Class B
infraction.

WTF, you get caught with an illegal gun, and you are illegally drunk and it just two misdemeanors, yea ban guns put don't punish the assholes that abuse it.

I will keep an eye on he newspaper to see what he gets for jail time, i am sure it will not be very much. His dad has cash so he might not get any.
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 5:30:42 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

infraction.

I will keep an eye on he newspaper to see what he gets for jail time, i am sure it will not be very much. His dad has cash so he might not get any.

I wouldn't be surprised if he ended up with none.
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 5:33:50 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Our little gang is getting worse. Not that big of a deal but this is happening all the time. At least when winter gets here they will not be out on the streets.

The part about the concealed weapon is scary. The little bastards like to hang out in the park where i used to take my kids. Since i cant even fucking carry in the park i dont go there anymore. On top of all this we have an asshole setting apt. buildings on fire in the middle of the night. He almost killed people last time.
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 5:40:12 PM EDT
[#7]
First Rule of Gunfighting.
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 5:49:24 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Why, is it in a school?
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 5:50:23 PM EDT
[#9]
The CCW list publics parks as a no-go.
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 5:52:35 PM EDT
[#10]
theres people that dont carry everyhwere they go?  if it aint got a metal detector, me take gun into it.
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 5:53:23 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Interesting, not going to stop my from moving there but still.
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 5:58:59 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Call your state rep work to get the CCW law amended. You have a right to defend yourself in public places.

You have to fight for what's right
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 5:59:29 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 6:08:48 PM EDT
[#14]
I'm flying to North Dakota next week for a family reunion. I told my Dad that I will be carrying as ND recognizes my Florida non-resident permit.

He thought I was crazy. Said that there was no reason to need to CCW in North Dakota.

I reminded him that I'll be driving from Fargo to Minot in a rental car, stopping at several gas stations/truck stops, staying in a hotel and generally being in an unfamiliar area that has seen a rise in meth related crimes.

He came around to my way of thinking.

Now, if only Maryland will let me carry at home...
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 6:22:57 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
I'm flying to North Dakota next week for a family reunion. I told my Dad that I will be carrying as ND recognizes my Florida non-resident permit.

He thought I was crazy. Said that there was no reason to need to CCW in North Dakota.

I reminded him that I'll be driving from Fargo to Minot in a rental car, stopping at several gas stations/truck stops, staying in a hotel and generally being in an unfamiliar area that has seen a rise in meth related crimes.

I don't think you have anything to worry about. ND is still one of the safest places in the world. He's probably right but I'm with you on bringing it anyway.

Fargo to minot = crossing the wasteland.
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 6:24:58 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

I spent six years Minot AFB as a dependant.  That is where I went to high school and graduated from in 1989
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 6:27:03 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
theres people that dont carry everyhwere they go?  if it aint got a metal detector, me take gun into it.

+1!
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 6:28:04 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

+1 - whenever possible anyway.

After I got my CHL I carried everywhere I legally could.

Then, once the novelty of it wore off a bit, I found myself being too lazy sometimes to "rig up" before going out.

But then I thought about it, and I realized: "Damn, I sure am going to feel stupid if I ever need my gun and DON'T have it, after all the trouble I went through to get the CHL."

Not only might you feel stupid, but you might also feel very, very DEAD.
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 7:03:04 PM EDT
[#19]
Some times it is better to obey natural law (self-preservation) than to obey government laws.  I'm NOT suggesting that you do anything illegal, but I carried a handgun for about 20 years before my state had a CCW law.  Just food for thought.
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 7:09:21 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Then, once the novelty of it wore off a bit, I found myself being too lazy sometimes to "rig up" before going out.

But then I thought about it, and I realized: "Damn, I sure am going to feel stupid if I ever need my gun and DON'T have it, after all the trouble I went through to get the CHL."

Man, I really hate feeling DEAD.
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 7:11:57 PM EDT
[#21]
Funny, I've always thought of North Dakota as having almost no crime.
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 8:02:20 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I spent six years Minot AFB as a dependant.  That is where I went to high school and graduated from in 1989

I lived in Minot as a kid and then moved to Crosby for a few years before I GTFO.

I do remember tales of random shit, but I didn't know about the things going down recently.
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 8:54:29 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Man, I really hate feeling DEAD.

I would imagine that it does, indeed, suck.
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 9:18:03 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Funny, I've always thought of North Dakota as having almost no crime.

It is not all that bad, but these few things have me worried. We also have almost every sex-offender in ND living in here because we are lucky enough to have the state nuthouse in town.

Link Posted: 7/18/2008 9:20:44 PM EDT
[#25]
concealed means concealed.
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 9:20:52 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
Some times it is better to obey natural law (self-preservation) than to obey government laws.  I'm NOT suggesting that you do anything illegal, but I carried a handgun for about 20 years before my state had a CCW law.  Just food for thought.

I like that idea, anybody know of a good IWB holster for an Glock 20?
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 5:01:25 PM EDT
[#27]

A
B
C

ALWAYS............
BE....................
CARRYING.........[/size=6
]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top