Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/24/2013 5:56:30 AM EDT
Bought this house 2 years ago and have been neglecting correcting this.  Not the best roof job in the world.

View from up roof:

View from front of "problem area":

View "underneath problem area":

As you can see, there can be quite a bit of water being channeled through this valley, and into the "underneath problem area".  The never finished the stucco as you can see in the last pic all the way to the left.

How would you guys suggest the best way to divert the most amount of water away from this venerable area?  I was thinking either a section of gutter or even a formed "J" to get water towards the front of the upper roof line in the 2nd pic.  Also, perhaps some "L" channel at about the 2nd shingle line up from the rock in the last pic?

I hope my descriptions are somewhat clear.

Thanks for any help.
Link Posted: 4/24/2013 6:02:58 PM EDT
[#1]
A lot of the houses in my subdivision have roofs with similar problems. Most of them have "L" shaped rain diverters to move the water to the gutters.

Like this:

Your roof is obviously more complicated, but that might still be the easiest solution.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top