Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 5/20/2005 8:23:35 PM EDT
Perverts, In case your wondering I got a friggen blood clot in my left calf.
After the Princeton shoot my left calf started bugging the hell out of me. It felt like it was in a constant cramp. The pain got to the point that I went to the ER.
They did a ultrasound of my leg and found a clot in my calf. I have to live on blood thinners for a while, oral and injectable.
I thought only "old" guys got this stuff or frequent fliers. Don't ignore that weird pain guys.
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 8:25:32 PM EDT
You will die soon.
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 8:25:38 PM EDT
That sucks.

Link Posted: 5/20/2005 8:26:29 PM EDT
Pics?
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 8:27:03 PM EDT
Take a knife and cut it out yourself.
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 8:27:44 PM EDT
Good thing you caught it before it broker free and hit your lungs.
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 8:29:18 PM EDT
A friend of mine wiped out water skiing one time. The handle ripped up the inside of his thigh from just below the crotch to just above the knee. And covered nearly ½ the leg.

His doctor told him "I've never seen a hematoma that big on a live person before."
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 8:30:44 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Red_Beard:

That happened to Dan Quayle. It's is called a pulmonary embolus.

Link Posted: 5/20/2005 8:32:10 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Bumblebee_Bob:

His doctor told him "I've never seen a hematoma that big on a live person before."

A hematoma is not a DVT.

A hematoma is a collection of blood under the skin, a bruise.
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 8:52:20 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Peak_Oil:
You will die soon.

bastard
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 3:51:38 AM EDT
Any idea what caused it? Driving too long?

Would it have dissolved by itself without the meds?

Was the pain constant, or did it come and go?

Link Posted: 5/21/2005 4:49:25 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Justa_TXguy:

It also happened to one of the reporters riding in a cramped tank in Iraq. He apparently was told by a ?medical officer to get medical treatment but ignored the advice and died.
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 4:56:42 AM EDT
Man, hope you get better soon. You may also want to get your cholesterol checked.
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 6:35:04 AM EDT
In a signifigant percentage of sudden DVT cases the culprit is biochemical changes resulting in hypercoagulability ultimately caused by changes in the bodies chemistry resulting from metastatic lung cancer. I've seen it before. If your doctor wants to suddenly run CAT scans etc. but is reluctant to say why I would suspect that this is what He suspects.

I can IM my address to you if this turns out to be the case and you have no heirs to inherit your guns. My FFL is always cheerful about transfers.

By the way......do you smoke?
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 6:36:25 AM EDT
I had a clot underneath my knee cap!

HOLY SHIT did that hurt!!!!

I feel your pain bro.
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 8:03:14 AM EDT

Any idea what caused it? Driving too long?

Would it have dissolved by itself without the meds?

Was the pain constant, or did it come and go?

no long drives
dissolved on it's own, probably not
pain was constant
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 8:03:50 AM EDT

Originally Posted By VTHOKIESHOOTER:
Man, hope you get better soon. You may also want to get your cholesterol checked.

in the works
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 8:04:23 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Lingum14:

no
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 8:06:43 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/21/2005 8:07:17 AM EDT by TheRedHorseman]

Originally Posted By C-4:

Originally Posted By Justa_TXguy:

It also happened to one of the reporters riding in a cramped tank in Iraq. He apparently was told by a ?medical officer to get medical treatment but ignored the advice and died.

that was David Bloom. he was my units embed reporter. he just dropped dead, I never heard anything about the doc telling him to get help. that was a crappy day for all.

EDIT: he didnt ride inside of a tank per se, he rode on top of an M88 recovery vehicle with our battalion sergeant major.
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 8:39:24 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/21/2005 8:40:23 AM EDT by Cold_Warrior]
I had one last year Damn thing was 2 ft long.You need to have your leg propped up above the level of your heart to have gravity aid in pulling the blood out of your leg as it is probable that your vein valves in your leg are blocked open. Make sure you take your meds (including the shots) as directed and stay away fron sharp things or animals that bite. My cockateils will bite me sometimes and when I was on the rat poison I bled like a stuck pig. (You do know that the blood thining med is rat poison?)

CW
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 8:45:13 AM EDT
coumadin=rat poison
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 8:45:38 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Cold_Warrior:
I had one last year Damn thing was 2 ft long.You need to have your leg propped up above the level of your heart to have gravity aid in pulling the blood out of your leg as it is probable that your vein valves in your leg are blocked open. Make sure you take your meds (including the shots) as directed and stay away fron sharp things or animals that bite. My cockateils will bite me sometimes and when I was on the rat poison I bled like a stuck pig. (You do know that the blood thining med is rat poison?)

CW

warfarin, yes
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 8:54:49 AM EDT
I also had a DVT on the left calf back in 1997. Odd thing is I had no pain or swelling in the calf. I started to suffer breating problems and erratic heart rate. From what I was told is I had microscopic partical runnung throughj my major organs, and that was causing the breating and heart rate problems. Stumped the docs for a while. Took the 11 hours to find the problem. I spent 6 months on thinner and have had no problems since. They were not happy I wated 7 days to get it checked out. They also told me that it would disovle on its own. If I got another clot they would put me on thinners the rest of my life. Good luck and watch what you eat and dont cut your self. You bleed like a stuck pig. Also get an elert braclet so if you get hurt they know you are on thinners.

Steve
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 9:07:08 AM EDT
I'm glad you caught it! Take care of yourself!
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 8:32:56 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Lingum14:

And do you take borth control pills? LMAO

I took crae of a HOT 36 y/o teahcer who smoker and took birth control pills. Man that su cked when she got a PE, but she recoevered alright and BTW did i mention she was hot.
I shouyldn;'t post when I've been drinking.

Link Posted: 5/21/2005 8:50:23 PM EDT
Hmmm.......heard you can get this form excessive internet use!

Hope ya get better soon!
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 8:53:35 PM EDT
Did I ever tell you the story about when my left testical grew to the size of a small pear due to blockage?

Ahhh...good times...good times

SGatr15
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 9:10:59 PM EDT

Originally Posted By sgtar15:
Did I ever tell you the story about when my left testical grew to the size of a small pear due to blockage?

Ahhh...good times...good times

SGatr15

Do you expect us to really believe that? You don't have a testicle! Now, maybe if you said you had a tactical...
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 10:00:17 PM EDT
Did they put a vena cava filter or anything to prevent a pulmonary embolus? I'm guessing you're on Coumadin/warfarin sodium therapy along with Heparin.
Watch your diet for vit. K rich foods.

Top Top