Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/14/2005 11:54:32 AM EDT
I went with my dad, uncle & nephew to Galvastan Island to go crabing. we got about 50 & headed home. Seemed like a long way to go to catch so few & head home so quick. Next time I won't go unless it's for a few days.

I saw a lot of Louisiana plates at all the hotels we went by, but we didn'y have a problem getting a room at a decent hotel. Saw the National gaurd at a place were we had put out a crab trap on Monday night. They were trying to form up in front of the hotel, right in the way of  thru traffic, & my dad just drove right threw them. I saw the 1st Sgt rushing to get out of the way of the van we were in.

My dad wasn't trying to be a jerk, just wanted to get through the road. Bad place to form up, in the middle of the road on a peir I guess.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 11:58:22 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I went with my dad, uncle & nephew to Galvastan Island to go crabing. we got about 50 & headed home. Seemed like a long way to go to catch so few & head home so quick. Next time I won't go unless it's for a few days.

I saw a lot of Louisiana plates at all the hotels we went by, but we didn'y have a problem getting a room at a decent hotel. Saw the National gaurd at a place were we had put out a crab trap on Monday night. They were trying to form up in front of the hotel, right in the way of  thru traffic, & my dad just drove right threw them. I saw the 1st Sgt rushing to get out of the way of the van we were in.

My dad wasn't trying to be a jerk, just wanted to get through the road. Bad place to form up, in the middle of the road on a peir I guess.

What "pier" were you on.  And is "Galvastan" anywhere near "Galveston"?  I work in "Galvastan" and have seen no National Guard, so I am wondering where they were.  There was a MSC ship that sailed today: I wonder if they sent guard members on it to NOLA.

Link Posted: 9/14/2005 12:03:56 PM EDT
[#2]
You know I was thinking Galveston could be the new NOLA
They are on the right track.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 12:10:33 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

What "pier" were you on.  And is "Galvastan" anywhere near "Galveston"?  I work in "Galvastan" and have seen no National Guard, so I am wondering where they were.  There was a MSC ship that sailed today: I wonder if they sent guard members on it to NOLA.

I don't remember the name of the hotel, but it was on the peir, & then there was a fishing section you had to pay to fish off of. It was just a few blocks from the Rainforest Cafe.

Sorry I misspelled the name of your island. My spelling is weak, but I keep on trying.

Galveston Galveston Galveston Galveston Galveston Galveston Galveston Galveston Galveston
Galveston Galveston Galveston Galveston Galveston Galveston Galveston Galveston Galveston
Galveston

There I spelled it like you & coppied it 100 times. I repent.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 12:14:05 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I don't remember the name of the hotel, but it was on the peir, & then there was a fishing section you had to pay to fish off of. It was just a few blocks from the Rainforest Cafe.

Sorry I misspelled the name of your island. My spelling is weak, but I keep on trying.

Galveston

Link Posted: 9/14/2005 12:19:53 PM EDT
[#5]
You guys kill me
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 12:22:58 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Galveston

Sounds like The Flagship.  Good job on Galveston!!

Link Posted: 9/14/2005 12:24:50 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Galveston

Sounds like The Flagship.  Good job on Galveston!!

Link Posted: 9/14/2005 12:28:15 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Galveston

copiedcopiedcopiedcopiedcopied

Whew!
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 1:12:45 PM EDT
[#9]
Damn fine job!!
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 7:13:01 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Galveston

Well, while we're at it, it's "crabbing", not "crabing", which would be pronounced "craybing".  Now, if you were in fact catching crayfish, you *might* be able to get away with it.  But you weren't.  So you didn't.  
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 8:19:42 PM EDT
[#11]
Why drive to Galveston ?

I heard that you can catch crabs off a toilet seat.

GM
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top