Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/15/2011 7:44:19 PM EDT
in my favorite gun store.
My first .45, and my first plastic pistol.  I kept vacillating between this and the M&P 45C.  Today, this one just felt better.  That, and it came with a 10-round and a 13-round mag, vs. two 8 round mags with the M&P.

I'm hoping that I'll be able to post the range report tomorrow evening.

Link Posted: 4/15/2011 7:45:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/15/2011 7:48:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Cheers! Good choice. I have the full size Tactical and love it.
Link Posted: 4/15/2011 7:50:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Happy shooting!
Link Posted: 4/15/2011 8:06:41 PM EDT
[#4]

I think I need to find a better image hosting site; it's kind of slow, but the pics should load eventually.  If they don't, it's a XD 45 Compact.

Link Posted: 4/15/2011 8:07:55 PM EDT
[#5]
I liked my XD when I had it. Not sure I miss it though.
Link Posted: 4/15/2011 8:14:55 PM EDT
[#6]
I have the full size and it is one of my favorites.Excellent choice.
Link Posted: 4/15/2011 8:18:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Cool. Get a real holster and mag carrier that wasn't designed by a retard.
Link Posted: 4/15/2011 8:21:03 PM EDT
[#8]
I'm a M&P whore, but I like it.
Link Posted: 4/16/2011 8:34:35 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Cool. Get a real holster and mag carrier that wasn't designed by a retard.

I have a SuperTuck for the P239; I was thinking about getting a Comp-Tac for the XD just to see if I like it any better.

Link Posted: 4/17/2011 6:33:38 PM EDT
[#10]
Sorry, I wasn't able to go to the range today and post a report as promised.  However, I did get 4 boxes of ammo at the lowest price I've ever seen it, and it was still $75 .  Now I remember why  I didn't buy a .45 sooner.

I also stripped the gun and lubed it w/ CLP.  It was alarmingly devoid of lube; the slide rails were completely dry.

I'm going to make every effort to burn that $75 worth of ammo next weekend, and post a report.

Link Posted: 4/17/2011 6:37:55 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
However, I did get 4 boxes of ammo at the lowest price I've ever seen it, and it was still $75 .  Now I remember why  I didn't buy a .45 sooner.

And now I remember why I got a reloading press when I did

Loading your own is really the only way to make shooting a .45 affordable, IMO.  Shelf pricing for 9mm ammo isn't that bad - but .45 is just obscene.
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 6:16:26 PM EDT
[#12]
Here's a quick range report, as promised (better late than never...).

I went through about 220 rounds of Federal 230 gr. FMJ, Blazer 230 gr., and Federal HST 230 gr. +P.  No malfunctions of any kind.  I was concerned about the reliability of the HSTs in this gun after reading some user reports, so I was relieved to not have any problems.  However, this round does have considerably more recoil, and I think I've decided that the additional time required to get back on target isn't justified by the difference in velocity.  

I like this gun a lot.  It's more accurate than I am (shooting with contacts sucks, and I need a lot more practice).  It's my first .45 and I haven't shot one in a while, but it didn't take long at all to get accustomed to the recoil.  I really think that I enjoyed shooting it more than my P239 9mm.  I was bitching about the cost of ammo, but hey, this is fun!  

So it's definitely a keeper, and I'm going to get a holster and mag pouches for it and probably make it my regular carry gun.  And maybe get some night sights, and I'm going to look for an aftermarket grip... and possibly a light.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top