Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 6
Posted: 7/20/2008 5:06:30 PM EDT
Her parents were in tears about the decline of Jewish children saying among other things that nearly 1/3rd of college age Jews are professing homosexuality.  No Jewish babies in your womb they told her. (I don't know if the facts are true or not but I sure have a bunch of writer friends who are Jewish and Gay.)
Anyway Sarah tells me that since I'm a Jew by birth that she and three of her girl friends would like my to father a child.  I can do it, or artificial insemination.  
I won't have any financial or legal responsibility, and the kids will be raised in a loving environment.  
What would you do?
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 5:07:14 PM EDT
[#1]

1st reply on a guaranteed shitstorm.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 5:07:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Well, honestly, I *would*, in fact, hit it.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 5:08:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Hit it and quit it!
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 5:08:07 PM EDT
[#4]

Go for it.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 5:08:10 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Her parents were in tears about the decline of Jewish children saying among other things that nearly 1/3rd of college age Jews are professing homosexuality.  No Jewish babies in your womb they told her. (I don't know if the facts are true or not but I sure have a bunch of writer friends who are Jewish and Gay.)
Anyway Sarah tells me that since I'm a Jew by birth that she and three of her girl friends would like my to father a child.  I can do it, or artificial insemination.  
I won't have any financial or legal responsibility, and the kids will be raised in a loving environment.  
What would you do?

Case and statutory law may vary in your state.

It isn't as simple as both parties "agreeing" that you owe no obligation to your biological child.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 5:08:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Consult a lawyer.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 5:08:25 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
What would you do?

Get everything in writing, no responsibilities, and knock all 4 of 'em up. If they're hot.
Ok, I wouldn't do it.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 5:08:44 PM EDT
[#8]
Crap, the one time I can use the "It's a trap" picture and I can't find it.

Someone else can take the honors.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 5:08:51 PM EDT
[#9]
Nope.  
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 5:08:56 PM EDT
[#10]
Unfortunately this is for real.  I think they want to be good citizens and to fulfil their motherhood roles but don't want a husband.  
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 5:09:05 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
What would you do?

You would have legal responsibility the MINUTE one of them decides they want it from you...

This has happened before, and will happen again...

The courts have found a 'sperm donor' dad liable for child support in the past...
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 5:09:25 PM EDT
[#12]
It's a trap.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 5:09:34 PM EDT
[#13]
is she hot?
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 5:09:58 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
she and three of her girl friends

Only if you knock it all out in one night.. and videotape it.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 5:10:22 PM EDT
[#15]
Get a vasectomy.

Hit it multiple times

Be confused when no one gets pregnant.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 5:10:34 PM EDT
[#16]
No way. They could probably still come after you at some point for child support and might even get it. Consult a lawyer who should then carefully check state law.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 5:10:46 PM EDT
[#17]
Some day the kid(s) will look you up and might want to know why you weren't around. As long as you are cool with answering those questions and turning them away when they need your help.... then go for it. In other words, probably not...
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 5:11:13 PM EDT
[#18]
Listen, if she wants pie she can't have cake. Thats just how it is and she'll have to stay barren.

BTW, they will come after you for child support.... Also, women tend to SCREWUP children when there is no male father figure in their lives. You'd probably be condemning your offspring to a life of failure.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 5:11:17 PM EDT
[#19]
5some?
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 5:11:35 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
What would you do?

there have been cases where guys who donated to sperm banks were held responsible.....years after the child was born.....the court made the guy pay back from day 1.....tell them to adopt...there are alot of kids who could use a good home.....as far as her parents go, do you think it would make them happy to have their lesbian daughter have a kid by a man not married to her just to give an uptick to the jewish population.....

ETA: RUN, don't listen to the "hit it" crowd...
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 5:11:37 PM EDT
[#21]
One of them, (the pretiest) is an attorney.  In fact she went to Georgetown and slightly knew my half brother.
She said she could draw up the paperwork.  I believe her, but I would always wonder.  
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 5:12:01 PM EDT
[#22]
If you willfully father a child with these women you WILL be finacially responsible for their support.  Neither you or the mother can waive this.  Dont be a dumb fuck/
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 5:12:09 PM EDT
[#23]
This can not end well. Have you thought about the day when that child wants to meet his father?
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 5:12:18 PM EDT
[#24]
Get a vasectomy and repeatedly tap that ass.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 5:12:19 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
What would you do?

If she was not a lesbian I would see no issue.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 5:12:42 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
Get a vasectomy.

Hit it multiple times

This FTW
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 5:13:35 PM EDT
[#27]
Run Forrest, Run.  
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 5:13:39 PM EDT
[#28]
Get something drafted up by a lawyer, although it may not stand up.

