Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/11/2010 8:08:07 AM EDT
Twice this week, motherfuckers are driving down the interstate, all over the road, traveling about 45 mph.  Going to get someone killed.  It's not that FUCKING important.  If you can't help yourself and absolutely have to text, pull off the fucking road to do it.

In both cases I pulled up beside them and honked.  Then made the gesture of hanging up the goddamn phone.  One was a male, the other the female and both about 20 yrs old.  Wish a guy could RPG their ass.  Keep them from killing someone else.

Yes I hate people who drink and drive too.  And like drunks, people who text and drive think they can do it safely.  WRONG!  DON'T FUCKING DO IT.  I could give a shit less if you run off the fucking road and kill youself, just have some respect for the other people using the same road.  Rant off.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 8:09:34 AM EDT
[#1]
GA made it illegal to text and drive but that hasn't stopped anyone from doing it
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 8:10:23 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
GA made it illegal to text and drive but that hasn't stopped anyone from doing it

So did La.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 8:10:26 AM EDT
[#3]

Link Posted: 9/11/2010 8:19:04 AM EDT
[#4]

Stupid.

Sad thing, that's my generation. I'm surrounded by it.

Link Posted: 9/11/2010 8:31:03 AM EDT
[#5]
I passed someone reading while driving down I-75 this morning.

I drive a lot for work. I see all kinds of stupid shit people do while driving. Some worse than texting!
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 8:31:15 AM EDT
[#6]
What about posting on arfcom while driving?

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 8:31:50 AM EDT
[#7]
Idiots need to learn to use cruise control while texting and driving.

Link Posted: 9/11/2010 8:35:09 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Hang up and drive.

Link Posted: 9/11/2010 8:36:23 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Idiots need to learn to use cruise control while texting and driving.

And use their legs to steer.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 8:37:42 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Stupid.

The sad thing is they are probably talking to each other. Our generation and the next are slowly losing the ability to carry on a normal conversation.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 8:38:48 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Hang up and drive.

Link Posted: 9/11/2010 8:41:43 AM EDT
[#12]
I had a friend who has one of those network blockers, its fun to drive down the road and if there is someone talking on the phone, pull up behind them or beside them and hit it. They look at thier phone for the longest time, can't figure out why the call was dropped. Also fun to do in a bar.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 8:45:52 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Stupid.

The sad thing is they are probably talking to each other. Our generation and the next are slowly losing the ability to carry on a normal conversation.

My cell phone has one purpose, emergencies. People now-a-days seem to live entire parts of their social lives on their phones, seems silly to me.

I'll see groups of 16-20+y/o girls "hanging out", in reality their not even saying anything to each other, just pecking away at their phones. Dumb.

Link Posted: 9/11/2010 8:45:54 AM EDT
[#14]
Air horns FTW.  
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 9:14:05 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

I had a friend who has one of those network blockers,  

I'm going to have to look into that.  One big electronic middle finger to the rude assholes of the world.

So, can the network blocker be enhanced with a big honkin' linear amplifier and an antenna?

Link Posted: 9/11/2010 9:31:24 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I had a friend who has one of those network blockers, its fun to drive down the road and if there is someone talking on the phone, pull up behind them or beside them and hit it. They look at thier phone for the longest time, can't figure out why the call was dropped. Also fun to do in a bar.

That would be cool as hell to have. It would either get me killed or in big trouble. I would have it on all the time on my motorcycle and forget about it and pass a cop or have it drop someones call and they not pay attention to the road and hit me.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 9:40:31 AM EDT
[#17]
Anyone who uses a network blocker just to spite people is a fucking loser.

Just because your life requires nothing pressing or urget doesn't mean other people live the same way.  Get a fucking grip
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 9:43:50 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Making anything illegal doesn't put a stop to it, it just gives the government power to punish people for it.

Link Posted: 9/11/2010 9:44:06 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

I see what you did there.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 11:19:22 AM EDT
[#20]
I had some idiot almost sideswipe me last night. Blew my horn and swerved.
When I looked over, he had the doofus panic look on his face and his glowing phone in his hand.
I really wish people would stop doing it, I accept no one's excuse or argument that it is not an unsafe distraction and outright negligent.
Every day, every fucking day, I see someone distracted by their phone do something dangerous on the road.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 11:33:49 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Same in WA. It was a Secondary Offense for about a year, and they finally made it Primary recently. You'll still see dozens of people on their phones on the freeway though.

