Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/16/2006 3:34:59 PM EDT
It was early afternoon and there was commotion coming from the one of the many feeders in our yard. At first glance from the family room I thought…Cool, another Flicker. But, no…It was one of those fucking European Starlings.  I know they nest in the next door neighbors eaves and love to tear out my seedlings for nest buildings. Last year I waited for the neighbor to leave and then filled my sons super-soaker with pure bleach. I blasted the shit out of the nest. But alas, they are back and have been coming in their harrier-like maneuvers for the past month or so.

I crept on hand and knee from the family room to the kitchen and grabbed the Crossman 760D chambered with one Diamond Head pellet. Pumped it 8 times and carefully opened the back slider about 2 inches. I drew down on his unsuspecting ass and whispered “fuck you”. Pffffft………..10 yard shot was right on. A few feathers gently glided to the ground after his sorry ass 5 foot fall. The wife was extremely pleased as I gather my trophy and proudly displayed for all to see… A quick turn of the shovel, a small prayer for soul, and back to building my shop. See how he fairs pulling up Gods seedlings!

Sorry, no time for pics. But he was a nice iridescent blue-green.
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 3:36:39 PM EDT
[#1]
you violated the first arfcom rule of killin stuff: ALWAYS TAKE PICS!!
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 3:37:41 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

+1

Do not come here with tales of death without pics.
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 3:38:10 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

I thought it was SSS?
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 3:38:32 PM EDT
[#4]
[DU Troll]I bet you feel like a big man now![/DU Troll]
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 3:40:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Shoot..........
Shovel...........
Post on ARFCOM!
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 3:43:15 PM EDT
[#6]
I had a full-on battle this weekend....it's the killin time of year.....dropped 12 of these bastards:

Link Posted: 4/16/2006 3:49:07 PM EDT
[#7]
How did it taste................
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 3:49:18 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I had a full-on battle this weekend....it's the killin time of year.....dropped 12 of these bastards:

i35.photobucket.com/albums/d157/Gatordonald/deadbird.jpg

thats it! nice shooting...
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 3:50:05 PM EDT
[#9]
you buried it?  it's best to impale it on a stake in the front yard as a warning to the others...
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 3:51:44 PM EDT
[#10]
I don't bury them....something comes and collects them each night
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top