Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/22/2004 6:08:10 PM EDT
I took the boat out on Lake Erie today to fish for Smallmouth Bass one last time before I put it away for the season. I fished all of my best spots from 9:30 AM until 1:00 PM without a single bite. I was about to head back to the launch, when the fish suddenly turned on. Weighing them with a digital scale, I ended up with 2 fish over 5 lbs., one 4 lbs. 14 oz, 1 over 4 lbs., and another close to 4 lbs. If I were in a tournament, I would have had about a 23 lb five fish limit. I haven’t been able to fish much this year, so it was good to wrap up the season on a good note.  

Now, watch out Bambi, Mr. Remington and I will be looking for you.  
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 6:16:15 AM EDT
[#1]
is there a bad day fishing? that's like a bad day at the range with Brooke Burke.
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 7:35:21 AM EDT
[#2]
striper fishing in RI is great this weekened!

alot of big ones caught.
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 7:44:10 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
is there a bad day fishing? that's like a bad day at the range with Brooke Burke.

Uhh, if you were with Brooke Burke, why the fuck would you be at the range?
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 7:46:32 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Because they already broke every bed in the house and needed somewhere else to screw?
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 7:49:01 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
is there a bad day fishing? that's like a bad day at the range with Brooke Burke.hr

Because they already broke every bed in the house and needed somewhere else to screw?

Thats what cheap motels are for.
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 3:10:45 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
striper fishing in RI is great this weekened!

alot of big ones caught.

I fished for Stripers for the first time at Cape Cod this Spring. That could definitely make you forget about freshwater fishing.
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 3:19:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 3:31:02 PM EDT
[#8]
The Wisconsin Sturgeon season just closed on October 15th, and I am still trying to catch up on my sleep.  It was an awesome season!  

In 4 weekends of fishing, we caught and released 87 Lake Sturgeon...28 of those were over 50 inches...the largest was 66 inches.

The sturgeon populations keep getting better every year.
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 4:35:35 PM EDT
[#9]
Mantis - nobody said it yet - that's a helluva haul!!!

Good job!!!  BIG mothers!
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 5:01:28 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 5:07:04 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:
is there a bad day fishing? that's like a bad day at the range with Brooke Burke.hr

maybe I respect her for her mind instead of just lusting after her body.
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 5:33:22 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

maybe I respect her for her mind instead of just lusting after her body.

AAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Link Posted: 10/23/2004 6:08:44 PM EDT
[#13]
There are fish left in Lake Erie?  I used to fish there when I was little and the lake was pretty nasty. I hear things have improved quite a bit.
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 7:24:49 PM EDT
[#14]

Mantis - nobody said it yet - that's a helluva haul!!!

Good job!!! BIG mothers!

Thanks Tate !

Quoted:
There are fish left in Lake Erie?  I used to fish there when I was little and the lake was pretty nasty. I hear things have improved quite a bit.

Lake Erie used to be one of the best bass fishing secrets in the country, but the word got out. Both Bassmasters and the FLW tour fished tournaments out of Buffalo this year. If you don’t weigh in over 20 lbs. in a five fish tournament, don’t even bother weighing in.  

This is no exaggeration: A friend of mine and I fished for 6 ½ hours on a Spring day a few years ago and landed 130 Smallies all between 2 and 4 lbs. My forearms were literally getting sore. It hasn’t been as good the last year or two, most likely from the additional pressure, but it’s still one of the best fisheries in the country.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 5:05:34 AM EDT
[#15]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top