Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/12/2013 9:21:10 AM EDT
http://finance.yahoo.com/news/new-rifle-mimics-machine-gun-s-rapid-fire----and-it-s-legal-145153186.html

Sorry if dupe....
Link Posted: 9/12/2013 9:26:18 AM EDT
[#1]
In other news... Slide Fire record sales today
Link Posted: 9/12/2013 9:26:57 AM EDT
[#2]
Saw that.  Fuck I hate yahoo news.
Link Posted: 9/12/2013 9:28:20 AM EDT
[#3]
yahoo news = obama mouth piece
Link Posted: 9/12/2013 9:30:41 AM EDT
[#4]
Pissed me off, I was coming to post it but I saw this and just commented.  What are the chances this turns into some ridiculous news story that gets picked up by the lame-stream worry-squad and becomes some sort of new legislation to bar modifying long guns?

too much tin foil or am I close?
Link Posted: 9/12/2013 9:32:02 AM EDT
[#5]
They're circling the drain anyway.

I have not seen so many negative comments on the content and accuracy of "news" articles on the internet as I have with virtually ALL of Yahoo's posts lately.   Even their mail client is circling the drain...

I'd imagine they'll be broke, bought out and revamped within a year by a much larger, much more liberally-slanted company; so there's always that to look forward to.  
Link Posted: 9/12/2013 9:56:04 AM EDT
[#6]
Funny how this "story" popped up immediately after the Colorado recall elections. It's like their playbook always has Plan B, C, D, etc.
Link Posted: 9/12/2013 10:03:36 AM EDT
[#7]
You do realize that article was written by someone working for CNN don't you?  Yahoo just displays a news feed of the most active stories.  If you want to complain about someone target CNN for writing a bullshit piece.
Link Posted: 9/12/2013 10:04:02 AM EDT
[#8]
I find this thread new and innovative.

Link Posted: 9/12/2013 10:10:25 AM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Funny how this "story" popped up immediately after the Colorado recall elections. It's like their playbook always has Plan B, C, D, etc.
View Quote

This.
Link Posted: 9/12/2013 10:10:55 AM EDT
[#10]
sorry didn't see that it was written by CNN, had to start  teaching a Indus Civ. Lecture
Link Posted: 9/12/2013 11:05:59 AM EDT
[#11]
On a positive note, virtually all the comments below the article are calling the author out on the BS in the article and/or mentioning that it's the same thing as bump firing and nothing new.
Link Posted: 9/12/2013 11:23:00 AM EDT
[#12]
On a related note, I reached a level of hardness today that I didn't know was possible.

I always wanted to try a belt fed gun......Now I just need $6,000
Link Posted: 9/12/2013 12:55:34 PM EDT
[#13]
Fuck yahoo and FBHO
Link Posted: 9/12/2013 12:59:00 PM EDT
[#14]

"It sprays like a fire hose," said Renner. "We recommend no more than 30 rounds on the belt, but one person could make it as big as they want."
-break-
A spokeswoman for Wal-Mart (WMT), one of the largest gun sellers in America, said the company does not sell Slide Fire products, and will not be offering the belt-fed rifle.
View Quote

Da fuck?

EDIT: Never mind, I skimmed through the article thinking it was only about the stock. Now I see that is is about the stock and a belt fed rifle that slidefire also wants to make.
Link Posted: 9/12/2013 1:35:20 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

EDIT: Never mind, I skimmed through the article thinking it was only about the stock. Now I see that it is about the stock and a belt fed rifle that Slide Fire also wants to make.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

"It sprays like a fire hose," said Renner. "We recommend no more than 30 rounds on the belt, but one person could make it as big as they want."
-break-
A spokeswoman for Wal-Mart (WMT), one of the largest gun sellers in America, said the company does not sell Slide Fire products, and will not be offering the belt-fed rifle.

EDIT: Never mind, I skimmed through the article thinking it was only about the stock. Now I see that it is about the stock and a belt fed rifle that Slide Fire also wants to make.

based on its stock...

I'd wager this goes the way of the Akins Accelerator...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top