Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 10/1/2004 12:23:41 AM EST
I wanted a drink and now I got 19 of them damn things I got to get rid of.

I got the old ones you confuse for a quarter and the new sasquatch ones.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 12:25:24 AM EST
Mail them to me. I'll take care of them for ya.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 12:29:56 AM EST
I would go to the bank and get real dollars, but Im going home after work. I try to spend these things quick
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 12:30:18 AM EST
[Last Edit: 10/1/2004 12:30:37 AM EST by warp_asylum]
Take them to the bank and exchange them for real paper money.

eta: Oh.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 12:32:16 AM EST
It isnt worth waiting 30 min for the bank to open. I might fill up the change tray in the car.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 12:32:53 AM EST
You could always just spend them on hookers and blow.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 12:34:05 AM EST

Originally Posted By warp_asylum:

Hmm take them to the strip club...
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 12:35:18 AM EST

Originally Posted By Taxman:

After the initial release into circulation, I only saw the Sacagawea dollars for a few months. I don't know of any businesses that give them as change. How do you come across so many?
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 12:36:37 AM EST

Now you're on the right track. Don't forget to stuff poopers and post pics!
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 12:37:27 AM EST

Originally Posted By USPC40:

After the initial release into circulation, I only saw the Sacagawea dollars for a few months. I don't know of any businesses that give them as change. How do you come across so many?

Change machine at work, its full of them damn things.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 12:38:02 AM EST
The USPS gives dollar coins as change.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 12:40:58 AM EST

Hold them next to your cold beer before you slip them in the thong of the pole huncher. That'll make them headlights come on when the cold metal touches the warm skin! Yowza!
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 12:51:07 AM EST
I use them as tip money at restraunts

S.O.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 1:11:38 AM EST
When I can, I leave them in my car's ashtray for money to use at the drive up window. They're pretty handy. Personally I like the idea of a gold dollar. Or at least a gold colored dollar. I constantly get the mental image of asking for shot of whiskey at a saloon in the old west and flipping a gold dollar across the bar. Then I down the shot, turn and draw my well worn peacemaker on an hombre I saw reaching for his gun in the mirror.

"Don't try it Slade." I say.

"Slap leather Marshall." Slades replies, snarling.

In a heartbeat it's over. Blackpowder smoke fills the air as Slade falls forward over his table, a blank look on his face. He crashes onto the floor amid playing cards and whiskey glasses, clutchig his gut.

My six gun twirls backward into its holster. I calmly turn and ask the bartender for another drink.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 1:19:10 AM EST

You needed a soda, only had a 20, got 19 dollar coins in change, and you are bitching?
Would you be happier with 76 quarters?
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 1:20:07 AM EST
Take'm to a strip club. Stack them up and what ever she can pick up with her she can keep.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 1:21:31 AM EST

Originally Posted By Stryfe:

You needed a soda, only had a 20, got 19 dollar coins in change, and you are bitching?
Would you be happier with 76 quarters?

I might have had a chance of finding a silver one, plus if these fall out your pocket you lose $1 instead of 25 cents
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 1:22:38 AM EST
[Last Edit: 10/1/2004 1:23:45 AM EST by warp_asylum]

Originally Posted By bblake00:
Take'm to a strip club. Stack them up and what ever she can pick up with her she can keep.

With her what?

Biscuit? Hoo-haa? Feline? Bushmaster? Holy of holies? Bargaining chip? ...........
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 1:24:27 AM EST

Her what?

Biscuit? Hoo-haa? Feline? Bushmaster? Holy of holies? Bargaining chip? ...........

I like cigar holder or bearded clam.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 1:25:51 AM EST

Her what?

I like cigar holder or bearded clam.

Cigar holder!
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 4:46:27 AM EST
Take a trip to Vegas.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 4:48:36 AM EST
I think they are cool ... I like confusing the McDonalds workers ....

"Lakesha, look'ere, dis coin gotta indian bitch own it! ... fo' real!, it wurf a dolla too!"
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 4:52:28 AM EST
I hated those things. Every time I went to the store and used one they would think it was a quarter and wouldn't give me proper change back. Then I'd have to have them fish the coin back out of the register and explain to them it was worth a dollar.

I guess it's true...

...THERE IS A TRANNY SNEAKING UP ON YOU!!!
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 4:53:58 AM EST
I hate the sackagawea dollars.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 4:56:29 AM EST
i love buying fast food with them.
order.
roll up to the window.
lady tells me how much.
i just grin and hand them over.
they look at me like i gave them VD!
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 4:58:38 AM EST
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 5:00:09 AM EST

Originally Posted By rn45:
When I can, I leave them in my car's ashtray for money to use at the drive up window. They're pretty handy. Personally I like the idea of a gold dollar. Or at least a gold colored dollar. I constantly get the mental image of asking for shot of whiskey at a saloon in the old west and flipping a gold dollar across the bar. Then I down the shot, turn and draw my well worn peacemaker on an hombre I saw reaching for his gun in the mirror.

"Don't try it Slade." I say.

"Slap leather Marshall." Slades replies, snarling.

In a heartbeat it's over. Blackpowder smoke fills the air as Slade falls forward over his table, a blank look on his face. He crashes onto the floor amid playing cards and whiskey glasses, clutchig his gut.

My six gun twirls backward into its holster. I calmly turn and ask the bartender for another drink.

