Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/29/2003 11:24:37 AM EDT
My dad & I went to the local gun store to use the range. It is $6.00 per hr per person on Sundays. I waited all week to go because money has been really tight for a while due to a job shortage on my part. I got there ahead of my dad, & the guy who came to the lobby was,... well frankly rude to me. He said we don't open till noon, & I asked what time it was, as I left my watch home after I got off work this morning. I work 11pm to 7am.  I asked if I could book a stall for noon & come back later, he said no, & a few other small rude comments to me. I said fine, & was 1/2 the way out the door when I realized I didn't have to be talked down to without letting him know what I thought of being treated like crap from him. I said I'm a customer, & I don't like the way you are talking to me. I will go shoot somewhere else. He says huh? I told him I understood the circumstances, but that he need to learn to use some tacked.
I met my dad in the parking lot, & told him what had transpired, & he said no problem, we would go to the river to shoot.
Boy did we have fun. I shoot 50 rds from my little FIE .25 just for the novelty, & then 100 rds of 45. I shot 15 rds from my AMT DA backup. (fun/no problems) Then I shot my Baby Eagle from my right hand, & my Kimber CDP from my left. Boy was that fun! I had my dad try it with my Baby Eagle, & his Ruger. He liked it a lot too.
We didn't pay for a range, but we made a good memory.
I hope ya'll had a good Sunday too, & spent some time shooting with your dad,son,wife,brother, friends, etc.[:D] Searcher out
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 11:28:35 AM EDT
[#1]
why would ya ever pay for a range , when ya can go sumwhere and shoot for free, go get sum nice target stands and have at it, i wish i could shoot without paying, the joys of the citylife. glad ya had fun. the one range i goto has come across the same way. dunno why, im a paying customer so i dont understand why ppl cant be nicer, i dont mean kiss my ass, jus use sum customer service skills
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 11:29:05 AM EDT
[#2]

I'm cleaning guns from Bulletfest.
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 11:36:39 AM EDT
[#3]
We drove 25 miles one way to get to are free range the payed indooor range is 2 miles away.
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 11:38:42 AM EDT
[#4]
oh i can relate to that. the indoor range i goto is like 5 minutes from where i live, but atleast ya got to be outdoors with ya pops, good times.
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 11:46:00 AM EDT
[#5]
Customer service has gone the way of the dinosaur. It always is interesting to find someone who treats a paying customer in a derogatory way. Invariably their business suffers or the owner's business suffers. I suggest if the person you spoke to wasn't the owner or manager that you call and inform the owner of the lack of courtesy and poor customer service you received and the resultant loss of business.

He will either offer compensation (prehaps a free afternoon at the range)and an apology or he won't. If he doesn't it is his loss. Take your business elsewhere.

TT [wave]
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 11:51:58 AM EDT
[#6]
TT that is exactly what I have planed to do. I just figured I would wait till tomorrow.[:D]
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 12:59:59 PM EDT
[#7]
that is horrible!  When I worked at an indoor range customer was second only to safety!  I really enjoyed making peoples day, and it pays off! they come back.

I will pay more if the customer service is good...but if you treat me like crap, buh bye.

Link Posted: 6/29/2003 1:07:53 PM EDT
[#8]
As customers, all we want is to be treated fairly and courteously.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top