Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/1/2009 12:24:24 AM EDT
I just broke down and bought an Airsoft rifle.  I'd never even shot one before, but it seemed like it'd be fun.  I got the battery operated DPMS AR15 from Walmart.  It shoots semi and full auto.  It's actually really fun!  I tried it out in the shop at work tonight and set up some blocks of styrofoam we had laying around as "poppers" and cleared the shop a few times before the battery died.  lol

Next thing you know I'm going to buy a whole collection of military uniforms from around the world and someone will photoshop me into a GI Joe blister pack.  
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 12:33:45 AM EDT
[#1]
I got a m14 airsoft gun on ebay to shoot dogs and cats that wonder into my yard.

You know all of those "Do not Want" animal pics that come up around here. Thats how they all look after getting hit with a dozen pellets at 400fps.
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 6:16:23 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I got a m14 airsoft gun on ebay to shoot dogs and cats that wonder into my yard.

You know all of those "Do not Want" animal pics that come up around here. Thats how they all look after getting hit with a dozen pellets at 400fps.

Link Posted: 5/1/2009 6:18:38 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

/SNORT/

- Clint

Link Posted: 5/1/2009 6:22:44 AM EDT
[#4]
I want one to practice IPSC and USPSA with, does that make me a "airsofter" ?
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 6:26:47 AM EDT
[#5]
I think airsoft guns are fun.

Shooting in the living room, FTW.
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 6:27:33 AM EDT
[#6]
That's actually kinda cool.  I would ditch the gay-looking vertical foregrip though.

Last winter, I saw a raccoon on my chimney.  Since it's illegal in my town to shoot not only firearms but even BB guns, I bought an airsoft pistol - a Sig 226 look-alike (although it's this obnoxious clear plastic).  The raccoon didn't like getting hit by it.  My wife also hates that I sit on the couch and shoot it endlessly in our living room at this little sticky gel target.
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 6:28:39 AM EDT
[#7]
I've got an airsoft M249 and it's super bad ass. The body is very realistic, it's made of steel, and it shoots around 1000 bb's per minute at 350fps. I plan on installing a .22 in it some day, but for now I have the ultimate GTFO tool for animals.
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 6:28:54 AM EDT
[#8]
How much was it? I'm airsoft retarded
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 6:28:58 AM EDT
[#9]
Are you going to get some dress-up costumes to go along with your new toy?
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 6:31:25 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

About $3,700.  

(j/k ...... referencing that other thread of course)
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 7:15:26 AM EDT
[#11]
Tatsui Sakai.

That's all I have to say about airsoft.

(He won the Steel Challenge after practicing exclusively with airsoft in Japan, and picked up a real gun in the US and in a matter of hours was ready to win.)

I'm not sure whether to get a .22 conversion or an airsoft mockup of my Hi-Power.

Link Posted: 5/1/2009 7:24:33 AM EDT
[#12]
I bought a Crossman C11 CO2 pistol for $30 a couple months ago, semiautomatic, drives a steel BB at 480 FPS from a 17 round magazine.  I've been knocking the shit out of a metal pie plate when I can't get to the range.

Quoted:

How accurate is it?  Same question for the AR rifle.  I'm wondering if you can practice your breathing and such at 25 meters or so and know if the groups suck because of you or because of the gun.
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 7:29:51 AM EDT
[#13]
full auto

Link Posted: 5/1/2009 7:40:51 AM EDT
[#14]

I did it, too. In fact, I owned the airsoft rifle long before I bought the real AR-15. I still enjoy shooting targets indoors with it - I have a box set up at the end of my hallway as an impromptu range when I get the urge to plink at something.

-Mark
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 8:43:09 AM EDT
[#15]
As seen on TV:

Link Posted: 5/1/2009 9:27:16 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I think it was about $70 or $80.  I got an extra thing of pellets and a target too.
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 9:30:02 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Are you going to get some dress-up costumes to go along with your new toy?

Initially I didn't think so but I'm starting to reconsider...
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 9:32:23 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I bought a Crossman C11 CO2 pistol for $30 a couple months ago, semiautomatic, drives a steel BB at 480 FPS from a 17 round magazine.  I've been knocking the shit out of a metal pie plate when I can't get to the range.

Quoted:

How accurate is it?  Same question for the AR rifle.  I'm wondering if you can practice your breathing and such at 25 meters or so and know if the groups suck because of you or because of the gun.

It's not very accurate at all.  You can see the balls spinning off of the LOS in random directions.  Like a pitcher throwing a good curve ball.

However, I was very surprised by how "powerful" it was.  I was shooting into cardboard and styrofoam and they were sticking and going through sometimes.  I wasn't expecting much from it though...
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 9:56:52 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
full auto

It's actually pretty fast.  I was really surprised by that too.  The selector switch is pretty authentic, pointing forward is safe, straight up is semi, and pointing back is FA.
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 9:57:38 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 10:37:15 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 12:50:32 PM EDT
[#22]
I have a Tokyo Marui MP5K-PDW just for shooting at the birds, squirrels, and cats in the yard. Since it won't really kill a bird, I can even run the Texas state bird off (Mockingbird) with it.

I have scared the holy bejesus out of a few cats with the thing. It is truly fun to hit them suddenly with full auto.

I also got it for practice around the house. I have the real thing and want to be able to produce a replica if someone starts asking about why they saw me with a machine gun around the house.

About six months ago, I had a neighbor and his small dog stuck on my front porch because another dog had cornered them there, trying to get at the small one. I snuck out the house and around the side. That dog couldn't get away fast enough when the pellets started hitting his hind quarters.

The beauty of airsoft is that it's a kid's toy (sorta) and no one can really charge you with anything for shooting the neighborhood pests with it. Well not in my neighborhood anyway.
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 12:52:03 PM EDT
[#23]
I'm about to buy a gas-powered 1911.

Who cares about what other people think.

I want one to shoot in my backyard.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top