Link Posted: 9/11/2010 11:40:28 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Just because your life requires nothing pressing or urget doesn't mean other people live the same way.  Get a fucking grip

Just because you think your life is important enough for you to text and drive, and think you're good enough at it that this thread doesn't apply to you, doesn't mean that it is or you are.  Hang up the phone, loser.  You're going to kill someone out there eventually.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 11:45:52 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 11:57:59 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just because you think your life is important enough for you to text and drive, and think you're good enough at it that this thread doesn't apply to you, doesn't mean that it is or you are.  Hang up the phone, loser.  You're going to kill someone out there eventually.

I never said anything about texting and driving.  If some dildo is driving around with a signal blocker he is affecting everyone in a certain radius.  In a car, in a building, walking, etc.  Pull your head out of your ass if you think something like that is cool.  The stupidity and bandwagon mentality on this site is staggering.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 12:16:24 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I never said anything about texting and driving.  If some dildo is driving around with a signal blocker he is affecting everyone in a certain radius.  In a car, in a building, walking, etc.  Pull your head out of your ass if you think something like that is cool.  The stupidity and bandwagon mentality on this site is staggering.

Im sorry if I feel my life is in danger because some dumb ass would rather text then drive. My life is more important then whos dating who or what someone is wearing ect. I swear the next person who trys to run me off the road while Im on my motorcycle will have to go to the hospital to have the phone and my foot removed from their ass.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 12:18:37 PM EDT
[#26]
I hate every last one of them with you.

Link Posted: 9/11/2010 12:22:31 PM EDT
[#27]
Maybe you should hate careless/reckless drivers.

Kinda like,

"I hate guns! Guns kill people!"

No, idiots kill people.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 12:24:45 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Amen.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 12:24:47 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Im sorry if I feel my life is in danger because some dumb ass would rather text then drive. My life is more important then whos dating who or what someone is wearing ect. I swear the next person who trys to run me off the road while Im on my motorcycle will have to go to the hospital to have the phone and my foot removed from their ass.

Texting happens in short bursts.  A signal blocker really wouldn't do shit to stop someone form actually typing out a message it would just prevent it from going through while in the area.  Probably will cause even more distraction when someone tried to resend the message over and over.  What it will do is caused dropped calls or calls to not go through as well.  Hopefully one of those calls isn't a 911 or other emergency.  Otherwise you just put someone else's life in danger by thinking you are actually doing something to protect yourself.  

Critical thinking.  Try it.

ETA - enjoy your FCC fine if you are ever caught with one as well.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 12:25:07 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Twice this week, motherfuckers are driving down the interstate, all over the road, traveling about 45 mph.  Going to get someone killed.  It's not that FUCKING important.  If you can't help yourself and absolutely have to text, pull off the fucking road to do it.

In both cases I pulled up beside them and honked.  Then made the gesture of hanging up the goddamn phone.  One was a male, the other the female and both about 20 yrs old.  Wish a guy could RPG their ass.  Keep them from killing someone else.

Yes I hate people who drink and drive too.  And like drunks, people who text and drive think they can do it safely.  WRONG!  DON'T FUCKING DO IT.  I could give a shit less if you run off the fucking road and kill youself, just have some respect for the other people using the same road.  Rant off.

Iowa just passed the no texting law-we are all supposed to be safer now (or so they said).

But I have also seen some stupid shit-changing cd's,yelling at kids in the back seat (pulled her out of a ditch),looking at a map (also ditch/telephone pole),eating,etc...
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 12:41:30 PM EDT
[#31]
I love them , they are a hoot to mess with . I like drift right up on there door and blow the horn making them think they have drifted on me , fun times .
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 2:31:23 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Kinda like,

No, idiots kill people.

"But let's make a law against it so we feel better."

Link Posted: 9/11/2010 2:38:08 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I love them , they are a hoot to mess with . I like drift right up on there door and blow the horn making them think they have drifted on me , fun times .

