Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 12/19/2016 3:03:57 PM EDT
I don't remember how it started, but the missiles had already been launched and everyone was just waiting for the warheads to hit. I saw the story on the TV news, and I remember there was a headline on Drudge Report that just said "WAR!" I had this sense of dread because I was in the city and there was nothing to do except wait for the blast. I looked around and people were laying down on the ground face down, and then they looked up, over their shoulders and there was a sense that you could see the war heads coming in. I didn't lay down, but i did n't look up either. I could sense that there was this crescendo of fear in everyone around me...and then I woke up.

I was so shaken up that I had to check Drudge Report to make sure that it was just a dream. 
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 3:06:29 PM EDT
[#1]
I think that means your dick don't work anymore.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 3:07:38 PM EDT
[#2]

Surprise! 
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 3:12:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Scary.

Had something similar where I thought I woke up to a massive flash and mushroom clouds all around in the distance. 

Jumped in my car heading for the hills. I was trying to figure out which way the prevailing winds were moving to avoid the fallout. 

Got stopped at a makeshift roadblock and some dude tried to rob me.

I pulled out my gun to shoot him but the trigger felt like it weighed 5,000 lbs and I couldn't for the life of me pull it. Woke up once his hatchet landed on my head.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 3:20:27 PM EDT
[#4]
The people laying face down are just asking for anal.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 3:24:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Scary.

Had something similar where I thought I woke up to a massive flash and mushroom clouds all around in the distance. 

Jumped in my car heading for the hills. I was trying to figure out which way the prevailing winds were moving to avoid the fallout. 

Got stopped at a makeshift roadblock and some dude tried to rob me.

I pulled out my gun to shoot him but the trigger felt like it weighed 5,000 lbs and I couldn't for the life of me pull it. Woke up once his hatchet landed on my head.
View Quote

The classic stiff trigger....

I,always get that and then if the gun does go off the bullets seem to have no effect or miss at point blank range, usually zombie dreams.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 3:24:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I don't remember how it started, but the missiles had already been launched and everyone was just waiting for the warheads to hit. I saw the story on the TV news, and I remember there was a headline on Drudge Report that just said "WAR!" I had this sense of dread because I was in the city and there was nothing to do except wait for the blast. I looked around and people were laying down on the ground face down, and then they looked up, over their shoulders and there was a sense that you could see the war heads coming in. I didn't lay down, but i did n't look up either. I could sense that there was this crescendo of fear in everyone around me...and then I woke up.

I was so shaken up that I had to check Drudge Report to make sure that it was just a dream. 
View Quote

So...you had a wet dream? 
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 3:25:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 3:26:41 PM EDT
[#8]
I can never pull the trigger in my dreams. The gun always feels like a million pounds as well.  

It's always a G19 though, so that's good.  
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 3:26:53 PM EDT
[#9]
Since there would only be a few minutes warning if the first strikes were sub launched, you could conceivably miss the whole thing while sitting on the jon.  Surfaced launched, we'd have about 30 minutes' warning.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 3:28:04 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I can never pull the trigger in my dreams. The gun always feels like a million pounds as well.  

View Quote

this is your issue
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 3:31:38 PM EDT
[#11]
What is it with new york triggers in all dream guns ??? Last time that happened in my dream I had to pistol whip someone to death.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 3:52:04 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yeah that's kinda funny how that happens. Last week I had a dream two dogs are chasing me, I pulled my gun and couldn't get the trigger to work
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 3:54:08 PM EDT
[#13]
I had a dream last night I was attacked by some cartel thugs, and wasn't carrying my gun. Dreams always tell us something.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 3:59:58 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 4:02:51 PM EDT
[#15]
Was this dream in Sept 2001?
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 4:12:20 PM EDT
[#16]
Huh.

I thought I was the only one with useless dream guns.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 4:16:04 PM EDT
[#17]
Never had a dream about it. Just woke up to it every fuckin day for 5 years.

Sleeping like a baby and wake up too

"Man battle stations missle for pressurized wsrt, spin up all missles"

We always daydreamed about the "for strategic launch" part but alas, it never came. Oh well would have been a blast.

Link Posted: 12/19/2016 5:00:32 PM EDT
[#18]
me too, I ate one sour too
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 5:19:50 PM EDT
[#19]
I can't find my ammo.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 5:20:29 PM EDT
[#20]
Dream perhaps related to OP's previous post about consuming mass quantities of alcohol???
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 5:24:32 PM EDT
[#21]
Start playing Fallout 4 now to prepare.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 5:28:50 PM EDT
[#22]
"I can never pull the trigger in my dreams. "
-----------
In other words, you dream about Ruger 10/22s?
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 5:29:17 PM EDT
[#23]
I had a dream four years ago where I was on the outskirts of Houston laying face down on the ground. It was near a power facility and the nuke already went off.

I didn't even have interests in nuclear warfare at the time but I've read up on it since then.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 5:32:31 PM EDT
[#24]
You had the gay dream

It's time to come out of the closet

Link Posted: 12/19/2016 5:35:27 PM EDT
[#25]
You all have a bunch of fears.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 5:41:50 PM EDT
[#26]
For you guys with the heavy triggers, missing bullets etc. I went through this way back when I first started defensive pistol shooting. With more intense practice, my dreams actually allowed me to get conclusive hits. Keep practicing!
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 5:45:04 PM EDT
[#27]
You need a safe space, OP.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 5:45:45 PM EDT
[#28]

They say a million people dreamed of planes flying in to buildings the morning of 9/11/01.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 5:47:00 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote

The shitty trigger isn't a nightmare. It's real.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 6:01:36 PM EDT
[#30]
Interesting. At least half a dozen of the people I know have told me they have had dreams about inbound nukes in the past month. Maybe something is going to happen soon.

