Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/13/2005 8:04:00 PM EDT
I go to visit my GFs mom on some weekends in the boonies. Go shoot, ride my 4 wheeler etc.  But I never like being a visitor.  I dont like to stay in other peoples homes, even my mom's since she got remarried.  I also dont like to borrow other peoples things.  I am not a loner but thats how I am about stuff. I also expect you to respect my things as they were yours.  Some cousins of my GFs borrow my jet ski and flipped it over.  I was pissed and my GF didnt understand why.  Is it just me?
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 8:06:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Nope it is not just you.....I could have wrote every word of that.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 8:07:02 PM EDT
[#2]
My wife and her family had this annoying habit of walking into each others homes without knocking.

I fixed that problem quick!!

so no, it is not just you.

Sgat1r5
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 8:07:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Same here Doc.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 8:08:25 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I go to visit my GFs mom on some weekends in the boonies. Go shoot, ride my 4 wheeler etc.  But I never like being a visitor.  I dont like to stay in other peoples homes, even my mom's since she got remarried.  I also dont like to borrow other peoples things.  I am not a loner but thats how I am about stuff. I also expect you to respect my things as they were yours.  Some cousins of my GFs borrow my jet ski and flipped it over.  I was pissed and my GF didnt understand why.  Is it just me?

Sounds like you need to set things straight about your personal property.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 8:10:01 PM EDT
[#5]
I agree with staying at other people's, but I'm not that way with my stuff.  If something gets messed up doing the same stuff I do, its no problem.  If they are doing something I wouldn't do, it doesn't matter, because they will be doing 20 to life for it anyhow!
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 8:10:17 PM EDT
[#6]
I hate to be in debt to anyone.  If I owe someone some money I will pay it as fast as I have the money.  I dont like to go lookinig for my stuff so I dont like to lend it out.  

Like I said, I am not antisocial by any means.  If my best friend wanted to borrow $10000 tomorrow, I would fork it over. But I also know what kind of man he is as well.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 8:11:38 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sounds like you need to set things straight about your personal property.

I agree, they were just horsing around, but I would have never fucked up and almost sink the jetski.  It was full of water at the end and the battery was FUBAR.  I was annoyed as hell.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 8:12:18 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 8:26:03 PM EDT
[#9]
We always stay in a hotel when visiting family.  I hate going to my mom's house, even for a few hours.  I like being in my space, with my family and nobody else...

ALL my family thinks I am strange.  I guess I'm not alone.

Eric  
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 8:29:20 PM EDT
[#10]
You
Me
SameSame
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 8:30:00 PM EDT
[#11]
btw, if you plan on marring this girl fix this problem now....or it is gonna cost you a TON of money over the years.,

SGat1r5
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 8:31:31 PM EDT
[#12]
Ardoc,

Major +1...cannot stand to stay at someones house. And if you borrow my stuff you had better take care of it.

Dram
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 8:40:31 PM EDT
[#13]
I took the bathroom doors off at my house, so most people don't stay very long, and when visiting an friends/ inlaws house, I usally just leave the door open while taking a shower or pitching a loaf, as for borrowing something, I don't, I usally just buy what I need, even if I'm only using it once, and I don't mind letting someone use my stuff as long as its in sight, as for an overnight loan, eh, depends on the person.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 8:46:06 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
I took the bathroom doors off at my house, so most people don't stay very long, and when visiting an friends/ inlaws house, I usally just leave the door open while taking a shower or pitching a loaf

[note to self]
do not invite over or visit Ndenway [/note to self]

Link Posted: 8/13/2005 8:54:48 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
My wife and her family had this annoying habit of walking into each others homes without knocking.

I fixed that problem quick!!

so no, it is not just you.

Sgat1r5

they caught you with dolls didn't they Sarge?
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 9:09:23 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I took the bathroom doors off at my house, so most people don't stay very long, and when visiting an friends/ inlaws house, I usally just leave the door open while taking a shower or pitching a loaf

[note to self]
do not invite over or visit Ndenway [/note to self]

now your getting the idea, I think what really freaks visitors out, is when they need to use the restroom, my kids will wait a few seconds, then go in and finish their convesation, my gf tries to holdout till they go to sleep.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top