+1

Link Posted: 10/1/2004 5:05:24 AM EST
oKoK, The strip club ideas were pretty funny, but I save them in a jar. Adds up pretty quick, and when you're in need of some quick cash..you've got a coupla hundred bucks right there.
And your spouse can't say a dang thing about it!
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 5:08:38 AM EST
I haven't seen one of those coins in at least a couple of years.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 5:22:38 AM EST
Buy stamps from a stamp machine at the post office .... if your change is over a dollar, you get one(some).
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 5:36:20 AM EST

Originally Posted By skid2964:

"Lakesha, look'ere, dis coin gotta indian bitch own it! ... fo' real!, it wurf a dolla too!"

A few years ago I went to Farm Store( it’s a chain of drive through convenience stores in FL ) to get a pack of smokes. The lady in the store tells me how much and I tried to pay her with $2.00 bills. She goes ballistic and starts screaming at me " I NO DIS NO REAL MO-NAY! YOU TINK JUS CAUSE I FRO HAITI I STUPID!!"
I said" no its REAL money, you’ve never seen $2.00 bills? How long have you been here?"(keep in mind that the Godmother of two of my kids is Haitian)While she is still screaming at me about not being stupid and she KNOWS its not real money.
Had I not been on my way to work, I would have stayed and waited for the cops she was threatening to call. As it was, I went back later and spoke to the manager & had her straighten the issue out.
I got dirty looks from the Haitian woman from that day out whenever I saw her 'though.

echo6
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 5:45:13 AM EST
She put a hex on you echo6.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 5:47:18 AM EST

Originally Posted By echo6:

A few years ago I went to Farm Store( it’s a chain of drive through convenience stores in FL ) to get a pack of smokes. The lady in the store tells me how much and I tried to pay her with $2.00 bills. She goes ballistic and starts screaming at me " I NO DIS NO REAL MO-NAY! YOU TINK JUS CAUSE I FRO HAITI I STUPID!!"
I said" no its REAL money, you’ve never seen $2.00 bills? How long have you been here?"(keep in mind that the Godmother of two of my kids is Haitian)While she is still screaming at me about not being stupid and she KNOWS its not real money.
Had I not been on my way to work, I would have stayed and waited for the cops she was threatening to call. As it was, I went back later and spoke to the manager & had her straighten the issue out.
I got dirty looks from the Haitian woman from that day out whenever I saw her 'though.

echo6

I have the same problem when try to use $3.00 dollar bills ....
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 5:55:26 AM EST

echo6

The one with Clinton's face on them, right?
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 6:03:47 AM EST
I took the gold dollars to a "club". The "employees" were not amused. I don't think half of them even knew what they were.
I was buying a shirt before we left the place. The guy told me to "take the shirt and keep the f@cking gold dollars"! Free is good.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 6:05:02 AM EST

Originally Posted By MC_Man:

The one with Clinton's face on them, right?

YUP ...
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 6:05:33 AM EST

I speak from experience when I say that strippers do not like change.

Remember the Alamo, and God Bless Texas...
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 6:08:15 AM EST
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 6:09:08 AM EST

With her what?

Isn't that so true?
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 6:10:58 AM EST
do you know how many mexicans i had to toss out of the strip club because the dumb bastards thought the girls were coin operated?
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 6:11:37 AM EST
people say they work so well in canada, but that's because canada got rid of paper for 1 and 2 dollars
I hate them because they're heavier than the paper bills, and I hate carrying change around. and another thing, change doesn't go well in my wallet unlike paper bills
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 6:33:58 AM EST
I love those things, especially the gold ones. I put them in the ashtray and use them to tip the latte' girls.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 7:03:43 AM EST
I have never minded getting them, I guess because I rarely do. I don't think I had gotten one as change until back in May. I got 3 as change at a toll booth and the guy asked if I minded. The parking meter at the beach I go to gives them back as change also.

I had never thought about how inconvenient the are or would be if that was all that was used. Can you imagine cashing a $1000 check and getting all coins? My purse is heavy enough as it is.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 7:26:03 AM EST
I like them. I go to the bank special just so that I can have them.

They are also great to give to the nephews and neices instead of a $20.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 7:40:45 AM EST
The main thing I don't like about them is when you have an emergency and there is no facilities around it is harder to wipe with them!

BigDozer66
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 7:47:45 AM EST
They look like Pirate Dabloons, i use them to tip when im out drinking. Its fun to say Arrr when you are giving them to the waitress.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 7:55:23 AM EST

Originally Posted By paper:
They look like Pirate Dabloons, i use them to tip when im out drinking. Its fun to say Arrr when you are giving them to the waitress.

Link Posted: 10/1/2004 7:57:11 AM EST

They don't stay in the g-strings.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 8:22:49 AM EST

Originally Posted By thelibertarian:

They don't stay in the g-strings.

Well in that case insert them in the coin slot.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 8:36:43 AM EST

Along with a sling shot.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 5:50:22 PM EST

echo6

I had a similar situation happen. I had to go to the bank, so to kill 30 min I go the McDonalds right by it. Get 2 hashbrowns ($1.07) Gave them 2 GOLD dollar coins. I get the response "Dis only Fitty cent" No those are dollars "No dey be quotas". So I ask to speak to the manager and I get the same answer, she even looked at them. Finally I demand my coins back. Both of them were black, and as Im leave one says to the other "White people stupid"
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Top Top