Just out of curiosity, can an ammo fort stacked in a corner of the basement protect you from radiation? (ok, I will change that to serious question)
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 6:22:25 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

this is your issue
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

this is your issue

Then the dang hammer is going to get in the way and the stupid safety!

Damned if I do and damned if I don't.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 6:31:41 PM EDT
[#32]
I had a similar dream a few months back.  In my dream the nukes had already landed.  I was trying to get to my house where my kids were.  When I got their they were burned in place statues.  My newborn baby fell apart into ash as I picked her up.  Very bad dream, took a few days to get over it.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 6:44:40 PM EDT
[#33]
I've had many over the years.

In the more recent ones (last 6yrs or so) I am not afraid. I am praying. I feel peaceful & suddenly, I wake up.

As for the gun ones, no heavy triggers or guns... In one I didn't have my carry on me. I awoke when I was shot feeling a burning sensation in my hip. Woke up feeling it, I was sleeping in a bad position & it was bothering me. Still made me think I need to be 100% ready at all times... Hard to do but I decided to try all the harder.

The last one went much better. Didn't have to fire a shot to diffuse the situation.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 6:48:07 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I had a similar dream a few months back.  In my dream the nukes had already landed.  I was trying to get to my house where my kids were.  When I got their they were burned in place statues.  My newborn baby fell apart into ash as I picked her up.  Very bad dream, took a few days to get over it.
View Quote

That is similar to one I had years ago. I'm right there with you.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 6:50:12 PM EDT
[#35]

How many here understand the relation of this to the past.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 6:52:45 PM EDT
[#36]
I have this reoccurring dream about a squad of horny cheerleaders dragging me aboard their bus and having their way with me.

Lot's of doom and gloom from the left lately and the world continues to be screwed up. Unplug a little bit and I think you will feel better. Trump is about to be POTUS and the nations secretary of defense will be Mad Dog Mattis. Grownups that live in the real world are going to be in charge. I'm actually worried that with Obama and company out of power, what do I need all these guns and gear and stuff for? For the first time in a long time I'm starting to think the S is not going to HTF. If you are a lefty it seems like the sky is falling, so you are likely picking up on their unease. Lot's of craziness on the international scene but I don't think a lot of this is new. Syria reminds me a hell of a lot of what I read about the Lebanese civil war.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 6:58:07 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Dream perhaps related to OP's previous post about consuming mass quantities of alcohol???
View Quote

Consuming mass quantities of internet ... is more like it.

Reading his recent posts ... oh, there's a trend.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 7:07:43 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote

Start saving caps and grab the overseer's guardian ASAP.  Best bang for your buck.

Side note: water purifiers are an easy way to get rich.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 7:09:45 PM EDT
[#39]
I had mushroom cloud dreams for a long time. They were terrifying. I haven't had one for a couple of years, though.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 7:10:44 PM EDT
[#40]

Never knew Fred Savage was muslim
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 7:12:47 PM EDT
[#41]
You should be getting your end of the world dream news
from dream ARFcom.  No log in no care.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 7:14:37 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

How many here understand the relation of this to the past.
View Quote

WWI parallel or what ?

shit the arch duke was about the first thing to come to mind
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 7:15:07 PM EDT
[#43]
I had the same dream two nights ago. Waiting and wondering if we would get hit by a nuke. Creepy.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 7:19:30 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Interesting. At least half a dozen of the people I know have told me they have had dreams about inbound nukes in the past month. Maybe something is going to happen soon.

Just out of curiosity, can an ammo fort stacked in a corner of the basement protect you from radiation? (ok, I will change that to serious question)
View Quote
90% of us kids who went through the Cuban Missile Crisis had dreams about inbound nukes. Didn't happen. 
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 7:21:33 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

this is your issue
View Quote

I can always use my guns in my dreams, whether it's my G19 or subgun.  It's all about confidence.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 8:04:57 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
I had mushroom cloud dreams for a long time. They were terrifying. I haven't had one for a couple of years, though.
View Quote

I had aftermath dreams for awhile. Like the road, long before it ever was created. Haven't had one in atleast 6 or 7 years though.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 8:15:13 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Since there would only be a few minutes warning if the first strikes were sub launched, you could conceivably miss the whole thing while sitting on the jon.  Surfaced launched, we'd have about 30 minutes' warning.
View Quote

this, and most likely you would never be warned since there would literally be no point to it since you would never make it out of the blast zone.  the feds and heads of state gov't would be shuttled to their respective bunkers.  Dont want the unwashed masses cloging up the roads preventing that.  its much akin to a meteor strike, what can you do other than just enjoy the show.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 8:17:05 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Never knew Fred Savage was muslim
View Quote

lol
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 8:19:39 PM EDT
[#49]
Send your attractive wives to my mine shaft
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 8:20:42 PM EDT
[#50]
My dick would've been rock hard when I woke up.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top