Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 8/13/2005 8:04:00 PM EDT
I go to visit my GFs mom on some weekends in the boonies. Go shoot, ride my 4 wheeler etc. But I never like being a visitor. I dont like to stay in other peoples homes, even my mom's since she got remarried. I also dont like to borrow other peoples things. I am not a loner but thats how I am about stuff. I also expect you to respect my things as they were yours. Some cousins of my GFs borrow my jet ski and flipped it over. I was pissed and my GF didnt understand why. Is it just me?
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 8:06:16 PM EDT
Nope it is not just you.....I could have wrote every word of that.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 8:07:02 PM EDT
My wife and her family had this annoying habit of walking into each others homes without knocking.

I fixed that problem quick!!

so no, it is not just you.

Sgat1r5
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 8:07:24 PM EDT
Same here Doc.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 8:08:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/13/2005 8:08:53 PM EDT by MachinegunManiac]

Originally Posted By ARDOC:
I go to visit my GFs mom on some weekends in the boonies. Go shoot, ride my 4 wheeler etc. But I never like being a visitor. I dont like to stay in other peoples homes, even my mom's since she got remarried. I also dont like to borrow other peoples things. I am not a loner but thats how I am about stuff. I also expect you to respect my things as they were yours. Some cousins of my GFs borrow my jet ski and flipped it over. I was pissed and my GF didnt understand why. Is it just me?

Sounds like you need to set things straight about your personal property.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 8:10:01 PM EDT
I agree with staying at other people's, but I'm not that way with my stuff. If something gets messed up doing the same stuff I do, its no problem. If they are doing something I wouldn't do, it doesn't matter, because they will be doing 20 to life for it anyhow!
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 8:10:17 PM EDT
I hate to be in debt to anyone. If I owe someone some money I will pay it as fast as I have the money. I dont like to go lookinig for my stuff so I dont like to lend it out.

Like I said, I am not antisocial by any means. If my best friend wanted to borrow $10000 tomorrow, I would fork it over. But I also know what kind of man he is as well.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 8:11:38 PM EDT

Originally Posted By MachinegunManiac:

Originally Posted By ARDOC:

Sounds like you need to set things straight about your personal property.

I agree, they were just horsing around, but I would have never fucked up and almost sink the jetski. It was full of water at the end and the battery was FUBAR. I was annoyed as hell.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 8:12:18 PM EDT
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 8:26:03 PM EDT
We always stay in a hotel when visiting family. I hate going to my mom's house, even for a few hours. I like being in my space, with my family and nobody else...

ALL my family thinks I am strange. I guess I'm not alone.

Eric
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 8:29:20 PM EDT
You
Me
SameSame
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 8:30:00 PM EDT
btw, if you plan on marring this girl fix this problem now....or it is gonna cost you a TON of money over the years.,

SGat1r5
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 8:31:31 PM EDT
Ardoc,

Major +1...cannot stand to stay at someones house. And if you borrow my stuff you had better take care of it.

Dram
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 8:40:31 PM EDT
I took the bathroom doors off at my house, so most people don't stay very long, and when visiting an friends/ inlaws house, I usally just leave the door open while taking a shower or pitching a loaf, as for borrowing something, I don't, I usally just buy what I need, even if I'm only using it once, and I don't mind letting someone use my stuff as long as its in sight, as for an overnight loan, eh, depends on the person.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 8:46:06 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Ndenway:
I took the bathroom doors off at my house, so most people don't stay very long, and when visiting an friends/ inlaws house, I usally just leave the door open while taking a shower or pitching a loaf

[note to self]
do not invite over or visit Ndenway [/note to self]

Link Posted: 8/13/2005 8:54:48 PM EDT

Originally Posted By sgtar15:
My wife and her family had this annoying habit of walking into each others homes without knocking.

I fixed that problem quick!!

so no, it is not just you.

Sgat1r5

they caught you with dolls didn't they Sarge?
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 9:09:23 PM EDT

Originally Posted By krpind:

Originally Posted By Ndenway:
I took the bathroom doors off at my house, so most people don't stay very long, and when visiting an friends/ inlaws house, I usally just leave the door open while taking a shower or pitching a loaf

[note to self]
do not invite over or visit Ndenway [/note to self]

now your getting the idea, I think what really freaks visitors out, is when they need to use the restroom, my kids will wait a few seconds, then go in and finish their convesation, my gf tries to holdout till they go to sleep.
Top Top