Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/2/2004 9:19:11 AM EDT
It's good to know I can do it, and I've figured out the trick to it (ledger board, it's the key, and two drills, preferably one a hammerdrill) I just never want to do it again by myself.  My front window is a giant picture window that took 3.5 sheets to cover, and then bandaids over the seams.  I'm not hot, tired, sweaty, hungry, dehydrated, and still need to figure out where I'm running.  That reminds me, I think I feel a poll coming on.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 9:26:42 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 9:28:53 AM EDT
[#2]
What happened?
Did you throw away your plywood from the last hurricane?

What I saw that really seemed like a good idea were wood screws, but threaded for a normal nut on the back, drive them into wood, drill hole in plywood, place over screw stub, add washer and nut and you're set.  Easy to take down and put back up whenever Mr. Hurricane comes to visit, if you dont mind little stubs sticking out of your house around your windows all the time.

Kharn
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 9:31:40 AM EDT
[#3]
I called my aunt in Cocoa Beach and told her to come to my house in Nashville and wait it out. She wanted to but her daughter, my cousin, said she wasn't leaving. They are gonna ride it out. She lives right on the beach.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 9:33:23 AM EDT
[#4]
Dude, have you been to Ft. Myers lately, it's groWING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Traffic is horrible and getting worse.  It's almost as bad as Tampa.  And I don't mean from the hurricane. Just in general.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 9:33:45 AM EDT
[#5]
Whichever direction has the nearest tavern!
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 9:35:07 AM EDT
[#6]
I would go within "striking" distance of returning...the farther away you go, the harder it is to get back. If you're gonna drive, wait till after midnight, the blue hairs don't drive that late at night.

Better call Tallahassee today for reservations.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 9:38:07 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 9:42:01 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
TEXAS!  

what the hells wrong w/ you DVD....that thing will follow his ass!!  hes just got that kinda karma!!  
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 9:43:52 AM EDT
[#9]
My mother-in-law lives in Hollywood. Please pick her up at once and take her north to where the center of the storm will hit and leave her on the beach!
Just kidding but its tempting sometimes!!!!
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 10:08:23 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I would go within "striking" distance of returning...the farther away you go, the harder it is to get back. If you're gonna drive, wait till after midnight, the blue hairs don't drive that late at night.

Better call Tallahassee today for reservations.

exactly what I was thinking...  Cops might close off the area afterwards to everyone (including you).  I would try to follow NG's advice and remain close enough to sneak back in under the radar quickly.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 10:19:15 AM EDT
[#11]
Wherever I go I'm taking the "good" guns (two ARs, the DSA, a couple of pistols) with me.  I'm pushing the bigscreen into the middle of the house with the receiver.  Other than that stuff, I don't own much that's worth a shit, and I do have renter's insurance.  I guess the computers can be replaced.

I'm not in the "eye" track, but it's a huge storm.  I just want to go somewhere that I won't be miserable for the whole weekend.  I'd like to just leave, and come back on Tuesday or so if I still have a house.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 10:48:32 AM EDT
[#12]
Not to make light of a very bad situation, but when I first read the title, this is what I thought...

I am a computer nerd...Good luck and prayers sent for all in the hurricane path.

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top