On the motorcycle, a short application of the "Kill" switch without disengaging the clutch pumps the exhaust full of fuel mix. Snap it back to "Run", and *BANG*, instant backfire. Little hard on the valves, but scares the fuck out of inattentive drivers.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 9:45:08 AM EDT
[#34]
By some of the replys I see we have some textrs and drivers here....who think it's OK to endanger other peoples lives.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 9:49:16 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 1:41:24 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
"I hate people doing stupid shit while they drive, so I do stupid shit back at them."

That seems to be the theme here.

Let's counter texting and driving (a ticket and small fine) with an illegal signal scrambler (an FCC fine that could start at $11K and get worse from there).

Common sense.  It is not found in these parts......
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 1:42:56 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
By some of the replys I see we have some textrs and drivers here....who think it's OK to endanger other peoples lives.

Yes, by calling out the hypocrisy of others and how stupid their line of thought is that must mean I condone texting and driving.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 1:45:46 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Your life is in danger ever day that you're alive. There is no law that can be passed to prevent that.

All that does, is give power to the government to punish people for potentially causing harm instead of punishing them for actually causing harm.

Link Posted: 9/12/2010 1:49:48 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Same in WA. It was a Secondary Offense for about a year, and they finally made it Primary recently. You'll still see dozens of people on their phones on the freeway though.  

But the WSP still won't stop people for it.  They're too busy giving people tickets for 3 MPH over the speedlimit instead.z
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 1:51:46 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Texting happens in short bursts.  A signal blocker really wouldn't do shit to stop someone form actually typing out a message it would just prevent it from going through while in the area.  Probably will cause even more distraction when someone tried to resend the message over and over.  What it will do is caused dropped calls or calls to not go through as well.  Hopefully one of those calls isn't a 911 or other emergency.  Otherwise you just put someone else's life in danger by thinking you are actually doing something to protect yourself.  

Critical thinking.  Try it.

ETA - enjoy your FCC fine if you are ever caught with one as well.

So... EMP gun?

Also, illegal in VA too

As it should be.  No one, I mean no one, can focus on driving safely while texting.  Unless you can do it one handed without looking away from the road, and I doubt that sincerely since you have to read to be able to converse.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 1:58:29 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 2:00:20 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Kinda like,

No, idiots kill people.

"But let's make a law against it so we feel better."

And it will raise revenue too
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 2:00:55 PM EDT
[#43]
lol me 2 it drvz me crzy

Posted via AR15.com mobile
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 2:11:41 PM EDT
[#44]

8/10 for sideboob.

I yell at people if they have their phone in their hands and they driving.

Link Posted: 9/12/2010 2:12:02 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quit talking out of your ass.

A signal blocker, as sold currently in mobile form, covers about 10m +/-  and if they block jackasses who are talking or texting while driving then they are helping out, even if they will get themselves in a crack when they get caught.

Those of us who can surf the web while driving are much cooler, anyway, while I don't need a constant signal.

Sent from my iPhone
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 2:17:47 PM EDT
[#46]
I like the people who merge on the freeway at 10 mph below the speed limit then continue merging until they are in the lane of their choice and have just cut off about 10 cars.

They when you pull past them they are talking or texting on their cell phone and still haven't seen you there.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 2:19:23 PM EDT
[#47]
Not as bad as drivers who throw their cigarette butts out the window.

They need a serious ass whippin!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 2:20:38 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 2:20:46 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quit talking out of your ass.

A signal blocker, as sold currently in mobile form, covers about 10m +/-  and if they block jackasses who are talking or texting while driving then they are helping out, even if they will get themselves in a crack when they get caught.

Those of us who can surf the web while driving are much cooler, anyway, while I don't need a constant signal.

Sent from my iPhone

I don't talk out of my ass.  If one of those "jackasses" who happens to be talking while driving is in an emergency vehicle are you really helping out?  No.  Anyone who is running one of these is a fucking asshole.  They are not doing any good to anyone.  They are just petty little douchebags who probably wouldn't have the balls for confrontation so they employ a little passive agressive stunt.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 2:21:44 PM EDT
[#50]
I've almost been run off the road several times because of that shit.

8/10 for the boobs pic.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top