Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/4/2008 9:58:48 PM EDT
She called me right after McCain finished giving his speech. She is 100% behind McCain and was telling me that she is trying to get some McCain yard signs to put out front. I guess the Republican Party office in her county was closed today for the RNC.

Anyhow, she told me that her neighbor and her would be the only ones on their block with McCain signs in their yards. I couldn't believe this. She lives in a middle class mostly white neighborhood in Michigan.

I asked "well what about the old couple across the street?" Nope they're voting for Obama. I couldn't believe this. These people are very strict baptists and ardently opposed to abortion. During the 1968 riots in Detroit, the woman's first husband was dragged into an alley and beaten to death by black racists, a couple of whom were associated with the Black Panther Party. Her current husband was also attacked and beaten by blacks about 10 years ago. Given Obama's ties to black racists I would have thought these people would be dead set against Obama, but the Union says to vote for Obama, so that's who they're voting for.

I asked "well what about XXX and YYY down the block?" The husband is always complaining about how the blacks used racism to destroy Detroit and chase whitey out to the suburbs and how thanks to Coleman A Young's racism against Whites Detroit is the sewer that it is today. Nope. The Union told them that Obama is their man, so they are voting for Obama.

She even said that my oldest sister, who is constantly complaining about how women can't get ahead in the workplace and how minorities get too many breaks when it comes to college education and financial assistance while she has to slave away to repay her student loans and how between her taxes and her student loans she can barely afford to live on her own is leaning heavily towards Obama. Why? Because John McCain is too old!

I would have thought that after the way the DNC demonstrated themselves to be the world's biggest hypocrites by refusing to count the votes of every Democrat in the State of Michigan and after Kwame Kilpatrick (who has ties to Obama and was endorsed by Obama) was caught being a gangster, and after the City of Detroit was destroyed by black racists under 35 years of Coleman A Young's "leadership", and after the Democratic governor found opportunity after opportunity to destroy the state's economy and increase taxes that the people of Michigan would have rejected this candidate who is promising to raise taxes and has strong ties to black racists and even black power terrorists...I would have thought that after this Barack Hussein Obama wouldn't have had a chance in hell to win in Michigan. It seems that I was wrong. Very, VERY wrong.

We need to fight people. We need to volunteer, donate, evangelize and expose this Barack Obama for what he is. We need to unite! We need to drop any negative rhetoric against McCain. We need to pound the platform with everyone we can. We CANNOT let Obama see the inside of the White House unless he is taking the guided tour. I have never had much confidence in the intelligence of the average person, but now I see the lemmings as I never have before. Rats following the Pied Piper to their doom and to the destruction of this great nation. We need to fight. If Obama wins then America is in big trouble. Our economy will have the last nails driven into it's coffin, our troops will be demoralized and return to us betrayed and defeated, our health care system will be ruined, our liberty and our right to defend ourselves will be in serious jeopardy, our incomes will be pilfered, our allies will be abandoned and our enemies will be emboldened. There is far too much at stake my friends. We must take every non-violent action that we can, talk to every person we can, give as much as we can spare and sacrifice of our time to preserve this union for 4 more years.
Link Posted: 9/4/2008 10:03:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Well the union can see what signs are up in their yards.  But they don't get to go in the voting booth and see how they really vote.
Link Posted: 9/4/2008 10:03:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Not good but what people say and do is often not the same

MI is lost anyway

But with Palin in the entire West is in play now IMHO
Link Posted: 9/4/2008 10:06:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/4/2008 10:11:27 PM EDT
[#4]
In 99% of cases (at least in the US), labor unions have become incredibly perverted instutions that no longer exist for their original purpose, but rather exist simply to continue their own existence.
Link Posted: 9/4/2008 10:13:28 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
In 99% of cases (at least in the US), labor unions have become incredibly perverted instutions that no longer exist for their original purpose, but rather exist simply to continue their own existence.

Link Posted: 9/4/2008 10:20:22 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

i3.photobucket.com/albums/y54/USPcompact/CaptObvious-1.gif

Guess I should have added that they also have a habit of brainwashing - and when that doesn't work, then they resort to... "other" means.

But that probably deserves the same treatment as well.

The thing is, most people who don't have contact with unions think they're all great, should be fully supported, know what they're talking about, etc, etc.

Oh, interesting anecdote about those "other" means... some years ago, a new hotel was being built in my then-hometown, and it was being built with non-union labor. The hotel mysteriously burned to the ground not just once, but twice during construction. Hmm...
Link Posted: 9/4/2008 10:23:11 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Not good but what people say and do is often not the same

No hard care union guy is going to admit to voting for McCain, what they do when the curtain closes might be different

Yeah, but just don't ask the machine for a ride to go vote.   HA.   In a poly sci class, I had a prof who was from Chicago.  He told us about a little experiment during boss Daley's reign.  He called the local machine headquarters and told them he needed a ride to go vote.  They sent a crooked nose gorilla to drive him.  So the prof. walked up to the voting booth and pulled the curtain.   The gorilla pulled the curtain back and asked if he needed any help. Ha   The prof. said no and proceeded to vote for Daley.  He said he didn't want to risk the neg. consequences for not voting for Daley.   the end.    
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top