Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 9/12/2013 9:21:10 AM EDT
http://finance.yahoo.com/news/new-rifle-mimics-machine-gun-s-rapid-fire----and-it-s-legal-145153186.html

Sorry if dupe....
Link Posted: 9/12/2013 9:26:18 AM EDT
In other news... Slide Fire record sales today
Link Posted: 9/12/2013 9:26:57 AM EDT
Saw that.  Fuck I hate yahoo news.
Link Posted: 9/12/2013 9:28:20 AM EDT
yahoo news = obama mouth piece
Link Posted: 9/12/2013 9:30:41 AM EDT
Pissed me off, I was coming to post it but I saw this and just commented.  What are the chances this turns into some ridiculous news story that gets picked up by the lame-stream worry-squad and becomes some sort of new legislation to bar modifying long guns?

too much tin foil or am I close?
Link Posted: 9/12/2013 9:32:02 AM EDT
They're circling the drain anyway.

I have not seen so many negative comments on the content and accuracy of "news" articles on the internet as I have with virtually ALL of Yahoo's posts lately.   Even their mail client is circling the drain...

I'd imagine they'll be broke, bought out and revamped within a year by a much larger, much more liberally-slanted company; so there's always that to look forward to.  
Link Posted: 9/12/2013 9:56:04 AM EDT
Funny how this "story" popped up immediately after the Colorado recall elections. It's like their playbook always has Plan B, C, D, etc.
Link Posted: 9/12/2013 10:03:36 AM EDT
You do realize that article was written by someone working for CNN don't you?  Yahoo just displays a news feed of the most active stories.  If you want to complain about someone target CNN for writing a bullshit piece.
Link Posted: 9/12/2013 10:04:02 AM EDT
I find this thread new and innovative.

Link Posted: 9/12/2013 10:10:25 AM EDT
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Funny how this "story" popped up immediately after the Colorado recall elections. It's like their playbook always has Plan B, C, D, etc.
View Quote

This.
Link Posted: 9/12/2013 10:10:55 AM EDT
sorry didn't see that it was written by CNN, had to start  teaching a Indus Civ. Lecture
Link Posted: 9/12/2013 11:05:59 AM EDT
On a positive note, virtually all the comments below the article are calling the author out on the BS in the article and/or mentioning that it's the same thing as bump firing and nothing new.
Link Posted: 9/12/2013 11:23:00 AM EDT
On a related note, I reached a level of hardness today that I didn't know was possible.

I always wanted to try a belt fed gun......Now I just need $6,000
Link Posted: 9/12/2013 12:55:34 PM EDT
Fuck yahoo and FBHO
Link Posted: 9/12/2013 12:59:00 PM EDT

"It sprays like a fire hose," said Renner. "We recommend no more than 30 rounds on the belt, but one person could make it as big as they want."
-break-
A spokeswoman for Wal-Mart (WMT), one of the largest gun sellers in America, said the company does not sell Slide Fire products, and will not be offering the belt-fed rifle.
View Quote

Da fuck?

EDIT: Never mind, I skimmed through the article thinking it was only about the stock. Now I see that is is about the stock and a belt fed rifle that slidefire also wants to make.
Link Posted: 9/12/2013 1:35:20 PM EDT
Quoted:

EDIT: Never mind, I skimmed through the article thinking it was only about the stock. Now I see that it is about the stock and a belt fed rifle that Slide Fire also wants to make.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

"It sprays like a fire hose," said Renner. "We recommend no more than 30 rounds on the belt, but one person could make it as big as they want."
-break-
A spokeswoman for Wal-Mart (WMT), one of the largest gun sellers in America, said the company does not sell Slide Fire products, and will not be offering the belt-fed rifle.

EDIT: Never mind, I skimmed through the article thinking it was only about the stock. Now I see that it is about the stock and a belt fed rifle that Slide Fire also wants to make.

based on its stock...

I'd wager this goes the way of the Akins Accelerator...
Top Top