Personally I would do it. It furthers your bloodline, and from what it sounds the child will be well cared for. I would also feel honored that three women would consider me a choice mate, when they could get anyone to do it.

This is a common thing nowadays. What with gay marriage becoming more and more legalized and accepted.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 5:13:50 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
One of them, (the pretiest) is an attorney.  In fact she went to Georgetown and slightly knew my half brother.
She said she could draw up the paperwork.  I believe her, but I would always wonder.  

They are trying to trick you man. Don't do it.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 5:14:27 PM EDT
[#30]
Pennsylvania Court Orders Sperm Donor to Lesbian Couple to Pay Child Support

HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania  —  A sperm donor who helped a lesbian couple conceive two children is liable for child support under a state appellate court ruling that a legal expert believes might be the first of its kind in the U.S.

Some states have laws that are supposed to protect sperm donors, but those laws can be overturned by judges who feel that the welfare of the child is more important - and that means you pay.  Even if not, you'll be out legal costs.

I wouldn't.  Do you really want your child raised by someone else, anyway?
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 5:14:28 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
What would you do?

If you decide to do this : ARTIFICIAL INSEMINATION.  Most states exempt you from child support this way.

Link Posted: 7/20/2008 5:14:40 PM EDT
[#32]
I think I would always want to see how my kids are doing.  I'm probably going to ssay no, I like the idea of a vasectomy then hit it on consectuive weekends.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 5:14:46 PM EDT
[#33]
Part their legs like the Red Sea.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 5:15:19 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
Get a vasectomy.

Hit it multiple times

That would be my plan.  

Well Whada-u-know.  Shootin' blanks huh?  Who'da thunk it.  
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 5:15:26 PM EDT
[#35]
I will stay away from the shitstorm stuff in your post and stick to practical advice.

Be very careful of fathering a child with any woman. There have been cases of men doing sperm donation to somebody they know with the agreement that he wont be responsible. However a few years go by and the mother is hard up for cash and goes to court for child support. Make sure you KNOW Az child welfare laws and if they aford you any protections or are you still considered the father legally.

Also is there plans for a second person to adopt the child and clear you of legal responisibility?
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 5:15:35 PM EDT
[#36]
I'd do it, depending on how they looked  (ok, maybe looks would not matter)

when would I have to tell 'em I got snipped about 14 years ago?
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 5:15:43 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

They are trying to trick you man. Don't do it.

Unless the OP is extremely wealthy, wouldn't these girls pick some rich dude to try to "trick"?
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 5:15:43 PM EDT
[#38]
Your obligation is to the child, not the other biological parent.  She can not relinquish the rights of the child.  They simply are not hers to give up, they belong to the child.

Some day you will get a call from a lawyer for the child.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 5:15:57 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:
What would you do?

You would have legal responsibility the MINUTE one of them decides they want it from you...

This has happened before, and will happen again...

The courts have found a 'sperm donor' dad liable for child support in the past...

There are some states that have laws with an exemption for artificial insemination.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 5:16:02 PM EDT
[#40]
Are you sure "she" is actually a lesbian?
<  Dude!!  >
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 5:16:05 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
Crap, the one time I can use the "It's a trap" picture and I can't find it.

Link Posted: 7/20/2008 5:16:39 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
Get a vasectomy.

Hit it multiple times

This idea has merit.

Damn girls, lets try again next friday night....
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 5:16:45 PM EDT
[#43]
Damn, whatever happened to the quaint notion of a child needing a mother AND a father to raise them?  Call me old fashioned, but shit-on-a-shingle, guys - without sounding cliched, think of the children.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 5:17:15 PM EDT
[#44]
This sounds like one of those cool Penthouse stories.  MS Paint should be utilized to understand this dilemna.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 5:17:35 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
Are you sure "she" is actually a lesbian?

damn, that made me
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 5:17:38 PM EDT
[#46]
get a hell of a lawyer with a super airtight contract, and get busy.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 5:17:44 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
I won't have any financial or legal responsibility,

What's makes you think you wont have any financial or legal responsibility? Keep in mind that a mother cannot legally give away the rights of her children. Child support is considered a right of the child. Having her promise she wont hold you responsible financially or legally wont hold up in court for more than half a second.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 5:17:44 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

That is a trap! She does not have your interests in mind!
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 5:17:49 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
Get a vasectomy and repeatedly tap that ass.

+69
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 5:17:53 PM EDT
[#50]
Get a lawyer and draw up contracts.  

There have been many cases where if one of the 'partners' leaves, then the other will be looking for the daddy to fulfill the financial obligation (and moral aspect for the good of the child).  

Many judges have held the 'daddy' responsible... didn't matter if he went into a contract with the lesbian couple or not.  

Be very careful.  
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top