Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/14/2002 6:26:29 PM EDT
I'm watching the Junction boys on ESPN...those [b]FAKE[/b] southern accents just make me (((cringe))).

Why can't they just skip the ATTEMPT at speaking southern and just speak in their Yankee or Northeastern native tongue??

Messed up a perfectly good movie..[:(!][:(!]

Arghhhhhhhh...give it up Hollywood, you ain't foolin' nobody.

[b][blue]NAKED[/blue][/b]
Link Posted: 12/14/2002 6:35:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/14/2002 6:37:02 PM EDT
[#2]
What are you talking about?? I hate the real thing! JK.. Love messin with the southern folk.

Happy Holidays

hawkin

[beer]
Link Posted: 12/14/2002 6:43:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Hiram...you lost me at hello. I have no idea what you're talkin' about. [;D]
Link Posted: 12/14/2002 8:05:45 PM EDT
[#4]
My sister-in-law lived in Texas for 6 months 25 years ago and has the fakest accent ever.  Once in a while she slips and talks normal. boy she gets embarresed.

Bobwrench
Link Posted: 12/14/2002 8:09:43 PM EDT
[#5]
I ordered some ammo from southern ammo awhile back and this woman on the phone sounded soooooo sexy with that accent. I have no idea what she looks like but it does sound nice.
Link Posted: 12/14/2002 8:19:25 PM EDT
[#6]
whi du yu hiate them thar fike sawthurn aksents ...

eh hoser? [;)]
Link Posted: 12/15/2002 12:09:47 AM EDT
[#7]
Half the CW singers have fake accents. It's all marketing.

And so do politicians. I remember when Bill was first running for president, they had Hillary on the TV and she was playing the whole Arkansas, down-home country homemaker thing. They interviewed her 2 days after she moved to DC and golly gee, no more Southern accent! It's amazing how people can lose their accent so fast.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top