Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/11/2005 8:41:07 PM EDT
I had a great time. He's a pastor now at a Baptist church somewhere over in the Wedgewood area. Eventually someone in my family mentioned I owned a gun, and my mom told him it was a WW2 classic peice, a "Nazi slayer". I later got to show it to him before he left, he laid eyes on it and LOVED it. He took aim at the target on the wall and peered through the sights. He was in the army from 69-72 and spent some time in Vietnam and Germany. He said he was issued an M16 and 1911. He absolutely LOVED LOVED LOVED his M16.  (to refute a thread on here sometime ago) He told me a story about how he almost started an incident between East Germany and West germany once. He was in the drivers seat of a 2 1/2 Deuce and got lost, nearly driving into East Germany.

Ben
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 8:44:55 PM EDT
[#1]
I knew I recognized the name of that church!  That's where the 10/99 shootings took place.  

Was he there then?
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 8:47:56 PM EDT
[#2]
He's a poser, dammit!

EVERYBODY knows that authentic Vietman Veterans are glassy-eyed, deranged, antisocial,track marked heroin addicts prone to violence against small chidren!

Sheesh!

(If you're under 45 or so, butt out unless you know what I'm talking about!)
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 8:50:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Did he mention Kerry at all?
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 8:52:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Yes. Wedgewood is also the name of an area and the church happens to be named after the area. I've been to the church a few times. The people there are awesome.

He wasn't there. At the time the shooting happened it was a youth group meeting.

Oh yeah, he thinks Kerry is an idiot. Just to get that out there. His head is on straight.

Ben
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 9:06:15 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
He's a poser, dammit!

EVERYBODY knows that authentic Vietman Veterans are glassy-eyed, deranged, antisocial,track marked heroin addicts prone to violence against small chidren!

Sheesh!

(If you're under 45 or so, butt out unless you know what I'm talking about!)

So...?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top