Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/2/2005 11:08:48 AM EDT
Since I cannot address him directly, or whoever DID trash my topic for no reason in the world at all, here is what I tried to send him.  This lock stuff is REALLY getting old, I did not have it coming.

Crybaby mode off.

82nd, if you did not trash my thread re: the "Duplicate Topic" subject last night, I would appreciate knowing who did.  I was posting a serious question with a humorous title, a double entendre, if you know what that is, as I felt it funny given the locks.  Not only was it locked, it was trashed.  In the past, I have thought better of a topic and requested it be trahed, only to have it locked, and have been told that threads could only be locked, not eliminated altogether.  Well, I guess that's out the window.

I do not appreciate what happened, a simple IM to me would have CONFIRMED that I was being serious, and I would have rephrased my title.  And people wonder why folks are leaving.  I have ZERO motivation to re-up my subscription when this is how someone who has lived here for 6 frickin' years is treated.

Once again, if you didn't do it, this rant is not to you.  But if you did, this rant just lets you know you locked a topic in no violation of anything whatsoever and have deeply disappointed a long standing member.

Oh, and I just got back from Kinko's to do the business I attempted to ask a question about last night.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 11:10:01 AM EDT
[#1]
what happened to your avatar?
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 11:11:48 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
what happened to your avatar?

Hahahahaha!

As long as members are treated as they have been lately, it ain't gonna be no stinkin' avatar!  And where were you?  You shoulda swung by a minute ago and helped me down/chainsaw the big tree in my yard!
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 11:13:34 AM EDT
[#3]
It's the internet.  Don't take it, or yourself too seriously.  

If you're talking about  82ndAirborn he's a good guy.  Relax.

Breathe deeply.

Calm blue ocean.

Calm blue ocean.

ETA:  Are you sure your topic didn't get moved?  Have you looked in the pit?
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 11:16:57 AM EDT
[#4]
Apparently your humerous title didn't make him laugh...

Link Posted: 9/2/2005 11:18:12 AM EDT
[#5]
Of course he's accepting IMs--just because you can't figure out how to do it doesn't warrant a "call out" thread.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top