Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/2/2006 4:37:13 AM EDT
For once, last night I get the urge to go to sleep before 3:00 AM... in this case, about 11:30. I'm asleep by 12:00, and I don't have to be up until 10:30 AM. So, that seems like I should be getting a pretty good night's sleep, yeah?

Except that I wake up sweating and with indigestion, and after a really unpleasant dream (not scary, just... really unpleasant, like having to spend hours doing a really tedious task you hate doing) for good measure, at around 2:30. It's odd that I woke up, though; the sweat was due to the fact that my room is way too hot since I have zero air circulation from outside, even with the window open, and they shut off the AC in the building and turned the heater on, while it's still reaching the 70s some days, and the indigestion... well, I shouldn't eat half a pizza for dinner, especially not really late, I guess. But I've slept through worse. Anyway, for some reason or other, I couldn't get back to sleep until around 3:30. And as you might know, being awake for an hour and then going back to sleep pretty much gets rid of the restfulness the first sleep provided. Which in this case wasn't much, but still...

Anyway, I wake up again at 7:00, still way too hot, but nothing else wrong. Anyway, I try to go back to sleep, and after about five minutes, I do. Then I wake up again in another five minutes. After this cycle repeats itself a few times, and I notice the clock says 7:40, I just say to myself "fuck it" and get up.

So now I have nothing to do for about four hours and I'm tired as hell but no way am I getting back to sleep. I highly doubt it's apnea because I never wake up short of breath or anything, and according to people who've slept in the same room as me, I don't snore.

I never really get a good night's sleep, anyway; for some reason or other, I usually don't feel the desire to go to sleep until about one to three in the morning, no matter how early I wake up or for how often I wake up very early.

Of course, this isn't the first time I've been convinced my brain doesn't like me.
Link Posted: 11/2/2006 4:39:20 AM EDT
[#1]
I finally got some sleep for 8 hours.

I had been going to sleep about 1 and waking up at 2 or 3 then at 7.

I was up in time to go get chicken before work
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top